It's 2016... why haven't you gone vegan????!?!??

It's 2016... why haven't you gone vegan????!?!??

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/nice-try-vegans-plants-can-actually-hear-themselves-b-1599749162
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because I'm not a retarded person

Because kill yourself.

Health reasons. I prefer getting my nutrition from animal products as it's often more bioavailable.

I like flavor, and protein in my life.

How do I start? Do I just drop everything at once or is there a process?

Drop everything

No

I'm already a pesco-vegetarian.

I don't think I could live without cheese and milk.

How do you get your protein

Start with removing pork. The next year beef. Chicken then next, etc.

Probably peanut butter or eggs

Because sufficient vitamin B12 isn't available without supplements in a vegan diet.

Also I love milk, cheese, eggs, etc. way too much to give them up. I have my own chickens, so the birds that produce my eggs are spoiled rotten and you can't say otherwise.

Or the FISH.

Unless you need Veeky Forums percentages of protein oats, peas, soy and beans all have plenty.

If you do need Veeky Forums percentages, vital wheat gluten or any of the other various vegan protein powders.

Tofu, milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt, and sometimes fish.

I would have fish more often if it were cheaper. Not really a fan of sardines. Kippered (herring) is pretty good though. And of course Salmon.

>bioavailable
Good argument. Going full vegan isn't necessarily good for the environment, while cutting down on red meat and some fish consumption is.

Because cow tits are fucking hot.

I'm trying

In what scenario is supporting meat products good for the enviornment. I can only think of maybe honey and oysters (and other filter feeders) being good for the enviornment.

Because I will eat everything in the world, one way or another.

I've heard some bad things about almonds and other vegan products in regards to the environment, but don't know much so that may be wrong.

I doubt any meat products are actually good for the environment, but I was pointing out the biggest offenders. Cows are worse than chicken. Sardines are better than Bluefin Tuna. That sort of thing.

Farmed mussels and oysters are better for the environment than plants. They don't have a central nervous system and their sensory and movement abilities are plant-tier. If you're a vegan but you won't eat them you're a crazy cultist.

I read that the gas from cows that are fed corn is really terrible for the environment, while cows that eat grass produce much less gas. Plus the meat from grass fed cows has a better Omega 3/6 ratio so it's healthier.

measuring `environmental health´ is impossible
not to mention finding out whatever is affecting it

whoever uses `veganism is good for the environment´ argument is a complete fucking retard

Grass seems like it would be more expensive and take up more ground area though.

You are too confident in your statements when you have no right to be. The amount of resources animals is staggering, there is no ecosystem in place, the entire process of growing animals for food on a scale any larger than that for a rather small community is completely unsustainable. Just because you don't know how to measure the effects certain actions have on the enviornment does not mean that no one else can and that it doesn't exist.

99.9% of plant products are better for the enviornment than any animal product. There are certain exceptions, the ones I know of I listed, but just because almonds might be "bad for the enviornment, compared to meat, it is still not even close.

Yeah, I can get behind those filter feeders. I also hear that a lot of insects have minimal environmental impact, but there isn't any way that modern western society will go from eating hamburgers to bugs.

Is it more expensive to become a vegan? My monthly budget is like 175 bucks tops

Because I raise my own meat animals.

Depends how you want to replace your meat products. If you want to replace your milk with almond milk, your meat with nuts, etc etc, you will be spending far more. But if you abuse how cheap and healthy legumes and grains are, and buy leafy greens to round out your meals, you will be spending far less for sure.

How do you replace milk with legumes?

Because if I could, I would hate your misbegotten kind to death.

Serious question, how much more does it end up costing you?

It's cheaper (B12 supplements are cheap), but you need to actually study nutrition. Meat covers for a lot of nutrient planning fuckups, and without that safety net you can't just guess and expect to stay healthy.

IMO, you shouldn't even be drinking anything but water.

No right to be confident? Meanwhile I don't see any sources for the bullshit you're spewing.

Generally the cows are rotated on different pastures so the grass has time to grow back.

Westhoek, Henk, et al. "Food choices, health and environment: effects of cutting Europe's meat and dairy intake." Global Environmental Change 26 (2014): 196-205.

