So, how's that novel coming along, /lit?

So, how's that novel coming along, /lit?

WELL, MY NOVEL MIGHT NOT BE COMING, BUT I'M COMING ON YOUR MOM'S FACE, OP

5 or 6 pages. Wrote some today. I think I'm finally starting to get the right tone. I have so many thing I want it to do and it is missing alot of what usually makes a novel a novel. I'm terrified it is going to end up falling flat on it's face halfway through. Feeling pretty good about it right now though. Just need do everything possible to keep my mood stable and keep working on it regardless.

It's done, one of these literary agents needs to give me a thumbs up, or at least a reply, dammit. I've been trying to sell for four months.

>ME TOO.
>AND I KNOW YOU'RE ONLY TRYING TO TELL US ABOUT YOUR HALF-ASS NOVEL. DON'T. JUST DON'T. BECAUSE I'M NOT BUYING.

kek

My subject is both dark and funny but I'm no so sure if I should continue with a tongue in cheek way or let the subject matter be the funny part of the book.

I'm trying to write my novel, but all you do is play Baby Boomerang on loop, you cunt.

It was going well but then I stabilised my mood and now I can't write at all.

have like 10 pages left to go. then i'm typing the whole thing up, then going back and revising. i doubt anyone will publish it because its about suicide. either way im going to kill myself in like 3 months

Please don't.

Pretty poorly. I'm only 70 pages in and Kerouac has already described 3 different sets of characters as looking like they're "running from something--probably the law".

Do you seriously think that novels about suicide don't get published?

Right now it's a concept but I think if I get the funding I can turn it into an idea.

It's not coming along at all because it's a screenplay

>what about your screenplay, then?

s-shut the fuck up

It is simple, you sit down and start. If you don't start putting words into your MS word or whatever it is that you use as a medium it will never happen. Morever don't think too much when you write. In my experience it is better to just rush through it and rearrange, edit or just delete later on, once you have a bit of text in front of you. If you take a completely analytical approach, you are forever going to end up planning without doing anything. You're probably at the stage of planning in your head, don't get caught into that. You will become good at planning, not at writing. And it's an addicting thing, to plan and to devise outlines in your head but never actually get to do them. I know because I do that all the time, thinking in your head is a positive trait, but you need to sit down and actually commit to the writing process. You'll end up discouraged too, often what you see coming under your fingers isn't what you had in your head. It tends to fall awfully short of what you built it up to be. That's why you need to do it, to get over it as soon as possible. Or you'll end up being a writer locked inside his head, like me. You don't want that. It's a lonely feeling, being stuck with thoughts you want to say, but can't get around to saying. It will torment you, and you will forever walk around the world as a ghost, as an imitation of yourself. Don't do that to yourself, sit down and start writing. I mean writing as a process, a healing process for yourself. Not as something that will be lauded by others, just letting your mind speak to yourself, and writing it down. Because if you lock them up in your head, you will get headaches, and depression, and highs and lows. But the lows are awful, and the high is always just the set up for the low, the bigger the climb, the steeper the fall. And you won't know how long you'll go across the valleys. You better hope it isn't a desert valley. And you'll become a slave to the mirages of your mind. Your life become a mirage itself. Always planning, always hoping, never doing, never experiencing. You will be 30 before you know it, then 40, then 50... The mirage changing with the years, so as to keep you walking across the desert. You'll only ever recognize it at your dying bed for what it was. Can you imagine that? You'll spend your whole life chasing your own imagination. I'd rather be hit by a car.

Here's a picture of a friend of mine right before they pulled the plug on him. He was a writer who never finished his book.

The world's greatest Evangelion x Gravity's Rainbow fanfiction crossover isn't going to be built in a day.

I gave up, poetry's easier

>poetry's easier

you're probably doing it wrong

Poetry is way harder imo, just less time consuming

no, only bitches do poetry. It can't provide a proper erection.

Completely finished. Working on the sequel. Looking for an agent right now.

Script isn't done yet due to theater production right now. Wish it was a bigger role besides an ensemble member but it keeps me on my toes.

You just perfectly described me. But why should I take your advice if you haven't broken through yourself? Or is this pasta

>tfw no discipline

It's two pastas combined.

>10 pages so far
>started two days ago
>head full of ideas and plot
>head full of character development and arcs
>entire novel already written in your head
>entire novel not even close to written on paper
Anyone else in this situation or is it just me?

