John Green hate quarantine (#2)

Please confine all John Green hate to this thread. Thank you.

Has anyone here ever visited John Green Stadium in Thames, London?

No. What's it bad?

i hate john green

>john green

But John Green is fucking great. I'm kind of new here, so I don't really know, but do people really have a problem with him or is that just a meme?

worst bait I've seen in weeks

Honestly name one thing that's wrong with him. Literally one thing!

So name something that you don't like about him if I'm baiting so hard.

his writing is definitely good for YA. and I unironically agree with his progressive views on gender and sexuality

pandering, cliché'd, wankfests desu.
john green only writes to write about what he wishes he could have experienced as a teenager.

Ur fucked kid lol

The horde is coming

>I unironically agree with his progressive views on gender and sexuality

So if Green is writing about a fantastic teenage life but still providing the realities of life's problems at that age, what's wrong?

What do you like instead?

Ere it cums!!!!!

Ohboy

Joyce is better.

You're just a hater. Haters make us famous

No, it just surprises me that John Green owns his own soccer stadium in London.

So James Joyce wrote a better coming of age book set in the 2000's than John Green did? Doubt it.

>but still providing the realities of life's problems at that age
He's not though.

John Green hasn't been a teenager in forever, and it's super obvious. His characters don't act like teenagers, more like stereotypes of them, not to mention the fact that in most of his books they're more like "lolsoquirkyxd" fanfic characters than actual people. seriously, read some dialogue from his books. nobody fucking talks like that.

I've read a few of his books, and I thought that the young genius character who has only dated girls named Katherine was totally relateable.

It's almost like he was writing about my life!

I fucked your mom(s) the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once

No, Joyce wrote a better YA novel tenfold the literary merit of anything Greenhouse could dream of conscious, a century of years in the past.

KEK'D

Maybe, but in 2016, which of those two guys is writing better ya fiction?

That sounds terrible. Who wrote that?

We could dig up Joyce's maggoty skeletal corpse, tie a pen to its decaying hand, and whatever was scrawled limply and jaggedly across the page when we let the hand go would STILL be better than anything John Green has ever written.

>I unironically disagree with John Green's progressive views on gender and sexuality

We have a cuck over here, Hank.

But it would just be a scrawl. It wouldn't be YA fiction.

So John Greene is better hah!

Presented without comment.

It's poetic

Hes sensitive, lots of girls like that

This is the John Green quarantine. The Hank Green quarantine is down the hall and on your left. Thanks.

I don't get it. Is this supposed to be erotic?

well spook'd

More like John Meme at this point.

It's supposed to be a simile or something but it fails because it doesn't make sense.

More like John Peen'd (your daughter)

it makes perfect sense. see

I'd bet $4 he's shitposted his fair share on Veeky Forums at one point

how can one man look so retarded and gay?

What if he's reading this thread right now?

How do you think he and his brother know we call them cucks so much?

I've tweeted, tumblr'd, texted, and even called them to let them know all about how big of cucks they are. They always block me but they never succeed.

Isn't he that guy that says 'I'm the library. Step on it.'

"Step on the library? I'm on it." was the quote I think

It's a metaphor.

>Veeky Forums is filled with Trump supporters
You really are new here

>john green will never step on you at a cereal store

John Green is my man.

those poor reds

>Implying
I bet you also think Infinite Jest and Mason & Dixon are "masterpieces"

How could you refute someone whose book is #1 on the New York Times Bestseller list?

John Green is the greatest young adult fiction writer of our time.

>Oh, you don't agree with me politically? I bet you fucking read bad books then faggot.

Typical Trumper fan

By being #0 on the New York Times Bestseller list.

>Bestseller

Don't you know that if one other person likes a book, it becomes shit.

Popularity equals shit, because reasons

U know who else was popular? Stalin

You know that author you know about that's bad? Hes popular

The way to find the best books is to aggressively hunt them down at yard sales, that way you know nobody has read them

Just like my virgin hentai waifu, as soon as someone knows a book before me, it's useless.

Being popular means it is easy to enjoy. I don't know if I could enjoy a John Green book and I'm really not looking into it doing so. He's a childish man with childish ideas.

Have you read one?

I've seen his Youtube videos. That's enough for me.

Has he ever released a definitive list of his favorite books?

What Joyce book is YA?

