Got some of this on impulse. What can/should I do with it?

Got some of this on impulse. What can/should I do with it?

put it on fucking everything

>steamed vegetables
>bit of soy
>lotta that

hnnng

mix it in some Asian food.

ramen

weebs get out

Good to see the Kfood fire in LA is spreading.
Make sure u grab the made in korea or US variety, chinaman brands just have slack food regulations.

You can use it as a dipping sauce for any vegetable, mix it with rice vinegar and a little bit of sugar to make sashimi dipping sauce (tho u can buy this in its state as 'chogochujang'), mix it in with rice and blanched vegetables to make bibimbop (add fried egg on top for swag), make soup with fish/garlic/korean daikon to make 'maeuntang'. Get creative nigga.

americucks get out

Read the ingredients, it's probably 60% cornstarch.

Otherwise, dilute it with mirin and use as a dipping sauce.

>bibimbop
>no dolsut

Pleb.

This is the specific brand I have, pic related.

Still, check ingredients. Most doenjang and gochujang brands are at least 50% filler, and not even that spicy anyway.

I like tho throw my chinese hot chili crisp or pawn chili paste in stir frys which I use as the base of the sauce for. Also like to just put it on as a condiment, especially on a good jook.

close. Typically it's made with a lot of rice starch as a thickening and fermenting agent.

I have the level 4 "very hot" variety. It isn't very hot but it's still hot. I like to mix it with water, soy sauce, garlic/ginger powder, brown sugar, and a few drops of sesame oil for use in stir fries. Could add red pepper flakes too.

In order, ingredients are Wheat Flour, Corn Syrup, Water, Hot Pepper Powder, Salt, Wheat, Cooking Rice Wine, Defatted Soybean Powder, Malt. This stuff is fermented and spicy/salty so it's pretty much never going to go bad if you put it in the fridge and should last quite a while out of it.

Bought this package about 6 months ago, will buy another one in a few weeks when it runs out.

soonchang is a good brand, if it's korean. it should list the country of origin for ingredients, and it usually uses rice or a mix of rice and wheat as a base for the paste.

u did good m8. mixit in with scrambled eggs for a kick if ur a poorfag.

>eating burnt rice
crunch your munch

Make Kimchi Jjigae, Korean chicken and potato stew, spicy fried pork or spicy fried squid.
Or like others are saying, steam some veggies and dip em in it. Gochujang is awesome stuff.

bump

lol if OP's a gochujang virgin, i wasn't expecting him to know what a dolsot was

Pleb my kimchi-flavored balls

It's directly from Korea, bought it at a local store owned by some Koreans, also got a yam. She told me how to cook it, nice lady.

you can add in water/barley tea once u get to this point in the meal(for nooroongji), the residual heat plus watercooks the browned rice and makes it soft enough to eat if ur a pussy

just trolling bro, pls no bully

combos well with peanut butter or u can make a marinade and sauce for a bbq entree or meatballs

Ask her for brand advice. If you bring her gifts in the form of tea or ginseng roots during the holidays, she will reward you with life advice and discounts, possibly invite you in for meals. Older Koreans from the motherland will enjoy the interest you have in the culture and will be eager to teach u the good stuff.

Yams r good sliced quarter inch thin for tempura. mix soy sauce and rice vinegar 1:1 ratio for dipping.

Not going to happen. She has a very cute daughter who works there and it makes me nervous enough to shop. Fuck that shit.

ur good senpai, it's my first time on this board. amused to see people making jokes about korean food :)

Hahahaha like the premise to a shitty Kdrama.
Honestly it's not a big deal to do that. Smile and do like a half bow while handing them the bag full of goodies with both hands. Heck, read up on Korean culture on wikipedia if u like the girl so much. Only for the parents, obviously. They'll dote on you for trying hard.

Hardmode if you're black/mexican/poor. Always exceptions tho.

Speaking of Korean food, I often get a package of freshly made gimbap at my local korean grocer. It's pretty good, but usually has too much sweet pickled radish (daikon? or is that the Japanese term) in it, so I end up taking most if it out and eating the rest. Just too sweet for me.

How much sweet pickled radish do you guys like in your gimbap?

Dude, no. She's literally actually attractive and I am only marginally so. I'm not going to act like some koreaboo in their store. Fuck sake dude.

mix with a bit of sugar, oil, cook with scallions and sticky rice cake (tteok, pronounced like duck but with a stressed D, like the d in d'oh of homer simpson) to make tteokbokki.

ask the qt korean daughter if she likes it. if she says yes, invite her for some tasty snackies.

