Tell me about unrequited love, anons

Tell me about unrequited love, anons

>be me
>fall for qt
>qt seems interested
>act aloof and disinterested
>qt moves on
>be sad

I took a leap of faith and carried on loving her, hoping she would come back, till I died.

>be ugly

thats it

it's not an intense pain. it's just the feeling of wanting to be closer to her than you know you will ever be.

that infinite capacity for illusion

Loving, regardless. Contra friendship, reciprocity isn't necessary in love. Just love, user. Love them the way they are, distant. Stop trying to change people in order to make them fit your idea of a happy life.

here's my unique take on it.

i've been with the same girl for three years and she talks about marriage and shit all the time and i know for a fact that i don't love her but i'm too scared that i'll never find another to break up with her so we'll probably end up married and she may never in her life know that i don't actually love her at all because i'm very good at settling.

i suspect i wouldn't be able to love anyone regardless since i definitely don't love myself and they say that's the first step. unfortunately it's tough to love myself when i do shit like see above. a endless loop.

smell nice and have a decent haircut user. das it

i though that love would last forever: i was wrong.

why does love morph into hate what the flow of feels turns out to be unidirectional? do you really love that person or do you love the idea of them loving you?

I love someone who stopped replying after I told him that I love him. It's been 3 months and I'm still waiting for them to reply. I don't love myself, though.

Why?

societal standards kind of exclude one-sided relationships from the canon of love.

it's true that nothing is true and etc. but let's be real here. if we gave unidirectional affection the same credit as mutually loving relationships society would crumble.

>be me
>22, good job, have a great qt3.14 stalking target
>#blessed

Iktf my nizzle

they don't have the same credit but let us try to make outcasts' lives slightly more bearable

Why what?

I love you she-user/gay user/transgendered thing

once u embrace capitalism u gonna be too busy for that kind of shit, i just don't give a shit about pussy anymore, i'm like gay for capital, still gonna get a wife eventually so someone can inherit my shit, but i don't care if i'm in love or not or even if she's hot, just as long as she'll be a good mother to my kids

She closed her eyes and opened her mouth, leaning back on the cushion, one felted foot on the floor. The wooden floor slanted, a little steel ball would have rolled into the kitchen. I knew all I wanted to know. I had no intention of torturing my darling. Somewhere beyond Bill's shack an afterwork radio had begun singing of folly and fate, and there she was with her ruined looks and her adult, rope-veined narrow hands and her goose-flesh white arms, and her shallow ears, and her unkempt armpits, there she was (my Lolita!), hopelessly worn at seventeen, with that baby, dreaming already in her of becoming a big shot and retiring around 2020 A.D.--and I looked and looked at her, and knew as clearly as I know I am to die, that I loved her more than anything I had ever seen or imagined on earth, or hoped for anywhere else. She was only the faint violet whiff and dead leaf echo of the nymphet I had rolled myself upon with such cries in the past; an echo on the brink of a russet ravine, with a far wood under a white sky, and brown leaves choking the brook, and one last cricket in the crisp weeds . . . but thank God it was not that echo alone that I worshipped. What I used to pamper among the tangled vines of my heart, mon grand pèchè radieux, had dwindled to its essence: sterile and selfish vice, all that I canceled and cursed. You may jeer at me, and threaten to clear the court, but until I am gagged and half-throttled, I will shout my poor truth. I insist the world know how much I loved my Lolita, this Lolita, pale and polluted, and big with another's child, but still gray-eyed, still sooty-lashed, still auburn and almond, still Carmencita, still mine; Changeons de vie, ma Carmen, allons vivre quelque part oû nous ne serons jamais sèparès; Ohio? The wilds of Massachusetts? No matter, even if those eyes of hers would fade to myopic fish, and her nipples swell and crack, and her lovely young velvety delicate delta be tainted and torn--even then I would go mad with tenderness at the mere sight of your dear wan face, at the mere sound of your raucous young voice, my Lolita.

