I'm in charge of getting liquor for a high end party at work. What's the best cognac for mixing...

I'm in charge of getting liquor for a high end party at work. What's the best cognac for mixing? Will anyone notice if I fill up a cognac bottle with E&J brandy if it's mostly going to be mixed?

Grand Marnier.

>will anyone notice if i switch out for e&j
you can't be serious

>high end
You're a hobo gay if you don't buy MD 20/20 and put it in a decanter.

Apple juice and Henny is the shit

Chemineaud

>best cognac for mixing?
>mixing cognac

Fuck you this must be bait.

What's wrong with mixing cognac?

you can mix brandy, you neanderthal, but not cognac. like whiskey vs scotch, you dont mix anything that costs over $20/bottle unless you are a fucking mad genius of mixology in a retarded cocktail bar in Hong Kong or NYC

and nobody's going to be drinking brandy at your party I can 100% guarantee it.

get:
Absolut/Grey Goose
Red Label
Hennesey
Bacardi
Jameson
Beefeater
Makers Mark/Bullit/whatever
enough ingredients to make Manhattans, Cosmos, Martinis and Cuba Libres
soda water
tonic water
limes
lemons
a case of california red, a case of white, and 6 bottles of rose
4 cases of mid-tier craft ales
2 cases of Heineken
1 case of Stella
1 case of Mich ultra light, unless you work an ad agency or sports company in which case get 6
enough ice to chill most of the above all night

expense it and only bring more in from the car as needed so you can drive home with the leftovers

>you don't mix anything over $20
spot the college kid

not every drink is a long drink but it's ok, your idea of a cocktail is rum and coke

if you can't tell the difference between rotgut California brandy and a decent french or spanish brandy in a sidecar, your mouth is broken
also
>expense it
Yeah no I bet it never occurred to op that the company pays for company stuff, you totally saved him from subsidizing a company event out of his own pocket. looks like you're an old hand at this businessman thing ;^)

>your idea of a cocktail is rum and coke
everyone's idea of a cocktail is a rum and coke
>sidecar
nobody at an office party is going to know what that shit is

Wow you are in college. If you are op don't get drinks for this party let an adult handle it. Of course if you aren't op then you a bigger faggot than he is.

Anzac XO

Btw, most professional spirits tasters give E&J a higher rating than any VS Cognac

Jesus christ, really? Is cognac really that shitty of a taste or have professional drinkers lost all taste due to alcoholism?

I've never had a cognac, but I've been unfortunate enough to try E&J. Best drink I've ever had was gentleman jack.

Probably muh oak
E&J just tastes like vanilla extract mixed with alcohol and sugar
If your idea of good brandy is muh oak, muh caramel, then the California garbage is of course going to outperform something aged in an actual barrel
California brandy is literally the worst grape brandy on earth. Even Mexican brandy is better

E&J isn't bad I use it in cocktails and sangria. Maybe just maybe cognac/brandy isn't for you.

Most VS Cognac is very, very young. Rough around the edges and most of them are total oak bombs.

They also include a pretty heavy dose of inferior eau de vie from the lesser regions.

F. Paul Piccaults books, especially the first Kindred Spirits, is a very valuable resource for those who wish to learn a little bit about the hard booze game.

>mixing
>cognac

Do you mean brandy?

This is actually the standard loadout (more or less) for a catered bar event so I would assume they work in hospitality from this list.

Former liquor store worker here, whats your budget, party size and specific requests from your boss in regards to what they want?

Assuming that one of the preferences is cognac for sipping go for the Hine Rare VSOP. If you mean brandy for mixing specifically try e&j or Raynal XO as both are decent and affordable brandies for the bracket. However as said I wouldn't recommend putting brandy out unless requested specifically.
This is my favorite picks for needed drinks:
Vodka: Stoli or Ketel One unless your workers are plebs then get Absolut
Irish Whisky: Jameson
Rum: El Dorado 5yo
Gin: Boodle's London Dry
Bourbon: Four Roses Small Batch

Add in assorted red, white, rose wine, lager, pilsner, ale, light beer and soda/juice for mixing and you should be fine.

Yeah but op said high end

Then again around here Cheesecake Factory is considered high end and Lafroog is God tier obscure artisan liquor

You want a cognac that does not have too much barrell flavor as it would limit its applications in mixing.

Also, yes, people would notice if you serve them shit.

I would recommend a decent cognac that is not too posh, expensive or "barrely" called Meukow. Get the VSOP. If you want to drink cognac on its own I would recommend Delamaine Pale and dry.

>you dont mix anything that costs over $20/bottle
...what?

REKT

^ this.

My favorite cognac, don't mix it though

get that alcoholic root beer and only serve alcoholic rootbeer floats, thats a party!

Fuck off faggot, I mix $120 Delord 1985 because to me it's overly tannic but made into a "Manhattan" it's fucking delicious
Fight me.

Metaxa. Great mixed or on the rocks.

>everyone's idea of a cocktail is a rum and coke
awoo lad
w
o
o

l
a
d