> 99.9% of plant products are better for the enviornment than any animal product.

We can grow pigs, chickens and farmed fish off food waste though and then use the chicken manure to farm fish. Not all types of meat need have significant environmental impact in water rich environments.

Not that it matters, environmental impact is a bullshit argument. The best and only way to reduce human impact on the environment is to reduce the human population.

If there were only a couple 100 million of us it wouldn't matter what we ate. Once there are multiple 10s of billion people it won't matter what we eat either, it will be a shit show any way.

>we can grow animals on food waste
We don't though.
>fish farms on chicken manure
We don't though.
The majority of farming done is industrial farming, and the effects of those types of farming are horrendous for the enviornment. Even in your ideal world, food waste would be better used as compost for plants, which are far more efficient energy wise than animals are.
>reducing the amount of people is the solution
It doesn't address the underlying issue. That's like saying littering doesn't matter because if I was the only person littering, it wouldn't be bad.

Here's something to consider, you stupid fucking hippie.

African population has gone from 340 million to 1.2 billion in 60 years.
Chinese population has gone from 320 million to 1.3 billion in 60 years.
Indian population has gone from 300 million to 1.2 billion in 60 years.
Middle East population has increased 62% since 1990.
Worldwide white population has increased from 350 million to 600 million in the last 60 years.

Given that population growth and density are the primary drivers of agricultural ecological damage, why the fuck should white people have to go vegan?

It's not us that are fucking the planet with uncontrolled runaway population growth.

You know what would be better than whites going vegan? A massive Ebola outbreak in Africa and H1N1 in China and India taking out a couple of billion people.

the thing is, all the source he's got are going to be SHIT and absolutely biased

not to mention the fact that people who pay to have these researches/documentaries done, want to see a certain outcome
ie they're never going to be objective

not a single research is objective

It's 2016...... why haven't you learned to mind your own business?

Chao cheese by Field Roast is great, totally like cow cheese. Finally a legit replacement for pus-filled wood glue that gives you acne cancer.

Look at this vegan faggot. Where does he even get his protein??? Weak little bitch. No dick out for you, vegan ass Harambe hippie faggot.

> Even in your ideal world, food waste would be better used as compost for plants, which are far more efficient energy wise than animals are.

No, they do bugger all with the energy captured in food waste. It has to be composted before they can do anything with the nutrients.

> It doesn't address the underlying issue. That's like saying littering doesn't matter because if I was the only person littering, it wouldn't be bad.

If there was one immortal man it wouldn't be a problem. Even if the litter is completely non bio-degradable subduction would take care of it before it could pile up.

What the fuck does race has to do with any of this?

Us vs them narrative doesn't fix any of the issues either. At least you realize that eating meat has problems associated with it now.

Why are you acting like composting food waste is hard? It isn't.

That is ignoring the point that sustainability is the goal, not having a problem small enough that it is ignorable because it will be out of your life time before you have to deal with it.

he cant talk or write and he is very short

Whats wrong with a lil succ?

Because I believe it is our place as human beings with superior intelligence at the top of the food chain to be master of the animals and use them for whatever we will, including consumption.

The more people, the more pressure on the planet to produce food of all kinds.

Whites are the only race not reproducing irresponsibly quickly.

If you want to correct excessive demand on the environment to supply food, start where the problem is: too many fucking people.

You're asking 0.6 billion responsible people to restrict their diet to compensate for 4.5+ billion irresponsible breeders.

Remember that 'the white man's burden' is an inherently racist concept, and that its discriminatory and evil for white people to assume that niggers, chinks and pajeets can't work out their own problems.

There are about 1 billion white people in the world. The differences in raw numbers isn't that great between races, even if this was a competition.
Population growth may be faster in those countries but resource consumption per capita balances out that consideration as well.

YOOOOOO

Good luck ebola chan!

> If the world's population lived like the world we would need 1.6 worlds
Ok

I know you probably think to yourself that you are making "gotcha points," but you legit sound fucking retarded. Your selfish mentality is based on pointing to other people saying "those poor fucking niggers in Africa have 4 children so I should take up enough resources for 4 people." Grow the fuck up, this has nothing to do with white man's burden or anything else, it is about what you can do to reduce the negative impact that meat has on the enviornment.