"Lolita," I said, "this may be neither here nor there but I have to say it. Life is very short. From here to that old car you know so well there is a stretch of twenty, twenty-five paces. It is a very short walk. Make those twenty-five steps. Now. Right now. Come just as you are. And we shall live happily ever after."
Carmen, voulez-vous venir avec moi?
"You mean," she said opening her eyes and raising herself slightly, the snake that may strike, "you mean you will give us [us] that money only if I go with you to a motel. Is that what you mean?"
"No," I said, "you got it all wrong. I want you to leave your incidental Dick, and this awful hole, and come to live with me, and die with me, and everything with me" (words to that effect).
"You're crazy," she said, her features working.
"Think it over, Lolita. There are no strings attached. Except, perhaps--well, no matter." (A reprieve, I wanted to say but did not.)
"Anyway, if you refuse you will still get your . . . trousseau."
"No kidding?" asked Dolly.
I handed her an envelope with four hundred dollars in cash and a check for three thousand six hundred more. Gingerly, uncertainly, she received mon petit cadeau; and then her forehead became a beautiful pink. "You mean," she said, with agonized emphasis, "you are giving us four thousand bucks?" I covered my face with my hand and broke into the hottest tears I had ever shed. I felt them winding through my fingers and down my chin, and burning me, and my nose got clogged, and I could not stop, and then she touched my wrist.
"I'll die if you touch me," I said. "You are sure you are not coming with me? Is there no hope of your coming? Tell me only this."
"No," she said. "No, honey, no."
She had never called me honey before.
"No," she said, "it is quite out of the question. I would sooner go back to Cue. I mean--"
She groped for words. I supplied them mentally ("He broke my heart. You merely broke my life").

I once knocked a girl out for rejecting me. Good thing nobody saw me. Fucking cunts I swear

She wants to be friends again, I don't want that.

Now I am avoiding her, but I don't know how long that can go on.

She told me she didn't love or wasn't ready to do it. We stayed as friends, after a while I managed to stop feeling like trash and convinced myself I didn't really need her.
Last week we went to a symphonic orchestra concert and half-way though she held my arm and didn't let go of it until we each went home.
Now I'm just confused.

thank you

don't do it, friendzone is beta as shit

>act aloof and disinterested

this never works user what were you thinking

same here. The moment you realize you're not trash at all, but she is not desired by me anymore.

>having an unrequited love
>past the age of 18

the older I get, the more I think and feel like you.

it's called growing up, dude, you're becoming a man...

it's like a warehouse for unwanted stuff. Rather get thrown away than be put there in her pity.

I'm in love but he keeps ignoring me due to his fears of me getting bored with him like all the other women. Fml

Yeah I know.

I would really love to have her again though.

that's the nail that keep you there. Hoping for a possibility which will never come. Move on man. Statistically, we are all the fucking same, controlled by trend and meme. You will find someone else who is exactly like her, I can guarantee that. Let logic guide your way, don't let your short-sighted dick do that.

>been working on myself to become more confident and outgoing
>she gets a boyfriend
>he's literally a beta autist who is obsessed with trains

No idea. It's a stupid habit I have. One time a girl showed obvious interest in me and the next time I saw her I wore an angry facial expression and stared at the ground when walking past her. I liked her a lot but this was my reaction. I'm fucking stupid.

There isn't really anything keeping me there other than not knowing how to deal with it, I've known her for so long too.

Fuck, that's embarassing.

I'm incapable of feeling love because of my mental disorder.

you ave no feels m8

My heart hurts anons

>fall in love
>do nothing
>drink and play the guitar
>it's too late today, I probably won't see her anymore
though i'll keep looking for her

>he fears he'll get bored. That's why he doesn't want me.

I know that feel. The only difference is that my crush fell for a guy who has an unhealty obsession with LoTR. He made one his former roomates, one of my friends, watch the movies in order, for 2 weeks.

since when did /lit become /adv?

finding your soul mate is one thing
keeping her is another thing entirely
i miss you khadijah

Do you consider it good or bad? Are you speaking of romantic love or all the other forms of affection? Can you find joy in other things?

Jessica Raine Moser aka Booger Chan.

