Cooking with guns

If I shot an egg, would the energy from the bullet passing through be enough to cook the egg? Could it be the fastest way to make scrambled eggs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V7UW5AkWqOY
youtube.com/watch?v=GJzXG7MYX1c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nope.

No.

>would the energy from the bullet passing through be enough to cook the egg?

Yes. But, the problem is that:
a) most of the energy is not retained by the egg; rather the bullet expends only a little bit of its energy passing through the egg, and then the rest of it is wasted while the bullet files off.
b) even if there was enough energy absorbed by the egg there wouldn't be enough time for the heat to flow to all parts of the egg and heat it evenly. The egg would break apart faster than the heat would flow.

is that a pez dispenser or a gun? or both?

What if you were to shoot it point blank to to get the heat from the escaping gases

you can prepare meat with a gun

The problem isn't the lack of heat. It's the fact that heat travels slowly, whereas physical motion (the egg blowing apart) happens many many many times faster. It's a race that the heat will never win.

Heat is physical motion though. Not to mention if the egg is flying apart fast enough the friction with the atmosphere will cause the eggs to heat up as well.

I say that yes, if you shoot an egg with any standard gun it will cook it completely.

>friction from the atmosphere
this isn't a space shuttle going at 2k mph lol, the air will remove more heat by convection if anything

Space shuttles aren't made of egg, man

>I say that yes, if you shoot an egg with any standard gun it will cook it completely.

Except that doesn't happen. Never plinked eggs with the .22 out back?

There are plenty of videos on youtube of eggs being shot. You can clearly see the egg remains uncooked as the egg explodes.

I'm an engineer, I think I have a better idea of this than you two do. Considering the material properties of the eggs, the kinetic energy of the bullet, the environmental factors such as the specific heat of the egg, the bullet, and the surrounding atmosphere, not to mention the ambient temperature as well as initial temperature of egg, I can conclusively state that an egg will be fully cooked if shot at.

Why don't you go down the rabbit hole and find out?

>There are plenty of videos on youtube of eggs being shot. You can clearly see the egg remains uncooked as the egg explodes.

/thread

It doesn't show the egg remains, by the time they land the eggs have been cooked due to atmospheric friction

>>cooked due to atmospheric friction
Doesn't happen. I've shot hundreds and hundreds of eggs. The results look just like a raw egg cracked on the ground.

There are plenty of pics and videos online. Google "egg shoot" and the like.

This is hilarious. Please keep it up

Your anecdotal evidence does nothing to disprove the physics of the situation.

>the physics of the situation.

What physics? All I see is some trollbait retard throwing around words he probably doesn't understand.

And then I see pictures of shot eggs that show no signs of being cooked.

How many more "yous" do you want, user?

It's just like when you shoot a rabbit or squirrel. Do you guys not hunt or something? Of course it will be cooked by the time it lands. It's real science. Have you ever even shot a goon? Every time I kill small game they are always...ALWAYS...cooked from the bullet passing through them. I even had one deer that was mostly cooked once using a bow and arrow to shoot it with. Get out of the basements and try it for yourselves and you will see.

I know you're wrong though, I too have shot eggs. I am a trained engineer and for something as small as an egg it is easily cooked by the impact of the bullet.

Do research on the hydraulic shock. The pressure of impact can create thousands of atmospheres of pressure, this rapid change in pressure changes the boiling point and many other chemical factors involved in the cooking process. A small bullet when shot at a human will cause brain damage due to the incompressibility of water, and humans are hundreds of times heavier than eggs. The egg is cooked, sorry that you've never truly inspected these eggs you allegedly shoot.

what makes you so sure about that?
also,
fist you need to build a dyson sphere around the egg.

That's what shillary and the Democrats want you to think

As a thermal and ballistics engineer and a chef, I agree with your statements completely.

You faggots are lazy and will argue over anything.

I'm not lazy, nor am I a faggot, so I took an egg and I put it 50 yards away and I fucking shot it with my Remington 700 chambered in .308.

No fucking surprise, as any good ol' boy knows, growing up with guns n shit... It cooks the fucking egg.

.308 for hard boil, .22 for soft boil.

They peel easier this way too.

Exit wound. The downside is you lose a little bit of the egg... :(

Steps to cooking an egg
> 1. Boil water
> 2. Cook the egg
> Optional: shoot a bullet through it to cook it extra!
> Note: shooting it does not actually cook it, you have to actually cook it beforehand

Kek.

>argue over anything
No we fucking won't and if I wasn't so tired I'd tell you off so hard.

What the hell have you guys been doing since I started napping?

Fuck you! The egg I shot was raw as hell, like how I did your momma last night!

Only faggots who like to argue get too tired to argue. I bet you've never even eaten delicious bullet cooked eggs either.

Which makes better eggs? Brass or copper washed steel?

lead cast cowboy rounds

kek

the tasty way to put the gun in your mouth

>Could it be the fastest way to make scrambled eggs

Its the fastest way to make hard boiled eggs, you'd have to scramble it first then shoot it if you wanted scrambled. (duh)

No. But if you have a watercooled machine gun, keep your thumb on the trigger and eventually the water in the cooling jacket will boil. Then, pour the boiling water into a jug and put the eggs in for two minutes. Wa lah.

