What's the comfiest book you've ever read?

what's the comfiest book you've ever read?

blood meridian

Either Mason & Dixon or My Ántonia

I know it gets incredibly fucked at parts, but I just pictured the world so well

the virgin suicides....... until, the suicides....

yeah the wizard of Oz pretty dope. but we're talking books brother

The Secret History

Book of Disquiet

pretty comfy descriptions of landscapes
the names by delillo

The Belgariad

Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up To Me

Proust.

Probably Redwall

Shilling this in every comfy book thread.

Obligatory Don Quixote

Until the end that is

Knausgaard Book Three

Sense & Sensibility

Unmatched

Illuminatus Trilogy

City by Clifford D Simak

Hmm...
First time I read it as 3 separate paperbacks. Have it in hardback in storage somewhere. Have read it 4 times in the last 35 years. Certainly is "comfy".
- 23 big rhinoceroses.

Try the sequel, Schrodenger's Cat. Not as comfy, but still good.

I found Tortilla Flat to be even comfier

For sure

I also find Orwell's journalism to be comfy as fuck. Even though Road to Wigan Pier & Down and Out in Paris and London are books about poverty, Orwell is really good at making working in a shitty French kitchen or sleeping in a Yorkshire boarding house sound comfy

I thought this was a series?

It's honestly not something I'd recommend from Durrell. It's fragmentary nature doesn't make for a comfy reading experience. Read his other books on Cyprus and Rhodes.

Once upon a time, a very long time ago now, about last Friday, Winnie-the-Pooh lived in a forest all by himself under the name of Sanders.
("What does 'under the name' mean?" asked Christopher Robin.
"It means he had the name over the door in gold letter, and lived under it.")

It was a manga, and comfy is correlated to nostalgia instantly, so any critic to this shit is invalid.

The Hobbit.
Immersive, simple and easy to read.
Cool mythos, fun characters.

I only started reading this about 3 years ago, but it's so damn comfy, I love it.

is this a Veeky Forums forced meme? what do you even mean by comfy, fuck you guys.

I think this "I don't know what comfy means" thing is a meme.
It's just like if I said a book was funny you would expect to feel amused.
If a book is comfy, it makes you feel comfortable.

Under the Volcano

The Sorrows of Young Werther is pretty comfy.

As I walked out one mid summer morning

this. i fucking rage when i see a book described as 'comfy'. the word comfortable pertains to physical repose

When a book is comfy, you are able to get comfortable and smoothly read. You aren't disturbed by what you are reading, you aren't made sad by it, you are just smoothly reading and feeling comfortable.

I never call out samefag, but I'm gonna say you're samefaging based on the similar opinion and lack of capitalization.

Mason & Dixon

Wind in the Willows

S T O N E R

in search of lost time

only read the first 2 books so far tho

that's not me, though. maybe some other guy who rages at poorly-used words.

well said, my man.

DUDE

The hitchicker's guide to the galaxy

Thomas Hardy's Wessex Tales

yeah

Novels are just comfy

>It's fragmentary nature doesn't make for a comfy reading experience

That's one of the reasons I liked it so much. Its fragmentary nature (it's a travel diary) allows the reader to pick it up and leave it whenever without a plot to remember. This is post of what I mean by comfy. It's the perfect bedtime book, in winter as well as summer.

Good pick.

not wrong

garbage

>tfw memories of reading this when I was young
coziest book I ever read

Any Garrison Keillor

Speaking of manga, nothing is comfier than this.

I like reading Spice & Wolf series inbetween other works. Easy to digest, good character chemistry and has a nice pastoral medieval feeling to it. Also every book is only two sittings at max to get through.

The great gatsby was pretty comfy desu.

Definitely, but YKK doesn't have the nostalgia for me yet. Probably in a few years

YKK is comfy as fuck.

You really are correct, I, on chapter 13 or so and it's really good. I feel like I'm reading it at the perfect time, as a first year in college

Until now I would say, "The guide to the good life" by William Irvine, at least the 3/4 portion of the book.

The Peregrine

Redwall, without a fucking doubt.

Taggerung is still my favourite.

MY FUCKING DIARY

Awful lot of homoeroticism in that one, tho

Just page after page of homoerotic lust

there was a pillow that had some words on it. that was probably comfier than any book

The Magic Mountain, definitely.

Little Prince

Hyperion Cantos is a great series but "comfy" doesn't fit the adjectives that I would associate it with.

The Road

Wait, what? The movie was based off a book?

East of Eden

A lot of these answers are confusing me. I guess I don't know what you guys mean by comfy.

The comfiest books for me are Wodehouse's novels, Growth of the Soil, and In Search of Lost Time.

>neighborhood lacking trees
>comfy

Naive. Super by Erlend Loe
The Magic Mountain was comfy af

This one about incest between a dad and his son.

It was just erotica.

Little, Big

American Psycho. It had a lot about clothes. Clothes are comfy.

if you mean name dropping pretentious brands