Another important point: why would CW claim he's Satoshi, unless he's absolutely sure Satoshi can't speak against him?

Another important point: why would CW claim he's Satoshi, unless he's absolutely sure Satoshi can't speak against him?
CW is convinced there's no Satoshi out there that can supply cryptographic proof to the internet that says "CW: you're lying. I'm not you".
It's because the keys are held up in the trust, or dead with Kleiman.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.wizsec.jp/2018/02/kleiman-v-craig-wright-bitcoins.html)
vu.hn/bitcoin origins.html#they-no-longer-listen-to-me)
vu.hn
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Craig is either Satoshi or the Mt. Gox thief/launderer. Its one of the two. Either the addresses he was given were fake to cover his tracks and he has the original Bitcoin in the original Satoshi wallets, or if WizSec was right about most of the wallet's in Craig's documents being old Mt. Gox addresses then he could be laundering those funds. If Craig is the Mt. Gox thief it is still possible Craig was a part of the Satoshi team, but the number two to Dave Kleiman's number one role. Who knows the truth. What I know is that Craig's Trust should either prove he is Satoshi, or he has the Mt. Gox stolen funds, and either way the resolution of this should be huge.

He knows that satoshi is dead.

Perhaps he claimed he was Satoshi precisely to provoke the real Satoshi to speak up. If this happened he could claim it was his plan all along.

He is Satoshi you dumb bizfags. He got his cover blown and now to save face he goes over the top and says "I'M SATOSHI" to piss everyone off in the space so they immediately think he's not. He is Satoshi, any magician and trickster can see the genius hand he is playing. Out in the open, everyone denies him and he can continue his work.

"Satoshi" is a codename, you dunce. It's not a person.

Hal Finney is Satoshi. That asian guy who everyone thought was Satoshi actually lived down the street from Hal. He knew he was on the way out and wanted to change the world before he went. This also explains why Satoshis coins have never been touched.

Another point to add: Hal Finney was the recipient of the very first Bitcoin transaction from Satoshi. Perhaps this was a way to publicly get on board with the project without revealing himself as the creator

Is no one else even going to comment that he may be holding onto stolen Mt. Gox funds? I mean there were like 850k Bitcoin stolen and the addresses Craig claims to hold onto overlap with Mt. Gox funds? Why is no one talking about this? This is potentially crypto's biggest event.

Hal Finney came up with the name, yes. And he received the first btc transaction which would confirm he is satoshi. But he cashed out his mined coins at 100$ and never moved satoshicoins, nor his family.
Kleiman was very good at protecting his shit so when they found him dead they got an USB drive that no one can decrypt. Maybe both of them are satoshi but Kleiman had the keys.

IMO based on his actions and personality CW seems like a narcissistic psychopath. Kleiman was known as being a research genius, whereas CW is not. IMO, he spills the beans in this (very very well written) article by Andrew O'Hagan. It's interesting to note email correspondance suggests he met with dave kleiman in person at least 5 months prior to kleiman's death from MRSA

He's not Satoshi, you'd have to be really gullible to think he is.

forgot photo

Did he moved stolen mtgox recently?

Go to stackexchange where they discuss bitcoin's original source code before spewing that bullshit.

Post link

Satoshi is dead.

Cool. Move 1 btc rom the genesis block then.

if any of this hullabaloo were true wouldn't there be a negative reaction by the market? i mean if this were actually controversial. would wallstreet or the winkelvoss twins have moved into bitcoin if they didn't now who satoshi is?

Craig Wright is the greatest LARPer of all time

It's only fitting that this board, with its propensity to fall for obvious LARPs, would believe him.

The only people who know for sure who Satoshi is are the NSA.

To add ANOTHER point: Hal Finney developed the very first reusable proof of work software in 2004. This was the precursor to the POW bitcoin uses. Coincidence?

If i had a gun with 2 bullets in a room with bin laden, obama, and hal finneys dead body id shoot hal finneys corpse twice

The Mt. Gox have been moving for some time now, but we already know Alexander Vinnik and BTC-E were teh vehicle to launder the funds. Craig claims to have held an amount similiar to have been laundered through BTC-E (1.1 Million BTC). In this article released by WizSec the addresses Craig claims to have control of are for the most part Mt. Gox addresses. So if Craig has control of wallets now that have Bitcoin whose history trace back to Mt. Gox wallets then we know he isn't Satoshi as we know where Satoshi's funds are. But that leaves the question, why would Craig claim he is Satoshi if his funds trace back to Mt. Gox and BTC-E? He would do that if the source of his funds were nefarious. It sounds like Craig could be in on the Mt. Gox theft. This is potentially massive. (blog.wizsec.jp/2018/02/kleiman-v-craig-wright-bitcoins.html)

Craig didn't claim he had access to the mtgox stolen wallets. Kleimans' family did.

firstly, the 50 bitcoins generated in the genesis block cannot be moved. Secondly, (pic related) is why satoshi coins have not and will not be moved before 2020.

I don't get it

Claims that the NSA created Bitcoin have actually been flung around for years. People have questioned why it uses SHA-256 hash function, which was designed by the NSA and published by the NIST (National Institute of Standards). Note this post on NIST website and makes you wonder whats up

the coins that dave and craig mined in the beginning are locked in a multi-sig wallet with a number of key holders. A legal trust controls them "legally" speaking, but craig or other trust holders might be able to access some or all of the entrusted bitcoins. However it would be in violation of the trust, and so if craig moved any bitcoins from early blocks then he could lose legal rights to the stash. Perhaps he could just do it anyway and disappear but he clearly is sticking around wanting and trying to improve bitcoin for the long term world wide adoption as trustless cash. Everyone knows where he is, he isn't hiding anything.

Craig needed bitcoin to enable trustless internet gambling payments. He was balls deep in internet gambling since the early days. He got his buddy Dave to help him with the project, and probably Hal and at least one other guy (this one - vu.hn/bitcoin origins.html#they-no-longer-listen-to-me)

You'd have to be really gullible to think he isn't satoshi

>vu.hn
speaking of this guy, check his reddit. only posts pro-BCH things. CSW is obviously practically backing BCH with the satoshi bankroll funding nChain and its patents. The other early adopters like Calvin Ayre, Roger Ver, Jihan Wu etc. are not going to give up on the true vision of Bitcoin