Non-americans of Veeky Forums what kind of food do you get from the 'American' section if anything at all?

Non-americans of Veeky Forums what kind of food do you get from the 'American' section if anything at all?

nothing, since I only buy fresh products... and I make my own ketchup from scratch..

you can't catch lightning in a bottle twice user

We all shared a moment in that thread. But we need to let go.

I try do buy local as much as I can but when it comes to sauces americans have some good ones.

You already made this thread recently?

Dang it, I don't come on Veeky Forums too often

>Tried
reese's cups
butterfinger
huy fong sriracha(yes its very hard to find here)

>Want to try
Skippy pb,compare it to the Dutch brands
Pop tarts
Twinkies(I know theyre bad though)

>Regularly buy
Tabasco
Louisiana red

Everyone should try a twinkie

They're not bad, probably bad for you but they taste good

>be OP
>omg my thread got replies XDD
>better make another one ;3

weird cans of sodas

You already made that post here

I've only made this post once

only american product i ever got from my local store is maple syrup

Well most things in an Australian supermarket are actually American or American owned! Thats why i prefer to go to a farmers market for most of my stuff, then various foreign shops for my other stuff.

What the fuck, no they don't. I'm an obese American and I eat a lot of shit, but Twinkies taste like air and regret.

>12.00
What kind of money is this and what's the exchange rate with the dollar? How many cans do you get for that much?

12 swedish crowns is about $1.40 for those cans

A regular can of coke is about 8 sek

I think you mean 8 kek.

Skippy is pretty lame PB. I'd opt for Jif if possible, although none will be as good as freshly made "natural" PB. Didn't expect the Dutch to have their own brands of PB.

Poptarts are god tier lad, try them out of the box or hot (in toaster) or chill em in the freezer for 15 minutes.

The most American thing that I would want if I were living in a foreign land would be Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce desu.

>katchup from scratch
Hipster faggot

Skippy pb is gross shit they make for 7 yearolds. Don't bother. Pop tarts and twinkies will make you feel like you're dying but are pretty good.

not from any "american section but there was this "American Flavored Coffee" with full on american flag and this picture of a king of some sort, never drank it but i thought it was funny

peanut butter cups

i really like peanut butter m&ms
i don't buy them often though

do americans actually believe that the rest of the world has a special 'american' section in their local supermarkets?

lel. that's pretty sad to be desu.

Different types of hot sauces and marinades mostly. You guys know how to prepare meat.

Also: mapple syrup.

It has been a thing for a few years.

t. Finland

That's how we got beef jerky, I believe. First in the american section in some places and now everywhere.

Not seen this over here.
I doubt it would catch on.

Twinkies taste like chemicals I don't know any other way to describe it. Most other heavily processed foods taste the same way. It's funny I used to like some of this crap when I was a kid but it's foul to me now.

loads of big supermarkets have aisles for foreign products, such american products

what kind of shithole do you live in?

>international
>american

you can't see the difference?

My mum got a twinkie as a novelty from her work because they make some e-numbers for it and it tasted... bizarre. Like, it had that awful fake cream flavour, really sweet and it was salty somehow? Worse than any other supermarket caje I've had... I wasn't expecting the salt. American bread is weirdly sweet too.

The Jack Links beef jerky is pretty good, haven't tried anything else as I don't have much of a sweet tooth and most of it looks sweet.

Tried the Hershey stuff that people get so autistic about, just tasted like chocolate. Don't see the issue with it, but don't see why you would buy it over the normal offerings either.

Every American confectionary I have tried has been sub-par and extremely disappointing

Except peanut butter cups, those are nice

>huy fong sriracha
It's not just in the American section for convenience sake, Huy Fong is an American company that uses American ingredients and sells primarily to American consumers.

I get the Snyders pieces sometimes (except the cheese one) but that's it.

I'm considering buying a Hershey bar as a joke gift for someone who likes to bore everyone by talking about how American chocolate is bad.

International sections are divided into smaller sections like a library. Jewish foods are usually grouped with other Jewish foods, Mexican foods with other Mexican foods, Asian foods with other Asian foods, etc. It's not unreasonable to assume that many markets have a cluster of indentifiably American products which you could call an American section. Even if that selection is half a shelf long with just poptarts and peanutbutter that would still qualify as a 'section'.

Up until they started selling them like normal chips, Doritos.

