Hey Veeky Forums...

hey Veeky Forums. everytime i try to make hamburgers at home i end up with shitty burgers with no color because so much grease cooks out of the meat that it's just cooking in liquid rather than getting seared and charred. Am I just using shitty ground beef? Thanks.

You're skillet isn't hot enough before you drop the patty in it.

high heat means high heat not medium heat because you want to go watch criminal minds while it cooks slowly.

That's probably it. shitty induction stove i haven't had the money to replace yet. guess i'll just let it heat for longer.

grill

This ^^

Get pan hotter than usual as meat will take a lot of heat out of it when it goes in

Also get kitchen towel to absorb some of the grease

Just throw it in the microwave on High for a while and it'll be good.

I put it on a grill inside my oven. Ovens usually have the option for it I think, the heat comes from above the meat instead of from below but it's very close in regards to taste. Just make sure you put a platter below the meat to catch the falling fat so it doesn't make a huge mess of everything. You have to keep the oven open while it's grilling too.

In case it wasn't clear, I'm talking about this thing.

or use a griddle pan

What the fuck that's a broiler you moron. Not a grill

Try googling either and tell me which one gets more pic results like that :^)

it is an overhead grill

Whatever you want to call the thing on top, the meat is still on the grill. You don't actually flip the oven upside down and put it on the glowing wire, if that wasn't clear.

If a lot of fat in the pan is preventing it from cooking like you wish, probably the pan is not hot enough.

If you don't want a lot of fat rendered, then you should pay attention to the % fat of your meat. Flavorwise, 15% is okay, but you're going to lose some fat, and if it's dripping onto some coals and you don't care, then that's the cut for you. Take it another step up 10%, even 7%, and see what you like best. A juicy burger has moisture as well as fat as the juices. So, if you overcook leaner meat, you might think it's drier. So, more pro status needed to do a leaner burger.

All in all you can do something to the thickness to change it up how you want the final juiciness for your % fat burger, as well as just cooking temp. The more you cook them, the more you find the sweet spot for you. Like with a steak, if you are doing them in a cast iron, feel free to get that pan crazy hot in the oven and then bring it up to the stovetop, or even return it to the oven, either/or. I don't turn mine more than once. I might do side 1 a little longer than side 2, make sure a nice browned crust before I lift it up and flip it.

you put it on the RACK. theres no such thing as an in-oven grill.

I see at least four grills in that image :^)

try again numbnuts

just by googling it you will clearly have come across something explaining that where americans call it broiling, other parts of the world call it overhead grilling. stop being an autist

>putting tomatoes in your burgers

baka. Enjoy your watery ass fruits fag lords.

>watery ass fruits

you mean pickles?

if you google overhead grill nothing comes up except overhead shots of a grill. its such a stupid term youve even stumped google.

grilling by definition means cooking over a direct heat source.

Pickles aren't fruits, unlike shitty ass tomatoes.

yes, they are.

>meat and bread "burgers"
You're the one eating a turd.

The vegetables are your friends, user, they don't want to hurt you. They'll help you lose those first 100 pounds and get you started on becoming slim one day.

Fruits = gay
Tomatoes = gay = fruit
Pickles = based =straight

Not him, but I already told you, google "oven grill".

All of this.
I don't have a full induction stove, but I have a single stand alone unit. I do all my frying in it, as it heats much faster/stays on point better than my coil stove. Maybe you need pans with higher iron content?

>if you google overhead grill nothing comes up

if you're just gonna deny reality i don't really care to engage.

>grilling by definition means cooking over a direct heat source.

seeing as overhead grilling is a thing, that's bollocks.

Yes, user. Burgers with veggies are so much healthier than burgers without veggies. Every slice of tomatoes removes 300 kcal from the meat!

>calories
Spotted the retard.

Give it a try, you'll see.

>equating health with calories

every damn time

Stick to your fucking tendies manchild

>yes, I'm totally healthy! I eat 3500 kcal a day including tons and tons of salads! #HealthyAtEverySize

I am confused user. Why don't you want to your eat vegetables?

>eating memetables

How many does it take you poo? Whats your favorite method of dividing the brick so it will flush?

Poo doesn't take anything from me, Pajeet

How many days* does it take you to poo? Whats your favorite method of dividing the brick so it will flush?

Take your filthy scat fascination somewhere else