I thought this was supposed to be difficult?

I thought this was supposed to be difficult?

nice pussy. oh, and the cat aint bad either

he aight

>5 Canadian dollars
You should convert that into something that's more stable long term.
like milk

No, that's just a normie meme, like the way Infinite Jest or Moby Dick is supposed to be difficult

U must b into spooks

Reading Moby Dick now and the hard thing is putting up with constant unending sentences about things I'm unfamiliar with, which contain references to things I don't know, using words i don't know.
Sometimes I have to just keep reading, knowing that the last paragraph was lost on me in all but the simplest of ways.

>tfw you start reading a book and realise that for some reason everyone else on Veeky Forums is reading it at the same time for some reason (although in this case the book is a famous and often posted one, you've noticed a sudden spike and every man and his cat is talking about it) and it's gonna look like you're just following the trends like some shallow pseud, and maybe you are, although unintentionally, maybe you subconsciously decided to read it based on seeing it posted more and more on this venetian glass-blowing discussion board and you're just like everyone else, but maybe that's ok, because really it's a good book, and what's wrong with being like everyone else, we're all human, but you have no idea if you actually possess any critical discernment any more

This happened to me with Stoner and Blood Meridian.

:3 So cute and fluffy.

u proly summoned for the bosses fgt

This is me and Blood Meridian. But it's more because someone was interested in buying that novel from me, and I was wondering whether to part with it.

?

same lol

wait if you weren't talking about his cat, what did you mean by pussy?

its a widely read book and its read in high schools so it can't be that bad. you can't really say the first two chapters are straight forward though

It is if you went to an american public school.

Let me guess, you are not from the U.S. or you went to a private school.

He is referring to Dark Souls, a video game series known for its difficulty especially when it comes to boss fights.
In the game you can summon other players to help during boss fights if you choose to.
This is generally considered to be a shitty little baby thing to do as you are getting help for the hard part instead of improving your ability, aka gitting gud.
Also, fgt means faggot.
Since he put that at the end of a statement directed toward, and about you, he is calling you a faggot.

*hug*

Nothing in life is difficult.

I still haven't read 1984, because since elementary school, always someone brought it up in nearby conversation, and I didn't want to be "that guy who didn't even read 1984 and only started reading it because other people were talking about it"

I have yet to read 1984.

It's not even that great honestly. Babby-tier dystopia.

I didn't like it at all. I didn't even know anything about it, except it was mentioned that it was a "stream of consciousness" book. The incest aspect was kind of interesting.

There is really no way you can fully appreciate that book on your own your first time through. There is so much cryptic shit in there with layers of meaning.

This happened to me with Ulysses and Mason and Dixon already this year. I have a copy of sound and the fury on my desk right now, I've been urged to read it by my sister, who is finishing up a faulkner class she took this semester.

so read it. you can read it in like 3 days

Underrated post.

I read Animal Farm to see if 1984 would be worth it

It was surprisingly mediocre, the allegory was just so overt it did nothing for me