Can someone tell me why this USELESS FUCKING UNTALENTED HACK CUNT FUCK NIGGER FAGGOT IS DIRECTING THE MOVIE ADAPTATION...

Can someone tell me why this USELESS FUCKING UNTALENTED HACK CUNT FUCK NIGGER FAGGOT IS DIRECTING THE MOVIE ADAPTATION OF BLOOD MERIDIAN

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/read/james-francos-blood-meridian-test-656
deadline.com/2016/05/russell-crowe-james-franco-to-direct-cormac-mccarthy-blood-meridian-cannes-1201749735/
hollywoodreporter.com/news/cannes-russell-crowes-blood-meridian-891007
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>caring about movie adaptations
>caring about pleb mccarthy

>Speaks loudly and says nothing at the same time

The Coen Brothers did No Country justice.

Why didn't they tap them for this?

*holds up kafka book*

shit book, for a shit film. justice indeed

Because he ran out of Faulkner to ruin I guess

I liked it user. Both the book and the adaptation. Why didn't you?

oh look out guys, this user is better than all of us for he does not care for things

Honestly I don't give much of a shit about James Franco, but I really wish they'd get someone else to direct this thing - I mean, it's not like there's a dearth of capable, more thoughtful directors.

>USELESS FUCKING UNTALENTED HACK

describes yecarthy perfectly, so i guess it's a great fit

it's easy to adapt a minor work

there's literally no reason why you should adapt a masterpiece novel

what's going to be added?

telling the plot easily to americans? that's the point of adapting masterpiece novels.

Franco is going bald so his career may be ruined as a actor. Perchance this is why he's extending into directing.

He'll probably do a great job portraying when the Kid "stokes the scullery fire."

you don't have to watch it. When you think of faulkners books the last thing you think of are his adaptions.

It's more of a matter of the director giving us his versione of the books, of its story, prose and themes, in his own peculiar way - like, I can imagine how a Brakhage (or even Anger) adaptation of the Naked Lunch could have been. It's more of a creative leap than a faithful reconstruction.

Which is why I think the decision of letting Franco direct this thing is fucking horrible.

Sauce? I remember reading the guy who directed Little Children was working on this.

This is murder tier honestly. If I had just a little less to lose I'd make something happen.

>caring what happens to a whoremac lecarthy book

meh. Let Franco do his worst.

characters over 30 exist you know. not every actor has to be young and good looking

Does anyone have to conversation he has with Cormac where he straight out asks what one of his books mean and Cormac gets annoyed?

>clearly white
>nigger

Can't wait for the /tv/ kiddies to spam "Was is rape?" and "He's a big guy" for the next millennium.

go watch his proof-of-concept short

washed out shaky cam because it's XTRA BRUTAL

let's help Franco by writing the script for him

Act 1, Scene 1
>dad drunk again
>the kid runs away
>black people stare at him from the fields

Act 1, Scene 2
>in a bar
>the kid spits
>punches somebody in the face
>gets shot in the back for spitting indoors
>is nursed back to health by the barkeep's wife
>rides on (without paying)

vice.com/read/james-francos-blood-meridian-test-656

here is the video if you want to watch it

filming people with a handicam from 15 ft away in the bright sun + no background music = the vision of blood meridian

and to think that THIS is what landed him the job

>Clearly White
You're using very bizzare versions of clearly and White.

>going bald

Casting for the Judge revealed

The reason I'm so upset is that this is probably the ONE CHANCE that this adaptation had. And to give it to Meme Franco was seriously a bad move.

>the script
>Act 1, Scene 1; Act 1, Scene 2;

this is why theatre and cinema hates self-proclaimed literature experts.
you know, by the way, Franco wouldn't make a mistake like that.

THAT is why he's the one adapting anything into anything, and not you

>It is almost Biblical in its prose.
I too have that on the back of my copy of BM, James.

In the nicest possible terms, I hope they get murdered.

It could be made in to a film, but only under such a strict set of rules that it would be limited release and make no money.

it was destined to become a stoner comedy and we all knew it

deadline.com/2016/05/russell-crowe-james-franco-to-direct-cormac-mccarthy-blood-meridian-cannes-1201749735/

Looks like it's off for now.

Panic over. It's dead hollywoodreporter.com/news/cannes-russell-crowes-blood-meridian-891007

lmao

Thank fucking God

It definitely wasn't a joke

>be you, presumably adults
>see something that you only have to willingly look for to be affected by.
>see that it's a movie adaptation
>see that you don't like the people behind it
>cry like fucking children about it
>shit talk McCarthy when all you've ever made is a nearly coherent Veeky Forums post
>use your superior intellectually advanced minds and actually research things for yourself
>see that's its in development hell
>heavy breathing calms
>tears stop staining your face
>the shit in your diaper starts to smell

are you gonna realize that you don't have to watch it at all, or are you gonna cry more?

The project is now being shelved because the filmmakers didn't have the rights to the novel.

The project is now being shelved because the filmmakers didn't have the rights to the novel.

we are exaggerating, you are the one taking things too seriously

Post you face when James asks permission for the rights from Cormac and gets denied

i remember a few years ago i started watching his movie of howl (and previously i had liked him for some reason, i guess i just bought into his smug self-promotion about what a clever and talented intellectual he was) and everything seemed wrong and shit and i and turned it off 10 minutes in because i realised that i didn't want him associated in my mind with literature i like, and since then i've just ignored all those faulkner adaptations and what have you and honestly it's working out great and if this ever does see the light of day i'll ignore that too and be just fine

I-i-i was only PRERTENDING!

I think the problem here is Franco wants it so bad. He has probably put a lot of lobbying behind this if it is in fact true.

It's unfortunate, but Franco is pretty damn well read from what I've heard. He also seems to have pretty decent taste in literature.

As much as he may admire the book though I doubt he has the chops to do it justice.

>caring about corncob jr.

>implying whites cant be nigger

why the FUCK do I care about Franco or anyone doing his own version of the book?

Retarded. There's nothing to be gained.

fuck off, james

check your white privilege on your way out

> Corncob McCrappy says "Ye" to Franco Blood Meridian adaptation

ZERO bags of popcorn for this one

avoid it

>but Franco is pretty damn well read from what I've heard. He also seems to have pretty decent taste in literature.

LITERALLY the only thing Veeky Forums will teach you is how to pretend to be well aka How to talk about talking about books.

Looks like he's taking a lot of cues from Harmony Korine in this short, I actually don't mind it too much. However, if he's just gonna rip off Korine I'd rather see Korine just do the film himself - that could be a laugh. Hopefully what Franco gives us isn't just a pale imitation.

Don't worry folks, it's been canceled.

Zozzle. Cry moar

trying to figure out Franco and Co's thinking behind this. were they hedging their bets they would somehow get the filming rights to the novel before production began? was announcing the cast a last ditch attempt on their part or did the hollywood trades simply jump the gun on the story on a slow news day? something's fishy here.

it indeed seems the producers and filmmakers did jump the gun. ouch. Tye Sheridan as the Kid and Crowe as Glanton i can get behind. not sold on Donofrio as the Judge or Franco behind the lens, though.

>The package had appeared to be one of the splashier to hit the upcoming Cannes Film Festival market. However, in a situation that highlights the precariousness of conducting film business in an instantaneous online media climate, the breaking news reports about the project appear to have derailed the fragile discussions taking place with the rights owners and the cast. This is a deeply regrettable situation — no one ever wants a story to get in the way of deals being done.