If you get there while they make it, ask em to leave out the 'Dan Moo Jee' (sweet yellow daikon) and put it on the side. Bow lightly while greeting them. It's kinda dumb, but it's the culture. They'll probably do it for u even if u don't bow as long as ur not a dick about it. Say gam sah hab nee da to say thank you.

Make yangnyeom chicken

why do you have to torture me user? nice things don't happen for me. why would you try to make me think nice things would happen?

Also I mixed the gojuchang with a bit of fish sauce and oil, tastes good. going to put it on meatballs.

fuck dont stir fry yams what a waste
yams should be roasted with thyme/rosemary

YOLO bro. I grew up in Korea so I at least know how the minds of the parents work. Like I said, u at least have a shot if ur...on the paler side. Parents are half the battle. If they like you, she'll at least consider a date with you. Think My Big Fat Greek Wedding, when Mia has to meet all the cucks her parents bring in as bachelors. You can be that cuck, except you won't fuck it up like they did.

Are you white? Then you are already superior over her and her entire race. Walk in with your large white penis swinging and take charge. Asian people are like kids, treat them accordingly.

looks like someone's a gogooma tweegim virgin!
try it user, it's good shit. also pretty common in ur typical mc-chinas and mc-ushis in most neighborhoods of 'murica, kinda surprised u haven't seen it.

I said deep fry, not stir fry, baka

They understand English pretty well and always talk to me in English so it feels a bit strange to go talk to them in Korean. I have asked them to make a couple rolls specifically with less radish before, but I think that's kind of impolite when they already have a stack of recently made gimbap on the front counter, so I just buy that instead and take most of the radish out.

Was more interested in how other people like their gimbap, or if anyone else has made it before. Actually just barely rememberd, but my sister once bought some pickled radish, blanched some spinach, and put fried tofu and maybe some other things like egg/carrot/cucumber (I don't remember exactly) in some rolls, so we kind of made gimbap before I guess.

>so it feels a bit strange to go talk to them in Korean
Yeah don't do this.

looks like someone's trying hard to troll
kinda obvious but just in case,
if u actually listen to this shit, you will never, ever, get laid m8. unless they're into the whole 'zeig heil/anne frank' roleplay thing.

the base of any kimbap is just the plain dried laver sheets and lightly vinegared/wetted rice. look up tutorials on youtube. get creative. i've had bacon and eggs kimbop.

Just ask ahead of time if you're a usual customer. Not impolite at all to try to speak Korean (im from the motherland) as long as you're sincere. Will definitely bring u brownie points. Don't be a cuck, m8, try new things.

>tfw the first ingredient of my made-in-Korea gochujang is corn syrup

Holy shit, they like their hot paste sweet.

pic related
ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ

you know what?
im not even talking about yams

what we call yams here in NZ are actually Oca

ripperoni. check ingredient list next time senpai.

All is good friendo

NZ? stuck in middle of bumfuck nowhere for uni in jersey. I'd lose my left nut to live there. Been in NZ once around 2007. Fuckin gorgeous, totally worth the taxes. And earthquakes. And vegemite.

Anything for the rolling fields, snow-capped mountains, sheep(no beastiality pls), the korean reindeer farms (they just take the fucking antlers, rip), and beautiful kiwi grls.

pic related, looks like silkworm pupae lol

You can do it user. Nice things won't happen if u don't try. Worst case scenario, she politely declines.

Ask her if there are any good noraebangs around (kareoke) then suggest her joining in when u go with friends. B smooth.

only a koreaboo if you're a nervous wreck. cultured coolguy if ur cool about it.

I eat it as is but cautiously. It's always unrefrigerated.

Top right corner, hot dog taco?

Holy shit, why have I never seen one of these before?

Hot dog pancake taco. Sausage wrapped in pancake with sateed goodies inside.
Korea's relatively new to Mexican food. Even the popular fried chicken chain 'Mexicana' has nothing to do with it.

Any street market/streets around unis past 6pm have vendors start selling most, if not all of theses. Oden on a stick with the piping hot broth in the fall and winter is killer.

When in doubt, try.

Mix one part gochujang to seven parts mayo, like miso mayonnaise but pink and vaguely spicier. Apply to sandwiches, apply to french fries, apply to fish, apply to veggies, etc.

oden, pic related

ima try that shit, thnx user

you can do it you handsome devil you

I like makgeolli, Kooksoondang brand. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Korean food general? Korean food general.

rub it on your dick. it makes your hard as steel and you can last for hours!

ok how make?

Fried rice and mixing into plain rice is great. Also a great dipping sauce for plain tasting cooked meat.