I'm sorry bro

I'm a short and ugly man with a disagreeable temperament. Unrequited love is likely the only sort of love I'll ever experience, as I only seem to become more repulsive and less sociable as I get older. But don't get me wrong. I have no self-pity. I don't mind having to appreciate women from a distance. My image of them is hardly ever ruined this way, allowing me to maintain a sort of romantic outlook most people seem to outgrow early on, and I don't have to deal with the inevitable messiness most people deal with. It's possible I tell myself these things in order to cope with my position in life, but, whatever the case, it's what I believe. Unrequited love isn't so bad - at least not if you don't allow yourself to be overcome with a desire to be with the person you love. In my experience, when being with the person you love seems an absolute impossibility, you don't develop that desire to be together that makes so many people miserable.

Same here. My girlfriend is pretty crazy and I might end up marrying her just to not have to go through a break up that will last over a year

terrible filename. fuck you

fuck

:(

It's how I feel about myself

>Tell me about unrequited love
A forbidden fruit in which you will never taste

I do know that feeling.

Great literature thread. Hi five m8s!

I had an experience with the so called "love at first sight". It was awful.
Four years of suicidal misery over a girl i barely knew. I still have no idea what she did to me; we never kissed, only held hands and danced for a while but i guess my sweaty cold hands turned her off and for the first time i wept; for the first time in nine long years i wept and i balled my poor bloody eyes out like a pathetic dirty hobo denied of a well earned lunch, and oh boy that was the first and the last time I've fell in love. It's a bittersweet thing.

if you really wanna know

The anima is a lying whore. Woe be to the man who finds her real world counterpart for he is now trapped. She is the soul image which should remain unattainable. She's a white girl who showed me mercy. Who saw passed my flaws. Who clipped my wings and brought me back to earth. Because of her I cried a million tears and wrote a million sorrowful songs. It wasn't me who lied to the devil you see... I tried so hard to be free from all my mortal sins.

We fell apart. What I'd give for another start. A path back to heart. A new place to begin. God save me from my sins. My bones rattle in the wind.

I tried. Come back. Waste this life with me. No chance. Betrayed. There's nothing left to say. Drown the stars. Kill the gods. Cut out my dying heart. I tried. Come back.

And I cried at the loss of possibilities. My formative years now become barren ash. She a ghost. Her toxic vapor wringing tears from my tired eyes. Indifference. That's the final death. She's indifferent to you. She's fallen in love countless times since you last spoke. She belongs to the world and you to her ghost.

Unrequited ain't the right word. She gave you a million chances but the butterflies made you sick so I drowned them with hundred proof liquor and made a fool of myself because of it. Now I write in the off chance that she sees my name in print. Looks back at who I was and who I became and that indifference dies. The rotting flesh nourishing new life. I used to know him when we were young is what she'll say and my words and songs will shake her guts the way her cold gray eyes tore mine apart.

No user this path lies ruin. Get out and live your life. Settle if you have to. Don't do as I have and torment yourself with the memories of a long gone friend.

>i suspect i wouldn't be able to love anyone regardless since i definitely don't love myself and they say that's the first step.
nope. i hate myself but am very much in love

>Now I'm just confused.
Get money. Seriously, if she loves you back she'll feel validated and special and you'll both be happy together. If she doesn't you'll be rich with an ego to match and you'll be even more convinced that you don't need her. Just beware in case she doesn't love but tells you she does.

There isn't a problem in the world that money can't solve.

Unrequited love is just masturbation.

>I have feelings and I'm sensitive, where's my girlfriend?

The reality is that there are millions of women who each would make you feel just as satisfied and fulfilled* as the one you adore. Obsessing over one is just a self-delusion to make it feel like you're only letting yourself be rejected by *one* girl, rather than *all* of them (after all, in both cases you are equally alone).

*of course nothing actually fulfills and once you can get pussy you stop caring about pussy; it's a sucky paradox to be sure

Love is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. Break the cicle, rise above; focus on science

Good ol' Rick & Morty

Go to bed Kierkagaard

what if the person you like isnt of legal age? and you're not like super creepy older than them but there's a decent gap? do you play it cool until it's safe to make a move or le tthem know that youre interested and see if they want to wait? or do you just /b/ it up and go for it?

There's always divorce user.

dummy, you can never be friends again as long as one still has feelings for the other

At least you got her user!

