Is there any reason to read this?

Is there any reason to read this?

Not really.

So you can form your own opinions and stop being a co-dependent pleb.

i don't know, maybe if you want to read the life of pi there's a reason.

It's a fun read

I went to Trent and still have no desire to read it. It seems like one if those utterly banal novels, like the alchemist.

lol trent

The whole book is taking place on a boat. It's boring as fuck. The argument in the book that supposedly will make you a believer is the most retarded shit i've read.

Its better than the film. The film is termite art. The book is full of ambiguity and adventure. The algae island is incredibly well written.

Go for it definitely.

Yeah it's shit

>society was a mistake

It's a damn fine read, one that makes an atheist's argument for religion, a real demonstration of faith and worship.

And the boat is on the ocean, the ocean a part of the world, and the world a part of even something much greater than that.

Like shoveling shit into your mouth? Go for it.

Apparently it's plagiarized from something else.

I read one of this guy's short stories. It was my least favourite thing I've ever read, except Spook Country.

I liked it
Veeky Forums needs to realize that some books can be simpler reads and still have messages

is there any reason to do anything, really?

amen

Catcher in the rye is simple, yet great. Martel's sledgehammer didacticism is counterproductive and tedius.

wut

The narrator's revelation of the animals' symbolism in the end is classic telling, not showing. It's bad writing plain and simple.

lol gay boook XD XD XD

My mom loves that book.

She also loves my cock in her milky asshole.

My cousin John Grene loves this book. So many feels and 3rd world ken.

Rude, tbqhwyfam.

So you can understand how to get onto a bestseller list writing pseudo-deep YA fiction for people who think they're too smart to be religious but are too arrogant to make peace with the idea of there not being something big that cares about them.

easily the greatest best book ever wroten. if you read it you believe in god, whether you believe in god or not.

"Winner of the Man Booker Prize" sounds like the kind of thing someone would invent to put on their resume in a bad comedy.

My Uncle Giovanni Verde said it was really deep, especially the part where he said all religions were the same so he practiced all of them.

read it when I was younger and enjoyed it. not sure how i'd feel about it now

i enjoyed it. asides from how you feel about the ending/meaning i very much enjoyed the practical survival aspects. it balanced a fantastical situation with pragmatic solutions well for me and was a lot of fun

All the practical survival aspects are visited in a more interesting way (plus a lot more) in Kon Tiki. You'll probably like it if you enjoyed what little survival stuff was in Life of Pi.