Ulysses

>"The thing Alaska did next scared and shocked and surprised me in a way nothing had ever ever scared or shocked or surprised me until that moment, a moment which lasted no longer than one sharp intake of breath but one I have no doubt will last my entire life. She said 'I love you'. Not 'You're cool' or 'I had a really fun time' or 'Do you always kiss like that?' I love you. As in 'I, Alaska Young, love you, Miles Halter'. As in 'I Alaska Young have not only noticed that you Miles Halter exist but I positively adore the fact that you do'. I exhaled. Alaska did too and for the first time I realized she was as scared as I was of admitting the way she felt. I stepped forward and held her hips. 'Are you sure?' I asked. 'I think so!' she replied, smiling. I must have pushed her backwards because just then her body nudged the lightswitch and the room became as dark as my life was without Alaska in it. Laughing, she slipped out of my grasp and disappeared somewhere inside the room. I reached out like a blind man searching for the object that might grant him sight. Truly, I was Looking for Alaska."

Not that user, but if you are surprised by this board being filled with /pol/, you're the new one. It was only in the last year that the Christfags jumped ship to Veeky Forums

fuckkkkkkkkk my shit up familia

>Alaska
>Miles
>Hazel
>Augustus

Nigga's name is John.

Further proof that this fag writes his own escapism.

I completely thought this was real until the last sentence. I'm still not sure about the rest of it.

lmao I was thinking the same thingwhat the fuck is up with this ugly duckling's head shape? and hairline. and ears. and everything.

>the room became as dark as my life was without Alaska in it
how clumsy. how can even children read this and not puke

I'm not saying Jogn Green is good, but is that concept necessarily bad in and of itself?

I don't have a reaction image that depicts how hilarious and disgusting that is, so here's a Windows sample picture.

Fucking hell.

Yikes. It's even worse because that actually passes for his writing.

kek'd

Throwing in some coal.

Can someone tell me what the hell a "nerdfighter" is?

His writings are bad, but his videos on history are awful anti-historical bullshit. He has no training or talent for it, and he needs to stop doing it now.

her tits look like somebody put a bra over a rolled up towel

>he let John fuck his teen wife
true story

>Not practicing Prima Nocta with your family.

You're the weird one here.

John's kind of escapism is so blatantly obsessive and self serving that it is ridiculous. Every story is about a quirky misunderstood and pop-culture referential protagonist with a funky name reaching some kind of social, romantic, or sexual awakening because some equal quirky individual(s) penetrate their shyness and sweep them off their feet.

You can't tell me that this isn't a middle aged man fantasizing about the high school life he wished he had.

bump

He's a protofascist skinwalker that seems to writhe about from movement to movement with all the grace and precision of rigor mortis and disguises some, to be frank, disgusting illusions behind a thin veneer of liberal tolerance.

All of these words yet so little said.

>good for young adult
It doesn't mean much to be "good" in a genre that exists solely to appease undeveloped and handicapped thinkers. Young Adult is essentially equivalent to just slapping "for retards" on the cover of a novel: there is no dignity in reading this shit unless you are young and trying to work on basic literacy.

I'd like to add to this; you say that these books are useful for those who are still developing basic literacy, but I honestly can't see how someone who is able to read and understand Green's shit with some degree of ease would have any real trouble with the majority of "classic" literature out there. I think YA is more of an issue in the sense that it promotes a style of reading that is just as sophisticated and challenging as watching a chick flick, except the readings will absolutely never come to terms with that realization because they are still nonetheless reading and therefore have the inherent impression that they are doing something smart. We live in a society where people read so seldomly, they get praised for reading literally anything that resembles a book.

*except the readers

pretty good famalam

This guy is the bane of my existence and the fact that his taste in bands is the same as mine makes me shudder.
Pic related, it's obvious he likes John Darnielle because JD does so many of the same things Green does, (write about quirky, troubled teens) only in a much more artful way.

I honestly doubt Green has listened to anything besides The Sunset Tree, and MAYBE some of the edgier songs off Tallahassee

After reading this post, I let out a short, sustained kek, the memory of which will last me a lifetime of nostalgia. This kek was so great in amplitude as to bring joy to thousands of families within its radius. Bless you, user. Good fortune and peace be upon you for all eternity.

So John Green is a good author by the virtue of simply being alive?

you got me good user

>tfw entry-Veeky Forums
>tfw scared that my writing skills are equal to John Green's
>tfw it's so hard to tell when you've only read a few screenshots of his works for comparison

I didn't know the guy who wrote Wolf in the White Van was in a band.