Mushrooms

What are your favourite mushrooms to eat and where do you get them?

pic related, I've only had them once. Was doing some yard work for a guy a couple years ago and his wife picked these for me near their place. Best mushrooms I've ever had.

From rural Ontario btw.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypsizygus_tessellatus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They all pretty much taste the same desu

This is not true. And equally as important, their texture is not the same.

Nah, they taste the same.

Thoes are dry land fish

Sounds like she wanted your mushroom.

Morel of the story, should've fucked that B.

How do I get magic mushrooms

These are some of my favorite shrooms. I forage for them in several locations around town.

I also really enjoy this, but it is considerably more rare to find here. It really does taste similar to chicken.

jeez dude clean the stem before you put them in your basket.

Jeez dude. Like, I forage and harvest them, and then, like, clean them up before I eat or sell them. Folks around here dig them, dude.

Is this batch, like, more suited to your standards brah?

How about these, broski?

Morel master race

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypsizygus_tessellatus

Pretty cheap and crunchy.

Where in Ontario? I've been all around the regions west of Toronto and also Algonquin but have never noticed these before.

Can I forage mushrooms anywhere around Ottawa or Toronto?

recently saw a massive dryads saddle on a stump near my house. didn't want to pick it though, thought it would be too much to eat especially since i tire of foods quickly

Morels as well, but a different kind. (Pic related)
But I also love trumpet and cep.

Everyone knows you clean them BEFORE they go in your basket. Only retards spend time cleaning dirt from the gills because they were too stupid to keep things clean while collecting.

What species is in the foreground? That looks a lot like Hygrocybe.

Came to post this, except it's almost exclusively pine forest around my current location.

You going to eat all those by yourself? That won't leave mushroom for anything else.

those red ones just a different sort of Chanterelle?

I used them in risotto. If I don't eat all of what I forage, I'll sell the excess to a local restaurant for $15/lb.

Cinnabar chanterelle (Cantharellus cinnabarinus)

I'll tell you what, you keep correcting my foraging technique and I'll keep making money from foraging them. Thanks for your concern though.

Are any deadly, toxic mushrooms delicious?

Giant puffballs started popping up on a bunch of lawns in my neighbourhood. A day or two after it rains I collect them all in the middle of the night and have puffball grilled cheese every day, its pretty good shit.

I wouldn't know.

As long as you don't swallow you're okay so go find out.

Some of them actually are which is why mushroom poisoning isn't all that uncommon. Someone should tell mushrooms that poison tastes bitter, not delicious

Algonquin is god tier for fungi.

Shut the fuck up dude

>shopping for a car
>salesman is trying his best, bla bla bla
>spot a morel growing in the gravel on the lot
>stop listening and stare at it for a moment
>this can't be happening
>point at it and interrupt him
>is that a morel, dude?
>a what?
>walk around the lot silently picking morels that are just growing out of the gravel in a dealership lot
>salesman following me saying "sir?" every so often
>completely ignoring him, silent the entire time
>leave with a makeshift tshirt-sack full of morels
Best day of my life.

So you wasted his time and stole food from his property? Have you no morels?

Nearly woke up my sleeping bf from laughing at this

holy shit lmfao

Order a spore kit online and grow them.

I used to collect and process various wild mushrooms and sell them in an upscale farmer's market. It was more of a way to satisfy my urge to collect and make a bit of money on the side, but soon become pretty profitable (as profitable as it could get with one person behind it). I started selling ground chaga near the end, that was the big money maker.

Wild mushrooms sell themselves. That said, I had good packaging and sales charm. Also, I would never sell mushrooms with dirt on them or put dirty mushrooms in my baskets while collecting. It makes no sense.

jesus user, if ur in mushroom territory, ur in for a treat. visit farmer's markets for the various kinds, hit up the nearest chinatown for more asian varieties.

