Cooking insects

How do I get them to retain their shape when frying? I have problems with them exploding open and/or deflating which isn't as aesthetically pleasing as when they keep their cylindrical shape.

put toothpix in em

I'm just bullshitting because I've never done this, but maybe just cook them quickly on high heat with no moisture (so no vegetables or anything)? I've been curious about cooking them too.

fry them twice , just like french fries .

yes because a bunch of fucking maggots are so aesthetically pleasing you disgusting third worlder

flash fly them. like super hot, just long enough for them to crisp up, then take out of heat and let sit.

They're mealworms. They taste like peanuts.

Why are on a cooking board if you're going to shit on everything which doesn't conform to your exact taste?

It's a food board. Why the fuck are you scavenging like Timon and Pumbaa when there's food to be had?

*We are on a cooking board on Veeky Forums

so yes somebody is going to shit on every post that gets made.

Insects as a general rule have some of the best protein-to-fat ratios that exist in the natural world.

Then just eat fucking peanuts

Go back to your mayonaise and chikrn tendies White Boy.

They taste like plastic to me.

Mayo is too spicy.

I prefer a flour-water reduction, with a teaspoon of salt water for seasoning.

And most steel alloys have more iron than any food in the natural world.

Yes, but steel alloys aren't edible, you fucking twat. Don't try to be a smartass if you can't manage the "smart" part, it just makes you an ass.

Does anyone else think of shellfish or crustaceans as insects of the sea? Both have shells and look weird.

you do know that cheerios literally have iron filings ground up in them, right? Try it yourself, let it get soggy and run a magnet through it.

That's pretty much what made me start eating insects.

That said, shrimp > any insects

They should engineer a bug that gets as big as shrimp

>want to eat insects
>part because health reasons [all that protein and no fat]
>part because I like to try "weird shit"
>live in 'Murrica
>nowhere to buy bugs
>bitch-mum would think I'm weird for trying to raise insects at home
>moving to college literally later today and couldn't raise them there

Is there no hope?

Hakuna matata?

actually they taste like nothing, what you taste is the literal shit that makes up for 25% of their body mass.

I suggest you refrain from discussing this with anyone you meet at university.

>'Murica
>mum
Something doesn't add up.

you can try em at mexican restaurants often times my friend