Is Evangelion a Nietzschean work...

Is Evangelion a Nietzschean work? Is this shown in Shinji's ultimate affirmation of life at the end of EoE and are the Rebuilds a portrayal of eternal recurrence?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Animation-Genesis-Evangelion-Blu-Ray-KIXA-90501/dp/B00SWDZWJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>He's only read wikipedia articles about Nietzsche

to be honest he probably didn't have anything certain in mind and just mixed a bunch of philosophies together existentialism being one of them.

Where can you buy a set of evangelion that doesn't cost $1000 dollars?

>inb4 download it

No, I would like a physical copy.

It is a popular opinion, but we wont be sure until the rebuilds are finished.

Yeah, Gendo explicitly comes across as ubermenschian in the most recent film.

I'd have to say it's such an eclectic mishmash of styles and philosophies that just to call it Nietzschean is a disservice.

So anime?

I am doing my research project on mind and body using Ghost in the Shell as my primary research.

Dark Souls is the most Nietzschecore of all works of art that have come out of Japan

>entire game is about eternal recurrence
>each game's age is progressively more degenerate, just as the soils no longer support great trees in the day of the last men, but only loathsome weeds
>imagery of fire everywhere evoking Zarathustra
>games play like a fucking horrible, painful struggle until you git gud
>but the lowest lows are accompanied by the highest heights
>You, the ashen one/heroic undead or whatever, are the ubermensch
>you create your own values and ultimately choose whether to continue the cycle or not
>but even in choosing to end the cycle you still end up in new game plus

Also, it is a plot point in the game that you must pursue a purpose in life or you will go hollow. The onion knight that you meet goes hollow, because you achieve all of the things he hopes to with ease like the jester who leaps over the tightrope walker.

Seriously fuck off.
Go back to . There are boards for anime and video games, go there.

more Nietzschecore than Mishima?

It sounds like you are just exaggerating it to seem Nietzschean. I doubt he would want people sitting in their comfortable homes playing addicting video games just because its a struggle

if you consider it a work of art, it's less lesuirely than other ways you could be spending your free time

You can import the BDs for only a third of that!

>Oh shit, don't group them all together you Nietzsche dick sucker. It's a fucking game and pretty sure the designer does not have time to read nazi superman shit. They just come back to the origin of gaming, that's all. And in every fucking games, you're always the superman if you know what I mean.

Miyazaki is pretty clearly well read

what video game doesn't fit that description though

Do you have a link for me my friend?

even if he's stupid enough to read nazi superman lord, that doesn't mean he applies the shit to his corporate shit. Also, this

When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you

Most people who read, read Nietzsche at least to see what the fuss is about.

then you smack the assbyss with your dagger while being naked. That's how it works.

Potentially limited run. I'm very close to getting it... Idk if region locking is a thing or what since this is an import.

amazon.com/Animation-Genesis-Evangelion-Blu-Ray-KIXA-90501/dp/B00SWDZWJQ

careful my friend. no dubs or subs.

idk if Nietzsche would have hated video games. I think he would have been very suspicious towards them as an artform due to the issue of escapism they allow and due to the crass commercialization of the form (keeping in mind that he complained about both of these things in literature) but I think he would have seen some of the potential of the medium. He quite liked visual arts because they trained the eye. Video games could be useful insofar as they train the eye to see the right things.

A particularly unscrupulous Plato-lite figure could turn the video game into a quasi-religious phenomenon really.

Yeah, 3 is full of that, almost all of the NPCs kill themselves or die after their questlines are over. One of Nietzsche's odder points was how he was an advocate of honorable suicide, he said retirement was for losers and once you've done what you've set out to do and no longer have the energy to do great new things you should off yourself so you don't become a curmudgeon and corrupt the next generation. He said it was far better to leave a book written in your youth than to provide 'wisdom' in your old age.