So, I live in kentucky and corn obviously is in season

So, I live in kentucky and corn obviously is in season.

Decided to have some fun with it.

Took the corn off the cobb after charring, saved the corn kernels. Used the cobs and made corn stock with it.

Then I took this pork butt with a basic smoke rub on it and smoked the shit out of it. Because fuck you, Im from the south.

Today I carved it up and made it into decent sized chunks.

>corn stock

I usually just throw the cobs into the compost pile and let the black solider fly larvae do the rest

One sweet onion, a red bell pepper, several stocks of celery and some carrots, all roughly chopped up, heated on fairly high in some butter, got some of those sugars to come out and caramelize on the bottom of the pot. Deglazed it with that corn stock, added my charred corn kernels and the pork.

There is still a ton of flavor in those cobs that you can get out. I used a mixture of white and sweet corn.

Finished product.

Threw in a sachet of rosemary and thyme. Obviously salt and pepper TT. Threw in some cayenne pepper too and gave it a pretty good kick that built until the last bite I was sweating a little bit. Parsley, green onions and paprika for garnish.

Smoked pork corn chowder

Not bad. Would've been more impressed with some pulled pork sliders and corn slaw.

yeah but pulled pork is what happens every time. I was trying to mix it up.

What part of KY? I like our farmer's markets. The heirloom tomatoes are great.

Lexington, BTW.

Lexington

had some super dope peaches from the downtown farmers market last weekend. Unfortunately I didnt pick up this corn from there. I got it from kroger, but they were advertised as local and had the kentucky proud so I still got some decently localish shit.

Not OP but Lexfag here as well.

either of you cook for work?

meant for

Nope, don't cook for work but I do like to eat.

No, but work does a bunch of potlucks and my colleagues like to talk food.

Some of them have farms, so, they gives us free range eggs.

Word. Yeah I cook at one of the downtown fine dining restaurants. Wont say which one though. Because Veeky Forums and all.

I like to grill corn and throw in some water-soaked mesquite or hickory to give it a bit of smoky flavour. I like a bit of char on some of the kernels.

Then I cut the kernels off and toss them with lime juice, chili powder, cilantro, feta cheese, maybe some black beans, black pepper, a bit of butter, etc.

It's a great side dish for BBQ food.

Good eating downtown but fuck do I hate going there. You guys ever go to farmers market on southland? Can get some great local stuff there

I live off campus so it's a walk, not a drive. The food culture hear is awesome. When Sav burned himself the outpouring was overwhelming.

>hear
*here. God dang.

Man working downtown has made me see lexington in such a different light then Im used to. (grew up on the south side of town off richmond rd). Super super appreciate that I go down there pretty much every day now.

Never been to Sav's, probably because I don't live in walking distance and avoid driving downtown like the plague. But I've heard it's great maybe it would be worth it.

Yeah savs is great. Sav's chill across the street which he also owns is one of the better ice cream spots in the city.

Downtown's great don't get me wrong, but it's the parking that is just horrendous, so I try to avoid it if all possible. I live right off of Alexandria dr, but not in the gross little mexican part.

I get a pistachio gelato milkshake.
>captcha is ice cream

lol

Man i live on alexandria too but closer to versailles road. Its not that bad dude. Plus Ramirez is over here. Im like three blocks up and its cheaper than chipotle/qdoba.

>Parking is horrendus

Dude the entirety of downtown is lined with spaces to park. Walk?

Saw him on the news a few weeks ago in front of the ice cream spot talking about not giving money to the homeless cause they all blow it on liquor and dope lol

Because thats exactly what they do. Fuck lexington homeless/beggars.

Yeah and I work until 4:30 so by the time I can make it downtown it's peak hours and none of the convenient parking is to be had, I don't care to walk a block or two to eat but not this summer since it rains every fucking day.

Yeah I agree, I never give them shit. Fucking panhandlers here make more money than I do

Yeah man, I was pokemanning downtown the other night and like 5 of those mother fuckers stopped me like mid-catch. I wanted to cut a nigga.

Are all of you native or are you nigger transplants from Detroit and Chicago? Working as a supervisor for a local franchise group I've seen our entry level positions flooded with these turds. It was spics and beaners first, now it's the nigs.

Pikeville and the mountains are looking awful appealing lately

Born and raised in lexington. Spent some time in texas.

PokeBastards.
And I'm actually East ky native myself, real close to pikeville. Do not move to east ky, it's a fucking cesspool. The people there are white-equivalents to niggers and beaners. Just dumbass drugies in every direction. Don't do it bro.

I'm white as mayonnaise. Moved to Lex from a smaller KY town.

I love you all, 40422 hurr

Holy shit, this has nothing to do with food or cooking, will you dixie faggots take it to

What do you think of the soup?

Well look and comment on my dope ass soup

s'okay, would've preferred hominy.

no

I'm interested in trying this

Do it, it takes some time but all the steps are simple.

Already did you compliment fishing faggot.

You three should all go fuck off.

lol calm you tits you fucking aspie. I picture you twitching you eye at the thought of off-topic conversation.

>reads all posts in thread
>gets mad about 3 people off topic
>decides to make himself 4th off topic person
fuck you

bump