I hope all of you get allahu akbar'd by Muslim immigrants while they rape you wives sisters and daughters in front of you you stupid fucking hippies.

Only intelligent post in this thread

>what is a strawman

Are you being wilfully stupid, or has dietary deficiency caused you to become diagnosably retarded?

I'm going to repeat it, and this time I'll try to make it as simple as possible for you.

If you want to reduce human-induced environmental damage, you need to reduce the number of humans.

Asking a global minority to radically change their traditional diet and abandon foods they've eaten for tens of thousands of years will not make a significant impact.

You are asking white people to radically change their lives to compensate for damage primarily being done by nonwhites.

It is racist and discriminatory to insist that only white people need to make this change. If it's a global problem, then it needs a global solution.

Why don't you go shitpost on a Chinese, African or Indian forum for a while and see how you go?

> Why are you acting like composting food waste is hard? It isn't.

My point is that animals can use the energy in food waste, the plants can't. The plants can only use the nutrients, they are not efficient in that respect.

There is nothing inherently unsustainable about meat farming. Yes, almost all current meat farming contributes to anti-biotic resistance ... which is unsustainable.

At the same time, the human waste loop is currently mostly open (ie. waste is burned or flushed into the ocean). All human agriculture is currently unsustainable in that respect.

They can both be made sustainable, at low enough population, with sufficient will. They can both be unsustainable at high enough population or without sufficient will.

The moral argument against meat eating is so much stronger than the sustainability argument.

>your own post is the intelligent post in the thread

Are you fucking retarded? I didn't realize that there is autismo support on the internet, but here you are, blathering away. Instead of changing the things you can change, you focus on things you have no impact on, so you clear yourself of any responsibility on the matter. Dump chemicals in a river near where you live? There are a lotta niggers in Africa you know. Factory farms polluting everything it touches? Have I told you about the chinks?

>Going full vegan isn't necessarily good for the environment

because i like food

It's the CURRENT YEAR.

Top kek, you're the one with the bizarre dietary rituals, comprehension problems and an inability to contain your internet temper tantrums when confronted with an alternate viewpoint.

Do you need a time out in the safe space to calm down, little soldier?

What is this trying to say

That we should live like India?

Yeah, because everyone knows living in a shithut in a third world country is a great solution to problems. They love it over there!

My point is that the food waste can decompose easily into energy that plants can use, so your point literally means nothing.

Sure, there isn't anything inherently unsustainable about meat farming. However, the demand for the meat cannot be sustained at all. Imagine if all 7 billion people demanded meat like the average person in a first world country. Thank god most of them are poor fucks that cannot afford meat, because that would literally kill the planet.

>lowering the population is the only answer
I'm not saying that slowing down population growth shouldn't be a goal, because it is, but you act like it will solve all of the world's problems. The way you use the argument is that all other solutions to the problem are pointless, because if you just do this one extremely hard to do thing, the problem would be small enough that you can ignore it. Might as well argue that the solution should just be to create more land or some shit.

Not even samefagging. Doesn't matter if you believe me or not nigger.

I’m a picky eater and all my favorite foods have meat AND dairy, and sometimes eggs too

I'm not the one crying about white rights in a fucking vegan thread on Veeky Forums

only intelligent post in this thread hehe xd

>yeah well you're a samefag ablobloobloo

VEGAN BTFO

rekt

>I'm not the one crying about white rights in a fucking vegan thread on Veeky Forums

Once again you utterly miss the point. Where did I mention 'white rights', you fucking spastic?

Your entire post is about lebensraum, you autist. Good job conceding the argument btw.

>samefag
only intelligent posts in this thread hehe xd

Do you want environmental protection or multiculturalism?

Yes they are mutually exclusive.

So you admit that you eating meat harms the enviornment?

>you can't recycle without being multicultural
>you can't pollute rivers and oceans without being multicultural
nice joke

No, I admit that overpopluation harms the environment.

