Redpill me on this man

redpill me on this man

>redpill

He's a lizard Jew who is trying to breed out whiteness by emasculating the white man and enslaving us all.

Deus vult

Dear Diary, to trigger a libcuck one must use pol vocabulary.

>le /pol/ bogeyman

/pol/ is always right

He's one of the greatest living authors despite an almost featureless (different from minimalist) style. The Remains of the Day is a masterpiece; Never Let Me Go, The Unconsoled, and The Buried Giant are all highly recommended as well.

reading Remains of the day right now, I can't believe a book was written by a japanese born guy in the 80s. it reads like something Victorian because of the narrator

This

He did grow up in the UK

Remains of the Day and Never Let me Go are both fantastic, emotionally piercing works without being overwrought with the usual drama that accompanies very emotional books.

For the life of me I cannot get in to The Buried Giant.

This guy gets it. He is super based. I also liked The Unconsoled. Shame about his latest; huge disappointment.

???

I was hoping for an /x/ redpill not /pol/

He's a jap that can actually write, unlike Murakami

What does The Remains of the Day mean? I mean, the title. It's like, what's left over, the remnants, of... the day? What's that mean? Is he talking about memory? Your memories are what remain of a day after it's done. Is that what he's talking about? Explain.

refers to poopoo peepee

What did he mean by this?

>Perhaps, then, there is something to his advice that I should cease looking back so much, that I should adopt a more positive outlook and try to make the best of what remains of my day

Or this, whatever, fuck Veeky Forums and fuck you

in the book the remains of the day was the free time jeeves had to do shit when work was finished. which was like 5 minutes before bed.

Oh, so it should've been called The Remainder of the Day, that would be more straightforward. Nobody says "What are you going to do with the remains of the day?" Although maybe they should because it's more poetic. Much to ponder...

they were British so they talk pretty gay. I guarantee they say "the remains of the day"

true

Definitive Ishiguro Power Ranking:

>Canonical masterpiece tier
The Unconsoled - S

>Beloved classic tier
The Remains of the Day - A+
The Buried Giant - A+

>Delightful intro tier
Cellists - A
Crooner - B

>Flawed but touching tier
Never Let Me Go - B+
>Novel experimentation tier
A Pale View of Hills - B
>Traditionally proficient tier
Artist of the Floating World - B-

>Flawed experimentation tier
When We Were Orphans - C
Nocturne - C
Come Rain or Come Shine - C-
Malvern Hills - C-

how is never let me go flawed?

>making a joke is the same as being triggered
Kek

Too sentimental and melodramatic. The speculative fiction/genre elements were a bit awkward and not as seamlessly integrated as they were in Buried Giant. Pacing wasn't as tight as it could be.

I actually agree with you RE Never Let Me Go, though I think that Buried Giant had issues as well. Largely I think these relate to its subject matter (collective amnesia - how do you make a memorable story about people who don't remember?), but they are issues nonetheless.

I think that Remains of the Day is clearly his best work - there isn't a single misplaced word or thought, it's pacing is perfect, and its conclusion is just absolutely devastating. The Unconsoled is.... different. I struggle when determining where it should be ranked among his works.

Also, I think you have "Artist of the Floating World" ranked too low there. It's a very, very good work, and much better than most other Veeky Forumserary authors' best.

Artist of the Floating World is a bit heavy handed. I speculate he was overcompensating for the unintentional abstruseness of A Pale View of Hills.

The Unconsoled is a masterpiece.