Just finished The Name of the Rose and wondered if anybody wanted to stop cyclically navel gazing over Turgenev...

Just finished The Name of the Rose and wondered if anybody wanted to stop cyclically navel gazing over Turgenev, Pynchon and DFW and have a discussion on the late great Umberto Eco.

you start

I love his work.

And the Apostilles to pic related are an amazing piece of literature insight.

italian dan brown

why did you use last names until umberto?

He's reddit-tier

more like DUMBERTO ECO

this is the cancer

>cyclically navel gazing over Turgenev, Pynchon and DFW
>Turgenev
did this autocorrect from Tao Lin?

lmao

someone give this man an upvote and buy him gold

this board is basically a subreddit now

just the opposite.

who the fuck navel gazes over Turgenev

As if this board would talk about a different russian author then tolstoy and dostovesky.

Gogol is much more enjoyable than the trite christposting of those two.

I guess not OP

I can't stop navel gazing for too long, there's a Sean Connery film on about a monk's protege creaming inside of one of the young savage girls.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through , and I'm finding it to be a very comfy, enjoyable read. Especially as someone who once studied Scholastic philosophy intensely, it's just fun.

If you happen to enjoy the elements of Scholastic philosophy found throughout, you should check out Eifelheim. Sure, it's dirty genre fiction but what's not to love about a Catholic priest trying to understand FTL using his knowledge of Aristotle and Augustine?

it was fun but now that he's dead everybody's going to read him

i have a copy of Baudolino on my shelf.
worth a read?

Very much! It's more quixotic adventure than Name Of The Rose, highly enjoyable

dat disguised Wittgenstein quote in Name Of The Rose

I've been reading Eco's essays and they're very much hit and miss, lots of stuff on 80s Italy I really don't care about.

Nevertheless, the only Eco I'd stay clear of is Mysterious Flame Of Queen Loanna, it's Eco being nostalgic about his youth, no-one needs that.

Thanks, appreciated.

>wants to get into Umberto Eco
>reads The Name of the Rose and possibly even other fiction works

WHY ARE YOU SUCH A FUCKING BURGER