They're not made to be good, they're made to appease massive groups of braindead fatties. Never seen a healthy person in this country buy any of it, sorry for it's existence.

I was born in the US and spent my summers there, but I grew up and live in France. So I'll sometimes get a soda, mostly Dr Pepper, and maple syrup, if it's sometimes cheaper than the local options. Or I might buy something I haven't seen in the stores here before and I want to show my friends but I haven't previously had the chance to bring some back from a trip to the US.

PB is growing in Europe.

After the USA we are supposedly the 2nd biggest consumer of pb(per person ofc)

Everyone knows the brand "Calve" here.

>Pop tarts and twinkies will make you feel like you're dying but are pretty good.
Wut?kek

Oh yeh forgot about sodas
Of course we've had USA brand sodas,but now also tried the newly imported ones

>Big red
Sucks shit
>Hawaiian punch
Sucks shit
>Mtn Dew
Sucks shit,but boy did I feel meme-ish while drinking it,even bought doritos for that occasion
>A&W rootbeer
Bretty damn good,we dont got no rootbeer here it was a nice new experience.
Everyone else says it tastes like medicine or soap somehow...

skippy is shit, jif is better, and calve is good, just less sweet than either. you can get skippy at makro and a number of tokos though if you really want to try it.
pop tarts are dry as fuck kid food, but if you can find the brown sugar cinnamon ones they aren't bad.

fuck most of that shelf, but the hanson's is goat soda

I've bought cherry and vanilla coke. I also once bought a drink called "Bob Marley's Mellow Mood". Once bought some American chocolate but it tasted awful, and what I have heard from other Europeans American chocolate is pretty bad.

They replaced the America self in my local store with a Russia self.

I try various things. Twinkies have been on my list since Ghostbusters and they are an abomination. Reicies Peanutbutter Cups are nice. Grape Drink is meh. 3 Musketeers is just a Milkyway and the Milkyway is just a Mars bar.

Those Snyders pretzel pieces are like swallowing gods spunk.

>talking shit about Big Red

I'll fuckin' fight you, matey.

Is this why jerky is so expensive here? Finn's started importing all of it?

It's expensive here too. Like 5€ for an itty bitty bag. it's good though.

I'm saying that the jerky has migrated off from the "Yankee aisle" and next to beer aisle, along with salt sticks, mini salamis and things like that.

Non-third world countries have international sections containing products from around the globe.

Just how fucking stupid are you?

Some snack, but no real cooking ingredients.

>Tried
Poptarts, Lucky Charms, Reeces Cups, Butterfinger
I've tried these all probably once each, they were all super sweet, delicious

>Want to try
Twinkies, Marshmallow Fluff, more Reeces shit and more sugar cereals

Yeah I'm a big faggot that likes sweets

>International sections are divided into smaller sections like a library.
True

>Jewish foods are usually grouped with other Jewish foods, Mexican foods with other Mexican foods, Asian foods with other Asian foods, etc.
I'm in Australia and I've never seen a special Jewish or Mexican section. Or an American section for that matter.
I see Mediteranean, Middle Eastern, Indian, and a few different Asians (Vietnamese, Mongolian, etc). all in the International isle. Granted, I very rarely walk down that isle but I'm sure I've never seen anything like an American section.

Things that you might consider as American like peanut butter and such are just in the regular designated isles. Nothing stands out as being specifically American, and anything that might would be made locally. Like peanut butter. There's no reason to import peanut butter from as far as away as America.
There's salsa dip in the snacks isle but it's not labeled as Mexican food.

Sorry.

I mean austraila is more in line with us food wise, as we eat similar shit. An american section is probably more common in Continental Europe, rather than in the Anglosphere

Do you hate America or something?

But its soooo bland and sugary

>what kind of food do you get from the 'American' section if anything at all?
There isn't one.

Wanna get naked and wrestle it out?

Yeah, fair enough.

>bland and sugary
does not compute.

also, i kind of miss pulling your strings on /n/.
what i think you need is two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese picked onions and a flat bar road bike.

What shithole do you live in?

Most UK supermarkets contain an American section.

I made the mistake of buying one of these once. I figured that since i like cheese sauces and stuff, this would be pretty much up my alley.

Nope. False assumption.

It was disgusting. I ate as much as i could, but failed to finish it.

That jamaican ginger beer/ale is the only product I would like in here. Otherwise I stay away from the US section.

