I will admit I made this thread years ago, tried some recommendations and then forgot all about it...

I will admit I made this thread years ago, tried some recommendations and then forgot all about it. What are the nicest sipping rums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fudwJZhiYxk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pls respond

I once got this one and I really couldnt drink it. Tasted much like going back to Teachers after a nice highland malt. But I appreciate the recommendation nonetheless.

Spiced rum has about as much relation to rum as wine coolers have to wine

If you like being a classy hobo there's nothing to be ashamed of, but it's time we stopped allowing rum into rum threads, which this, apparently was intended to be

Last time I had an opinion like this I got banned, but whatever. Go ahead and ban. I'll skip the recommendations on actual rum, enjoy your sailor jerry

Rum is shit tier liquor

It's fucking happy-juice man, chill.

>No rum in rum threads

I'm with you in sentiment, but who is rum in a rum thread?

>I'll skip the recommendations on actual rum, enjoy your sailor jerry

Up until this post I wouldve thought alright, good you pointed that out to a novice like me. Now I think you are simply an asshat trying to be elitist about a readily available liquor. So I will drink all the stuff I fucking well please.

Okay, /actual/ rum recommendations up in this bitch then.

Up until this point instead of post obv

Sorry, I just get tired of carefully writing posts and then having it wiped because a mod didn't like my opinions on stuff

I have a personal rule to just shitpost now because otherwise I get mad when I take this place seriously

I get where youre coming from, Im big into whisky and that "hobby" is overflood by Ron Swanson wannabes and 'Jack Daniels is my favorite' types. Shame you had to direct that anger at someone not here to fuck around today. Still open to suggestions-!

By that I meant, wrong place at the wrong time cause probability describes you had a high chance of directing it at someone deserving of the critique.

Is Kraken the most meme rum of all time?

Yeah, it's a shame. If you want some intelligent rum discussion check out the ministry of rum website. The layout is shit but the content is worth the pain.

Remember: Veeky Forums is /b/ and /pol/ but with a food theme. Do not put any effort into anything here or you'll just be punished for it.

Probably, doesnt mean I cant enjoy it.

Ministry of rum, got it, thanks

Why do people like spiced rum? It tastes like anus.

The only good thing spiced rum is good for, is to pour it into a coke and drink it that way. Gives it a nice vanillay flavor. Otherwise, just throw it out.

Non spiced rum is good though, and I especially like black non spiced rum.

>Shits on spiced rum
>No other recommendations

>mixing with coke ever
>not mixing with juice or ginger beer
No wonder you're salty mate

Zaya is a pretty nice, moderately priced rum that's good for sipping.

Sorry mate.

Like I said. Unspiced Black rum is really good. And dark and stormy-ies are a great mixed rum drink, provided they use unspiced.

I think if you buy this one certain mead, the lime one from B.Nektar meadery, and mix it with some rum, they would probably be amazing.

Any amount of stuff Ive mixed it with in my life that wasnt coke is a shit tier drink. (Except dark and stormy)

Will also recommend. You can't go wrong with Appleton Reserve 12 years, either, it's in a similar price point as Zaya.

Are you a pirate like me m8?

youtu.be/fudwJZhiYxk

Wicked, will look out for all of these.

Reading on the intertubes made some names from my old threat float up, think Zacapa and Mt. Gay were recommended. Are those good? Ill buy a boatload. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Threads like these always bring up shit I never would have come across otherwise.

Wew, only Zaya I can get around here (12yo) is two to three times as expensive as the Appleton.

Oh shit the Dark-and-Stormy looks like an awesome drink as well. Going to whip that up this weekend.

Dont want to burst your bubble but probably not. Rum is one of my least favorite liquors. I like vodka and such more.

Im going to bed, can someone bump this thread for me in a few hours? Thanks.

I feel betrayed. Bump.

Bump

Thanks holmes, just got back though.

Look out on zaya. They changed the stuff in the bottle and made a slight label change. The old stuff was 12 year old. This new one tastes like a vanilla liquer. If you get the new bottling, open it up and get some air into it.

Sippers?
Mount gay extra old
Appleton estate 12 year old
El dorado 12 year old or 15 year old
Cruzan single barrel
Bacardi 8 year old
Fortuna 8 year old
Plantation 5 year old
Older bottlings by flor de cana
Havana club 7 year old
Old monk xxx
Pyrat
Zacapa 23
Older stuff by brugal

Black rum?
Cruzan black strap
Meyers dark
Goslings black seal

White?
Cruzan
Bacardi
Flor de cana
Havana club
Any high proof stuff like wrey and nephew

Mount Gay XO is great sipping rum

Capping these. List is getting kind of long, does anyone know if these are sold in sample bottles?

appleton esstate 12 year

Flor de cana is my rum of choice, but I'm no expert by any means

I had Koloa dark rum. It was nice and sweet. I could taste the molasses.

I know a guy who drinks nothing but Kraken all day.

non plus ultra

30y old. best run i ever tasted, it's around 90-100$ a bottle

You make an interesting point.
In Australia, Captain Morgan doesn't meet the legal definition of 'rum' and is known as "spiced gold' instead.

Best sipping rum I've ever had is called Bundaberg Red. Well worth it if you can find it.
It's filtered through redgum charcoal, and is extremely smooth.

Shitposting in a fun rum thread is like bitching about people not eating nothing but celery.