You will never raid a McDonald's with Dave

>you will never raid a McDonald's with Dave
>you will never discuss you childhood, hopes, and failures with him late at night, hopped up on Coca-Cola
>you will never anxiously introduce yourself and your writing to him while both of you are trembling in abject anxiety over each other's first impression
>you will never talk about entertainment and art with Dave as you wait for lit qts to show up inside the Mall of America
>you will never smugly snicker at his witticisms which went over the head of everybody else around you
>you will never discuss loneliness and beauty as a corny 80s action show flickers in the background
>you will never put your hand on his shoulder as he shared a powerful memory from his troubled past

What's the fucking point of living if I'll never get to hang out with David Foster Wallace?

I was about to make an incredibly ironic statement concerning his suicide, but then I Dave'd.

To be completely unironical here, I don't think that I would really be that excited for a meetup with Dave.
He seems like he was a really shitty person overall.

I miss dave

plus he couldn't really write, nor think, nor had he any discernable talent at all

What movie is this?

Airheads

I can't believe I didn't see him at the moa, I wasn't in to lit then rEeeeeeeeeeee

Robocop 2

That's an odd thing to say

>you will never cover for him when he starts perspiring and say you too were just out jogging

>too

thats it lads im out

>raid a McDonald's
>hopped up on Coca-Cola

What are:::drugs???

he was actually bothered by all the people that thought they were kindred spirits. you never would have hung out op.

Unless OP was a hot chick.

and there's something terribly sad and banal about that

That's the point of the thread:

>you will never

>hopped up on coke

OP was being ironic.

>you will never spend a Saturday morning cycling along wide empty streets to a local tennis court shimmering in the heat
>you will never wipe your sweaty brow and share a bottle of Gatorade with a qt from your yeargroup wearing a crisp white tennis outfit
>you will never spend rainy days sitting in front of your father's library as he introduces you to literature and the academic work he does
>you will never eat dinner with your small close family discussing cultural events and making high-brow jokes, subconsciously and securely aware that your future is likely to be very prosperous with the support of such a successful and encouraging family
>you will never enter Amherst and smoke weed and edit a comedic magazine with your friend and spend your free time at the library or jogging in a baggy grey sweatshirt with the Amherst logo in red and white sneakers with elasticated white socks pulled up your shins
>you will never rent a room with your college buddies and hook up with a cute blonde girl who finds your affected Midwestern manners cute and appealing
>you will never have the manuscript to your debut Pynchon-esque novel accepted by your faculty as a part of your degree submission and have it earn you a place in a prestigious creative writing grad program
>you will never be famous at the age of 24 having released a book that is comic and sad in equal measure and which assists in portraying you as a hip, intelligent, hilarious young author
>you will never spend your twenties kicking around not having to work while reading all the time and attending parties and readings and dating multiple women
>you will never attend a halfway house and make friends with a cool guy from the wrong side of the tracks and live a Will Hunting-esque life in Boston while writing notes for what will be your defining literary work
>you will never spend the decade thereafter teaching creative writing part-time and bedding students and dating a qt loyal arty girlfriend who you go on to live with in a suburb near your job at Pomona College
>you will never appear on national television to discuss your work and the work of David Lynch et al. and be praised both for your clear erudition and your down-to-earth average Joe persona
>you will never be worshiped by college-aged kids of both genders for your wit and humour and profound take on contemporary culture and the burdens of a highly performative identity therein
>you will never then ride the wave of late Naughties Meme Culture in a way that is not derogatory or dismissive of your works

Be the person David wanted to be.

a dead one?

Wow that's stupid