I wouldn't regularly buy anything, but I do love White Fudge Flipz and have bought them occasionally (once or twice a year)

I'm not ashamed to admit that I've bought Kraft Macaroni & Cheese before as well. It might not taste like real mac & cheese should, but that's the point, it has it's own unique taste that's just delicious.

>what do you get
Diabetes

Who wouldn't for processed foods - bloody corn syrup in everything

>american section
Never heard of such a thing.

As an american I'm really surprised by the lack of peanut butter in other countries

It's your meme, just like baseball and handegg.

Jerky, rather dried dehydrated meats in general, are pretty expensive due to the time factor and quantity of meat required to produce something that is to become less than 50% of original weight.

>quantity of meat required to produce something that is to become less than 50% of original weight.

This. Meat is more than 70% water. Thus it takes several pounds of meat to make only one pound of jerky.

...and I'm sure that it's getting a hefty markup for being a specialty imported food too

what?

American sports, user. Nobody else plays them for the most part. That's why they're your memes, while the rest of the world doesn't care. Except for basketball.

American here. I've never even heard of "handegg".

You're in denial. Maybe google will help you.

Don't worry, it's just another non american inferiority complex

When I lived in Germany I brought some german friends on base to go to the commissary and the only thing they wanted was peanut butter, oreos and turkey. We went to taco bell afterwards and they had no idea what any of the food was so I had to order for them.

>huy fong sriracha
everybody says it's overrated, but I have to keep it in my fridge because it goes well with so much stuff
but apparently the SEA brands are less spicy and more flavorful

also tobasco has several varieties and the chipotle smoked one is GOAT

>grapefruit soda

sounds good

That's not true at all you idiot. You are truely an idiot

Coles and Woolworths are ASX listed companies and Aldi is German

The only thing I buy out of the american sections is root beer

Peanut butter and maple syrup (there is no dedicated Canadian shelf).

I still don't know why they fill up the American section with candy, drinks, and pop.

I still don't understand why an "american section" exists in the first place. Where do you even live?

Probably not in America? I don't live in Asia, and my grocery store has an Asian section.

Pancake mix for when I'm too high to actually make some, DrPepper to mix with shitty whiskey.

On that note, what kind of "international" sections do non-Americans have in their supermarkets?

In New England we generally have Asian, Mexican, and UK/Irish, or UK/European. Sometimes an "Italian" section will also be labeled near the international section, but it's mostly American food used in Italian American food, not international imports.

I live in europe and my grocery store doesn't have any continent or country sections.

That's unfortunate. Maybe you should file a complaint.

Why is it unfortunate?

It varies by what ethnicities you have around you and where those ethnicities are willing and able to shop.

I live in a highly multiethnic area.
Two of the four chain supermarkets here have nice ethnic sections (the other two have Old El Paso taco kits and Maruchan ramen in their 'international' section, no joke).
Of the good two, one carries a lot of Caribbean, Maghrebi, West African and Indonesian goods along with Mexican stuff. The other carries Turkish, Israeli/Palestinian, 'Jewish' (though it's all Ashkenazi and all American) and Mexican stuff.
The Walmart quite a ways away carries a number of Indian/Pakistani imports as well as Indonesian things.
Another chain supermarket just 15 minutes away has an ENORMOUS Polish section and a smaller one catering specifically to Haitians.

No supermarket here carries anything Western European, which gives me quite the sad.

Despite having a huge Southeast Asian population, SEAs other than Indonesians don't shop at chain supermarkets here for some reason, so they don't carry anything for them.

>poptarts are godtier
I imported a 16-pack of chocolate chip ones.
It tasted of cheap nutella, slightly sour pastry and cheap.

From the regular section, mainly pop tarts and those fudge covered white pretzel things

If my friend is importing for his shop n offering me at cost I get Oreo creme brownies (grossly sickening but man I love em) peanut butter m&ms and mint oreos

You miss out on the foods of other cultures.

More like the cheap junk ingredients from around the world, like peanut butter.

This, Hansen's soda is great, if you can find it I'd recommend giving it a try.

Peanut butter is amazing

What was that story about the fox and the peanut butter..

tabasco chocolate is ok for something to nibble on intermittently

the jalapeno pretzel pieces i like to save for those 7/10 getting pretty high sessions

>Hansen
I thought they were 3 blonde girls :3