My fave? King oyster, sliced vert, thin, fried in a pan lightly coated in porkbelly fat. Sprinkle a bit of salt on top. Die of foodgasm. Wake up for more.

i would pay good money for your mushrooms, user. i've only been able to forage and eat wood ears around these parts.

Would you like a medal, or a chest to pin it on?

OK. I'll make a proposition. You come down to Mississippi and work under the conditions I do to collect shrooms. By all means demonstrate the importance and sense of cleaning in the field while working in 90+ degree weather, 90%+ humidity, and swarms of blood-feeding insects. Especially when I can quickly harvest and do my cleaning indoors. I'll come and work where you have collected. Then we can talk about what makes sense and what doesn't. Deal?

Post boipucc pls

I don't forage or even eat mushrooms but I'm curious now: What the fuck is the difference between cleaning them when you pick them and cleaning them later on at home?

Moron exposed.

I live in nw Oregon and pick chanterelles every year. Azurescens too. They even have truffles here.

That shit looks freaky.

It's pretty basic but the best mushrooms I've had were fresh golden oak shiitakes sauteed with garlic. They carry such a strong flavor. I love the texture of maiitakes. Morels are also great, but I don't think I cooked them very well the last time I had them.

I know puffballs aren't super flavorful but I imagine it's satisfying it is to just bite into a massive slice of one. Some must-tries for me are candy caps and chicken of the woods.

Absolutely nothing except the fact that one entails having a holier than thou attitude.

>tfw you have seen weird mushrooms growing in random patches of grass in the last year or so in your town and you wonder how they managed to get there, and what they taste like

Fortunately I know better than to eat random wild mushrooms. But the curiosity is there for sure.

I saw this on /r/Veeky Forums

Are Destroying Angel mushrooms edible?

Norway reporting in.

Other than champignon, I only eat what I find in the forest. Sweet tooth is easily my favourite, followed by chanterelle. I'll make some delicious mushroom cream sauce every fall.

I also pick a lot of funnel chanterelle so I can dry it and use it all year. People keep showing pictures of similar looking deadly mushrooms growing in the same cluster as them, but only a dumbass can't see or feel the difference.

No they are right up there with death caps, throw it away.

Literally called destroying angel

BTW wash your hands too if you weren't wearing gloves it can absorb through skin

The other user says he cleans them afterwards before eating or selling so what's the problem?

I don't see the point in cleaning dirt off while you're out in the heat.

Wow, someone with reading comprehension. Imagine that!

>I don't see the point in cleaning dirt off while you're out in the heat.

It's less work overall to clean them as you pick them than it is to clean them all at once after more dirt has fallen onto the mushrooms.

But yeah, as long as they're being cleaned at some point what's the issue?

That looks like a false morel to me. Does it have a hollow stalk?

That's a beefsteak

That's mildly poisonous.

This looks horrible and delicious at the same time, like tripe or pork scratchings with hair still on them

I have an unmotivated aversion for shrooms served as a meal (although I really like to forage for them), but I find that morel and truffle give some yummy to pretty much anything.

i am very surprised that this is legal in the uk, but apparently it is

I would kill to have that selection in my shops

post dirty boy feet pls

I've never seen jar mushrooms let alone jar mushrooms called "trumpets of death"

Lion's Mane are some of my favorite. Saute them in butter with a bit of fresh rosemary and they are delicious.

Oysters take a close second for me.

I hope you're joking.

>Saute them in butter with a bit of fresh rosemary and they are delicious.
This can be said for just about everything.

I hope you're a gay man. If you're a woman, you know the rules. Tits or GTFO.

I live in Washington, where I assume finding mushrooms would be somewhat easy. I've sorta wanted to get into it, but I have no idea where to start and fear picking a bunch of mushrooms that will kill me or something. Can any one recommend some reading material on the subject of harvesting wild mushrooms.

this is a sfw board

Shittake mushrooms for meals

Candy cap is great for desert, candy cap ice cream is god tier