Coffee thread

Coffee thread.

Which beans are on sale this week?

I already made a thread, you git

Whats the difference between an aeropress and a French press?

I spend $7.50 a week for gas station coffee. How much do y'all spend in a week for your coffee at home all things considered?

French press needs coarse grinds, water at 200°F (93.33°C), and 5 minutes to extract before pressing.

The pressing only filters out the grinds.

Aeropress can use fine or medium fine grinds, water between 175°F - 180°F (79°C - 82°C), and needs 40 - 60 seconds of stirring and 30 seconds of pressing.

Max yield is only around 10 fl oz (296 ml), but it's pretty damn strong.

probably $1 a week

i just buy giant 3lb cans of folgers and they last me months

I have a confession to make. My current favorite way to drink coffee is to microwave a mug of water, add pulverized coffee, stir and let the coffee fall to the bottom and drink it without filtering.

Got a french press yesterday, ordered these today.

Never drank coffee until last week, but the appetite suppressant effect in the mornings has tremendously helped my weight loss goals.

Ranch Style is always on sale

im making some Folgers in my yummy target machine.

I've been doing cold brew in a french press the last month or so, it's godly.

You could just use a blade grinder, it's pretty much the same thing.

cheapo burr grinders have plastic parts and you just end up grinding them away and eating plastic

Also that brand is really overpriced on amazon

What ratio should I be using for coldbrew? I was reccomended 1:8, but it seems incredibly weak with the java beans I'm using. And it doesn't last half as long as I'd like.

that sounds amazing, techinique/recipe

How long are you letting it sit? I do about 1:8 and it's pretty strong, but I let mine sit overnight at minimum. I did cut to 1:12 once and that shit was like tea.

Coffee of choice (You are the Eliot Ness of your press), I'm hooked on H-E-B San Antonio and Houston styles, in a roughly 1:8 coffee to water ratio, stir, let sit overnight, press in the morning and enjoy.

I spend maybe 15$ a month?
I buy a pound of decent shit from the farmers market and drink it sparingly.

Haha, you've been usurped

leave in fridge or counter, then chill?

I leave it in the fridge, and just pour directly in the morning. I can't stand ice in coffee.

thank you, will try it out

220-413 a week
I dont fuck around when it comes to coffee

400 dollars?

Ice kills any notion of indigestion if you're into american crap. I don't drink coffee any more but I prefer it black with sugar and ice.

Fuck, I spend that much for my entire month's grocery bill.