I'm feeling really good about it. I've worked out I have roughly 76 scenes, if I write around 1000 words for each then it'll be way over my target minimum of 50,000 words.
1000 words is just under a full screen of text on scrivener, this has really broken it down into bite-size pieces.

I want to kill myself too. My psychologist told me to "be curious and try new things." So I'm trying to write a "serious" book and not just fapfiction like usual.

What's your book about?

Not doing a novel, but a collection of stories. 36 pages in, 20 of them are very nearly finished.

better than any creative endeavour has before in my life. I've been working on it on and off since last spring, and intensely the past 3 or more months. I just had a vision of the next section for the first time last night

I'm submitting a contained portion of it as a short story for a final project on Friday, I'm very nervous but only recently really excited

It's call writer's illusion state. Get out of it quick.

First novel done months ago. But never published before and I don 't really know how to deal with this whole issue. It's annoying because I'm autistic as hell and I only enjoy writing.

Dropped it after 11 pages because I realised that video games are a better medium for expressing modern stories.

I look forward to your video game about living the NEET life.

Nigger you better have an artist, musician, level designer, programmer and all that. .
N-need a music guy?

How long does it take Veeky Forums to finish your novel?

Finished, just waiting to publish. Thanks for asking :)

I feel you on the screenwriting, it's a difficult topic to write and even harder to come up with a topic. I've already got a show coming out, it's a webshow, but still.

Finished, but I have no idea where to submit it. It's way too Veeky Forums to get any traction anywhere mainstream. Kind of thinking I should just Kindle it and let people read it for free (I don't care about making money at all).

Gaskun put on your trip you autistic retard.

>don't think while you write

Literally retarded.

Screencapped. I am looking forward to reading it

I have the whole fucking thing mapped up on a cork board next to my desk, I even have pins and string and all that shit, but fuck me sitting down and actually writing it out is pure torture, which I guess is a sign that I'm doing it right.

>tfw wrote a 50k piece of erotic fan fiction in a week after someone bailed on a holiday but I've not finished a whole chapter of my book in a year

I'M FUCKIN SPOOKED, LAD

3 years 600 pages. If I had focused on it I'd have done it in 1

>mfw realizing I've spent 2.5 years and written 20 pages

I spent 3 years on the first chapter, but I don't count those. Then I said "fuck it" and did a pagr daily. Got it done in no time. Then revised it like 800 times until it sounded like something I'd enjoy reading.

Three pages into the rewrite, it's coming along. I wish I had a better system of organizing though, I have a good hundred google docs for this project alone full of character and plot ideas but I'm having a difficulty finding the ones I need when I need it.

there are currently no mainstream books with dickgirls

think about that for a second

where is the justice?

I make really meticulously organized folders like this. Each one of these fans into several more folders and so on

Trust me you don't. It's easy to have an idea feel complete in your head, but walk yourself through it step by step. How are you going to accomplish each beat of the story? How are the scenes going to connect? How will it all come together? Feel out the stuff that the details are hazy on as much as possible and think it out. It will save you alot of grief later if you can work this out early without stumbling upon it by writing.

This

ANGELZ
by James Franco

That was a time we had down in F-L-A.

It was something, like with all movies,

That was special, like a bubble, in which

We all lived, a magic time, where we all
Came together. This is how it iz on all filmz

But this one was special, because them girlz

Was doin’ sumptin like this fo’ the first time
And they wanted to be rescued, di’n’ they.
At first they was excited, and said yes, yes,

Then they was scared, and pulled back,

Because they waz still loyal to all them fanz

Of theirs, the young wunz, impressionable.
But then it changed, once again, when I arrived

Because I waz the electricity that shocked dem

Into place, you see how that happened?

They was hot young things with skillz of sex
That I brought to the fore, and galvanized.

can we knock it off with these threads already

finished my terrible first draft. don't know where to start with editing.

Just because you're mad at yourself for not writing anything doesn't mean we can't discuss it

>tfw your greatest published work is still tLoTiaT

My novel includes them, but you never actually know, just guess.

ah, a tasteful choice.

Ended up being a short story and is gonna be published in Fall

My computer is in the shit, so it's not coming along nicely.

Please please please

It is a confusing maze of tangentially related sequences with several unrelated narratives that seem to be growing in fractal patterns.

I'm scared.

Bumped

Book 1 Draft (Complete): 168,225 words
Book 2 Draft (Incomplete): 103,171 words

Going pretty well, I would say.