And to be clear: there is at least one other user who agrees with me because your same-fag accusations are wrong

>a shitposter agrees with you
Damn, debate over you win.

Overpopulation exacerbates problems that exist already, meat farming is a problem that becomes more apparent due to so many people, like you, eating it.

So you're one of those people who automatically leap to accusations of racism to desperately deflect attention when their poorly considered opinions are blown out.

Go ahead, show me where I've mentioned white rights or lebensraum.

You're the fucking racist here, you cunt. You're telling a white audience that we need to restrict and radically alter our diet to save the planet, while simultaneously ignoring the impact of the 85-90% of the planet that isn't white.

Global problems require global solutions and until you take a more egalitarian view of the actions required, I cannot regard your position as anything other than illogical, emotive and poorly constructed.

> My point is that the food waste can decompose easily into energy that plants can use, so your point literally means nothing.

Nutrients != energy. If you feed the food/farm waste to pigs and chickens the animals extract energy and nutrients from it, if you feed it to plants they extract only nutrients from it (bacteria will have consumed the energy during composting).

> I'm not saying that slowing down population growth shouldn't be a goal, because it is, but you act like it will solve all of the world's problems.

At a large enough reduction the entire concept of problems disappears ;)

I actually think any kind of partial solution is meaningless, we are heading to apocalyptic changes in the world and any fucking around in the margins you might personally do won't matter a damn thing.

Also the way things are going I'm not terribly fond of future generations, I'm not prepared to sacrifice meat for a tiny possible improvement in their lives. Fuck em.

Because I don't have a vagina. Yet.

Because I don't care about livestock and animals are tasty.

Nope white people are obviously the problem. Niggers and chinks can never be criticized you shitlord racist.

If it walks like a duck, you know what they say. You can say you aren't racist all you want, but you crying about white rights and complaining about how there are a lot of niggers and chinks around shouts out racist.

Doing what you can is how you save the planet m8, not playing a game of chicken with the fate of the world out of spite for those niggers you hate.

Composting is still far more efficient. Nutrients aren't the bottle neck, water use and energy are.

Exactly, that's the equivalent of shooting census takers to fix population problems. That's not a solution to a problem, that's just putting your head in the sand.

Glad to see I was right to assume that you have a self-centered approach to life.

Kill yourself you stupid hippie.

Because plants can feel pain (scientifically proven) and I am not a species-bigot who values animals over plants.

I'm not exaggerating either. The world will be a better place if you are dead.

Nice argument, shit you convinced me.

Really though, could you be more childish after I fucked you in an argument? Don't be upset, we can cuddle.

>scientifically proven
Sources are missing m8
Pain is an evolutionary development exclusive to creatures that can move, so they can avoid pain. No point in developing pain if you can't move to avoid it.

Who do you think you fucked in an argument? That was my first post in this thread you fucking moron.

You read my post, couldn't contribute anything of value, resorted to the typical 11 year old response to kill myself. That's called getting fucked m8, you are free to call me daddy.

gizmodo.com/nice-try-vegans-plants-can-actually-hear-themselves-b-1599749162

It's unknown if they feel pain, but plants know they're being eaten. So why would I value animals higher than plants who know they're being eaten.

The true humanitarian wouldn't eat anything so neither plants or animals have to suffer from our greedy consumption. Would you like to try, you pig fucker?

> Glad to see I was right to assume that you have a self-centered approach to life.

Not self centred just not a global humanitarian, if my nation's population has to be displaced by ... then fuck it.

So your own source proves you wrong, and your stance remains unchanged.

If you think cutting off a branch is the same thing as cutting off a limb, then I can't help you there. You aren't coming into this thread with an open mind, so why are you here?

I shouldn't have to fucking argue with you. There ARE way more nigger and chinks fucking the earth you god damn ignorant cuck moron.

But no, >muh racism.

Fuck you and your politically correct bullshit. Again, I hope you die. For real. While your daughter gets raped by the sand niggers you think are so important.

You said you don't care about future generations, so even your own nation's children are just meh compared to your desire to eat meat. Stop acting patriotic, you are just self centered.