My brother just died. any books to help

My brother just died. any books to help

Sorry for your loss.

The Song of Everlasting Sorrow

The Turner Diaries

Sorry to hear that user, rip to your brother. I suggest going on poetry foundation and looking through there. A novel might be too much right now, but it's up to you.

Books won't help you with this one, friend. You have to turn to your emotions and feel it out. I have felt exactly what you are going through. It gets easier but so much harder. Try your best to look back at the happy moments and try your hardest not to remember the times you wish you could have changed, the things you wish you would have said, ignore these thoughts. Take this in now and it will save you so much trouble in the future. Sorry, OP.

trump - the art of the deal

Your Diary T|3H

Kafka is good for bad things happening.

This

Necromancy? That shit doesnt work dude.

the Bible

but how did he die? at his own hand? write some prose piece about it for us

This

Sorry for your lost OP. And it's not a book but Tree of Life might help a little.

why are you posting this on Veeky Forums though? Why aren't you with your brother?

because he died...

sorry for your loss OP

why do you feel comfortable sharing that with this place? especially saying
>just died
how long ago?

im not the op i just reiterated what he said

VII
Dark house, by which once more I stand
Here in the long unlovely street,
Doors, where my heart was used to beat
So quickly, waiting for a hand,

A hand that can be clasp'd no more—
Behold me, for I cannot sleep,
And like a guilty thing I creep
At earliest morning to the door.

He is not here; but far away
The noise of life begins again,
And ghastly thro' the drizzling rain
On the bald street breaks the blank day.

Fuck man. I'm sorry for your loss. Forget the books and go be with someone.

only the Nekronomicon, the black book of the dead, can help you, and trust me, it isn't worth it

Know that literature's ultimate lesson is ti teach empathy, but that ultimate empathy. The kind of empathy that doesn't have a direction, but is instead felt passively, for all the suffering felt by everyone. Know that everyone who has learned this, even the people that aren't in this thread, feel for you. Read anything good. Read Shakespeare. R.I.P.

my condolences user

Rest in pizza.

franny and zooey

Scared you're next? Read white noise for more information

you're alright

Stay strong, man.

Catcher in the rye

feels bad... man.

Im sorry for your loss user, I know how it is to lose a sibling. When I lost my sis I read the girl who circumnavigated fairyland to help, because it reminded me of her, she loved whimsy so much. Try to think of what your brother liked and choose off of that?

Start with the Greeks!

But seriously though, sorry for your loss user that really sucks. It hurts so bad when a close family member that you really love dies. I hope you can find some kind of peace and enough strength to deal with this.

The Brothers Lionheart.

I realize this is a joke but Trump does actually talk about coping with the death of his brother in it

STRONG Son of God, immortal Love,
` Whom we, that have not seen thy face,
` By faith, and faith alone, embrace,
Believing where we cannot prove;

Thine are these orbs of light and shade;
` Thou madest Life in man and brute;
` Thou madest Death; and lo, thy foot
Is on the skull which thou hast made.

Thou wilt not leave us in the dust:
` Thou madest man, he knows not why;
` He thinks he was not made to die;
And thou hast made him: thou art just.

Junky by William Burroughs
this is the time for you to become the heroin poet you always wanted to be

The greatest elegies written in English are

Milton's "Lycidas" (1637)
Dryden's "Ode on Mrs Killigrew" (1686)
Shelley's "Adonais" (1822)
Tennyson's "In Memoriam" (1850)

Liber Falxifer (vol I and II)

poetry

screencap and submit to Veeky Forums banners please.

Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankel.

The Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

The Brothers Karamazov

Niecheze lol or spoooky book by his own. All the meme you can get.

Is that Messi

that's a fucked up children's book.

:(

Sorry for your loss, OP

The parable of the lost son

Sorry for your loss.
Everybody deals with grief differently, but I'd recommend something engaging that you can become invested in. A pageturner will ease your mind and focus your thought and feelings into something else. Bonus points if it's long or a series.

Books can help with emotional healing and self-understanding, but at least in my case only once some distance has been adquired with the events. Other than that it will only amplify your current emotions.

Source: I spent the first couple of days after my mothers death glued to some shitty fantasy doorstopper. I was like 12 and a pleb so you may want to try something better, but still long. Off the top of my head, The Count of Monte Cristo sounds like a good contender, or maybe the Savage Detectives.

Mein Kampf