Going to pic related, what should i eat?

Going to pic related, what should i eat?

there is going to be a lot of street food and i will obviously be eating a lot of that but what else should i eat that i cant get at most places?

Tavolo 24 at J.W. Marriott Seoul Dongdaemun if you can afford it.

dog

dog
fried silkworms
those sea slugs that look like dicks

kimchee

just looked it up, looks awesome

Hijjak the plane and keep flying farther away from that inferior country until you reach best Korea

Bring moist towelettes. You'll need them for your anus after eating rotten, spicy food.

Diarrhoea medicine and instant soup

the street food is mostly shit. can't go too wrong with skewers I suppose.

it is hard to find good korean food in seoul. too many western restaurants. normally when I travel I just wander around and go into places that look interesting but that didn't work there. I had to look up places - do that and you will find some good food. I had probably the best dumplings I have ever had in insadong. pyongyang style cold noodles delicious and refreshing. find a good noodle place - the best ones only do 2 different styles max - and the broth is as good as anywhere in asia.

do some research. time out was very handy.

thanks a lot! ill definitely do some researching before i go

will do, any good brands?

Bukchon Son Mandu is the dumpling place. I had to queue for about 40 minutes but it really was worth it. I went there twice.

some of the korean fusion places looked interesting but I was only there for a week and didn't want to waste my appetite on western style food. kimchi tacos etc.

Korean pussy. Get a prostitute.

Also, some warnings:

1. Koreans have a different view of personal space. They all bump into each other constantly and nobody really cares.

2. Older people are like gods to them. Given that, some/most older people act like entitled cunts and will see nothing wrong with cutting in line in front of you.

>dog
I love dogs and have owned them ever since I was 4 years old, but even I'm curious as to what they taste like.

BULDAK
JJAJANGMYEON
DDEOKBOKKI
DDEOKGUK

The golden arches of civilization shine in even the darkest of nations

>Darkest of Nations
>South Korea
Wut?

This

Also, beware the smell in the am.

Asian pussy is so good I got married over there. They're extremely clingy but super horney. Best wife imo.

I imagine it's pretty dark under all those North Korean missiles

I thought they had made it illegal and it was only still going on in an underground capacity?

>Also, beware the smell in the am.

I don't understand

>cold noodle

Don't fall for the Woo Rae Ok meme.

They're expensive as fuck and not anywhere as good as people say they are.

Find some other places. For example, Eul Meel Dae in Mapo is superior.

Traditional corean cuisine of course.

From cheapest to most expensive, 1 being the cheapest, 5 being 5 star hotel buffet

1: Triangular kimbop at the Family Marts(like 7/11) or any of the numerous instant ramens. They have hot water that you can cook these with and little tables where you can eat em. If you look not Asian and you're doing this, people will stare at you, intrigued at the foreigner partaking in this poorfag activity. They will point, or if they're nice, start talking to you in English.

김밥천국, or kimbop cheon-gook(lol), which translates into roll heaven. They sell california roll esque stuff, which come in veggie, beef and tuna salad varieties.

분식점 or boon-shik jum. Means 'flour-based restaurant'. Cheap noodles, tempura-fried ANYTHING (veggies, boiled eggs, calamari, octopus, stuffed peppers, kimbop, etc), and tteokbokki (rice cake in pepper paste). These places are usually street stands.

2: Korean Fried Chicken
Served with Neck. Come in plain, sweet/spicy pepper, and sweet soy sauce glaze. Always includes neck. Comes with cubes of pickled daikon. They ALWAYS deliver. Did I mention they also deliver beer? Oh yeah bitch. Also, you'll find coupon books laying at the 1st floor entrance of most apartments, so grab these suckers.

Pizza. Nothing like what you've had. If you're missing home, go to a Costco and everything will be familiar. If you're adventurous, try whatever is being advertised-which will look a lot like a bunch of shit on a pie.

continued:

What the fuck

continued:

2: Any sort of 'Korean Diner' or 'Bap Jib' (밥집)
These places serve traditional Korean cuisine, come with banchan (little side dishes) that are virtually unlimited as long as you can finish it. Serve everything from grilled fish to a variety of 'hangover soups' or 'hae jang gook', which have hearty broth. Go for the one with pollack.

3: Korean BBQ (pork)
Most will have sliced loin or porkbelly as a staple. You can identify these with the large pictures of pigs eating themselves. These places have grills in the center of the table where you cook the meat yourself. Also comes with banchan. Order soju, and let others pour for you.

4: 일식, or Japanese Food
These places usually don't serve sushi, but serve sashimi as a part of a course menu. The Korean version of this would be a 회집, or Hoe(hweh) jib, which means 'raw fish house'. They will serve 'maeuntang' or spicy fish broth soup with the parts left over from making the sashimi you ate as a finale for the course.

Korean BBQ (beef)
pricier than pork. If it's 'domestic beef', it may break your wallet, especially for 'Murican portions.Get americuck or aussie beef, it'll be cheaper.

5: Anything in a hotel. I recommend the buffet at Paradise Hotel in Haeundae, Busan. I think it's called Escoffier's. 5 stars, and a great view of the beach.

d'Mari's is a lot larger, but also a very nice buffet.

It's bait bruh. The poop illustrations are from a fucking children's book that came out in the early 2000's. They think poop is funny in general.

And the army photos are leaked hazing photos.

Take the shit here with a grain of salt, friendo, or just take the time to look shit up.

Hazing?

You know even without this image ive always thought (south) koreans had a weird obsession with poo

looks like someone spent a month abroad and thinks they're an expert on Ktown

Yeah I agree. I'm working towards becoming an English teacher so I can teach English as a second language there, and all of my anti-Asian and 'Murrika Fuck Yeah friends have been bombarding me with videos and articles about how they're obsessed with poo-wine and there are museums dedicated to poo and all of this nonsense as if something that is completely voluntary is going to sway me from my career choice. It's not like you get off the plane in South Korea and they force you to visit the poo museum and make you chug a bottle of poo wine. Poo wine is an ancient and dead practice anyways. If you ask any Korean about it they'd either shrug it off because it's irrelevant, or don't even know about it. Like if you ask an American or British person about netty pots.

roofgeneral here, tricked into trying in middle school, when i owned a few. kinda tastes like beef or veal. dark meat. it was in a spicy soup so it absorbed the gochujang flavor.

natives will only encourage you to drink. they'll mostly be cautious about having you try traditional/spicy/weird stuff to begin with, they're not idiots. You'll just seem super alpha if you can handle really spicy shit, hold down your soju, and eat sannakji(which is pricey to begin with)

op here, thanks a lot man im going to screen cap these posts and take them with me when i go. i really havent done much research about what im going to eat when im there so this was very helpful

I kinda wanna try this. Watermelon spicy cold noodles.

wow that looks good, ill have to try and find some of that over there

kimchi
also prepare your bowels and hope for the best

>working towards becoming an English teacher in korea

being an english teacher in korea is something you fall back on, not work towards

Conscription + a society that runs hard on social stratification = officers and fellow soldiers Guantanamoing each other for a year and three quarters.
They've only started cracking down on it like five years or so ago.