Favorite living poets?

Favorite living poets?

pic related: mine

bump

I don't get poets.

They are just writers of short texts representing insights into being human, aren't they?

I feel you have to read a lot of peoples to find one to take home with you. To find one worth remembering. Thus it seems perceived quality of poets just directly correlates to how much you agree with the poets personal opinions about things.
Or are there actually insights to be gained from such short texts?

Don't get me wrong, I love witty lines, but it's just that it doesn't feel like more than that. Not really worth a genre.

Poetry is about intense, condensed aesthetic experience. It's about being able to use language to illicit emotions in the most compact way possible. Why read a whole novel when every page of poetry contains just as much?

Nicanor Parra, Homero Aridjis.

Any english language poets?

mine

She is a whore

Does anyone else think Ben Lerner's a faggot?

Debora Greger. She's very good. Anyone here going to University of Florida have her as a teacher?

noice. is that dudu?

Myself desu

>uf
I dropped out this semester

What was your major?

Engineering

oh nvm then

fuck uf

also
>2016
>reading female poets

This. English major?

i want to try to get some of my poetry published, what are some good poetry magazines to send my submissions to, or is it best to send it to competitions?
also, most of the big ones have like 3-6 months waiting time.

We have a tinychat if anyone is interested in talking to fellow readers.

We have a resident jazz musician and a resident brazilian

We may or may not read excerpts from poetry and the Journal of Albion Moonlight

No, history major at Middlebury. I hated formal English education in high school and coming here confirmed my suspicions that college English isn't much different, at least undergraduate.

Does anyone here read contemporary poetry?

Fuck

Bump

Was hoping for some good suggestions in here.

Anyone read Robert Fernandez?

Never heard of him but his stuff seems pretty interesting

bump

Her poetry is actually not that bad.

Mark my words. Someday I'm going to hate fuck her so hard and she is going to beg me for more. God damn it I can't stand her and want to bury my dick into her cunt as she wraps her legs around me and I fuck her against the wall and she bites my lower lip and tells me she loves me.

Fuck.

I think he's a poseur.

>i want to try to get some of my poetry published, what are some good poetry magazines to send my submissions to, or is it best to send it to competitions?

>also, most of the big ones have like 3-6 months waiting time.

Me too. I'm clueless. And yeah, the wait time feels insane and makes me not want to submit.

Post a poem of hers.

Also if you post your favorite living poet please post your favorite poem of theirs so I can judge them. I would really like to enjoy some contemporary poetry but haven't found any I like.
Thanks

I like this number.

Ezra Pound

Me too. I can't wait for what he's going to do next

Don Paterson

it's symmetrical

Bump

Peter Gizzi

Geoffrey Hill

JH Prynne

Bum

Palyndrome is the word you're looking forq

I think you're just mad that he won 600,000 dollars.

You beat me to Geoffrey Hill.

I also like Henri Cole a lot, but I'm biased because he lives in my neighborhood

Understandable