Top kek

A stick of butter has more potential energy than an equivalent brick of C-4. The C-4 is still used because unlike butter, it detonates and does so very quickly.

energy density
(MJ/kg)
C4: 19
Butter: 30

If only we could harness the true power of butter...

Those are some handsome burgs my man

just point the gun at someone and tell them to cook the egg.

praise science

How cooked does the egg have to be? I mean over easy is mostly just a little warmed up. It might be possible to cook a small bit of the egg.

No but the heat of your mouth combined with the bullet will do the trick

What about if I sliced it with my Katana, would it be cooked then?

I think if you placed the egg behind the gun, the recoil would produce the cleanest crack to open the shell.

Unbroken eggs, everytime my friend.

can Americans learn anything without it being related to food?

Kek

Of all the posts that made me laugh on this thread, yours was the best.

Thanks user.

>Muh guns

Kill yourself, baby dick.

Being this much of a liberal bitch to not appreciate a good joke.

guns are cool
youtube.com/watch?v=GJzXG7MYX1c

>compares food to weaponry for maximum understandability

stay classy, america

Paula Deen tried, but everyone bitched about heart problems

Thanks /k/. I learned a ton.

I really love those old training videos.

>sensually rubs the cross section of the barrel
lewd
>grabs the bullet and slowly inserts it into the barrel
LEWD
>"placing the cartridge in the chamber is known as fingering"
LEWD LEWD LEWD

t. europoor minority

It's incredible what 21 years of liberal indoctrination can do to a millennial.

This is the most American thread I've ever seen.

Its a Smith&Wesson Model 39-2 with a Pex dispenser stuck in the magazine well.

Will someone please shoot an egg. I would if I lived in the country but I'm in the city. Do it for Veeky Forums.

>Smith&Wesson Model 39-2
This is incorrect

This was already done earlier in the thread.

my baby ;_;

As literally the Hitler, I have hard evidence that this is true.
You can try it by shooting your own head, and you'll see that your head will be cooked.

ban assault butter

It's an FEG P9R; a Browning Hi-Power crossed with a S&W 59.

ya know. i usually don't save shit. but i'm gonna save this one.

no

the fastest way to make scrambled eggs is to break an egg into lava

>user's home made tenga

Lava is a liquid so you'd just be making poached egg.

>.308 for hard boil
>.22 for soft boil

Mysides.exe

And how you make bacon?

You can't cook bacon by shooting it. It cooks at a higher temperature and has a higher specific heat. The egg shell is what allows an egg to cook when you shoot it because the shell contains the pressure. When you increase pressure, temperature rises as well.

Some people do cook bacon on their machine gun barrels by just getting the barrel really hot from running a couple hundred rounds through. However I dont care for this method for 4 reasons. 1. You have to attach the bacon to the barrel -this is a pain in the ass. 2. Gun solvents and cleaning solutions are used on guns and are carcinogenic and make the bacon taste awful. 3. Its no faster than using a frying pan and its way louder. 4. Clean up is a bitch, and you look like an ass fuck redneck faggot with bacon on your muzzle.

Yeah, no. Cooking bacon with a gun Is possible, but retarded.

On the other hand eggs are easy, faster, and you can control doneness by switching out caliber. its fucking brilliant.

You cover the barrel with aluminum foil first, then wrap it over that. It is more common to use an assault rifle than a machine gun.

>and are carcinogenic
Not Ballistol.

keep up the good work Veeky Forums

>would the energy from the bullet passing through be enough to cook the egg?

Yes, there is more than enough energy in the bullet to cook an egg.

The problem is that the energy imparted by the bullet is kinetic and not thermal.
The thermal energy in the bullet from the firing and atmospheric friction is inadequate to cook an egg.

Now if we were able to in a ten-trillionth of a second convert the kinetic energy to thermal energy we would have a cooked egg.
Probably an overcooked egg.

Of course physics also states that converting kinetic energy to thermal energy that quickly would cause an explosion equally proportional to the original value of kinetic energy.
So, big bang
Big Bang Eggs

I don't care enough to do math on this.

Just take my word for it.

have you ever fired a gun before you retarded faggot no that would not work

but you can wrap bacon around your barrel and dump a drum mag

What if I pack small uncooked bacon strips into the magazine and fired them out onto a plate?

>Of course physics also states that converting kinetic energy to thermal energy that quickly would cause an explosion equally proportional to the original value of kinetic energy.
>So, big bang
>Big Bang Eggs

Fund it.

>harmful or fatal if swallowed.

Why are anime panties always horizontally blue striped?

Makes the ass look fatter, like how they say vertical stripes make you look skinny.

this wouldnt work a barrel stay warm for like 30 seconds. it would get hot enough to actually cook unless you strapped it a to a mg and shot like 1000 rounds

Only took 90 rounds.

I know why horizontal stripes, along with white, make it look fatter. After all, black is slimming and vertical makes the appearance of skinnier. Was just wondering why blue, but that answers it, because most Japanese schoolgirls have blue skirts for their uniform.

It's all starting to make sense now...

Based WI

A bit late

He should've at least unwrapped it, then wrapped it around again on the unheated side.

Some people's children...

>"How small arms work"
sounds like a guide to start your own child slave market

please tell me someone fucking screencapped this thread

>literally a neckbeard
>muh bacon
Guns are cool but gun '''culture''' is pure cancer