Common sense says don't be a creep, creep.

Find a woman of legal age. Yes, 16 > 21, but you really don't want to face the legal or social hassle of being known as a pedo.

Just read my diary senpai

i fucking hate you. i want to die.

I know this feel.

:(

That depends on the age, 16 is somehow ok, 13 generally isn't. And the age gap up to 10 years is generally fine, especially if the girl is around 20.

and yet i see short not qt dudes get girls because they're not assholes and do interesting things with their lives.
fix your personality.

>be maudlin about a crush not working out
>go to a friends 21st
>make out with her
>think 'oh this could be a good distraction'
>send increasingly flirtatious emails and messages
>go around to her house, make-out, drink copious amounts of wine
>she wants to take it slow so no sex
>fall asleep on the couch
>leave after making out some more, she smiles at you and bites her lips as she leaves
>realize that you like her, adore her, want her
>suddenly her messages become terse
>invites you over and tells you she's not ready for a relationship and is going to go overseas
>kisses you at the door for five minutes when you go, says 'this is the last time'
>cry during the walk home

i'm sleeping with two other girls at the moment but i just cannot fucking get her out of my mind what should I do should I try again or leave sleeping dogs lie

Love is not dead. Much like anything else human
It lies, asleep, landmines of emotions to be stepped on
By those lucky few. Pulled out, beaten with a stick, some
Exploding violently, taking limbs
Some being carried around as a measure
Of how they survived, of how they got their reward (those smug bastards)
Most never step on it at all;
Those who haven't found it after sufficient time groping in the dark
End up giving up the ghost, and move onto
Another field
As they say, the grass is greener on the other side of the fence
For me however, never experiencing love is like slowly starving until you get used to it; calloused in a sense
Devoid of it, for the happiness that you cannot achieve is only a festering leprosy which rots and shambles
Until the tougher parts are left
Until the 'tougher parts' remain

You did well, user. She wasn't really that interested -- her loss. Don't think you should grovel the next time, acting all sensitive or something.

Maybe you're afraid of being rejected and are preemptively rejecting them. Anyway, just stop caring. It'll all be fine then.

>be a good guy
>hook up with qt's
>they don't want more
>fall for decent chick
>now qt's wanna be with me cuz they realize I'm better than anyone else

The temptation real

Man, that was deep. Is your whole diary find with such profundity?

Dear Diary,
Today I was afraid an user was being sarcastic to me, so I tested the waters by making this entry.
Sincerely,
user

>tips

You say that like a personality is something that you can pick up, bang with a hammer once or twice and it's good as new. People are easily broken, not easily fixed.

>I miss you, kadijah
Don't worry. New children are born, everyday.

Dude. Just be yourself!

>"oh I'm sorry user. have you ever heard of someone being asexual-aromantic?"

I didn't love her then. I'm not sure I can love in that way. A psychologist told me, many years ago, that I was a malignant narcissist and am incapable of lasting bonds. Yet ever since she left me, my love has grown proportionate to the distance between us, time and space. I've fixated in her, she's become my barometer for living. The metric by which I compare all experiences, my pains and joys. Every day.

As I stumble home, alone again, successful in lust and sex or not, I think of her. Stale sweat of women I despise, and I think of her. A woman who annoyed me, but is now always with me, the perfect companion sitting in the back of my mind.

I have been faithful to you, Cynara! In my fashion.

In 2014 a girl asked to see my bedroom and then climbed into my bed and told me to join her since I was just leaning against the wall nearby. Eventually we tried having sex at her place but I panicked and told her I always put my condoms on in the bathroom. When I went to the bathroom I started panicking and lost my erection and barely got the condom on and when I returned to bed I just sweated and sweated until the sheets were soaked. Eventually she stopped kissing my neck and trying to make me turned on and turned over to sleep. But then she went to the bathroom with her phone for like 15 minutes so I got up and left. I wrote her a handwritten letter and put it through her mailbox and she then text me a bunch of times over the next year asking to meet up but I just ignored her texts.

>love
i feel this reaction image is all your post deserves, as a reply

I'm unsure what to do, I'm in love with my professor.
It's more likely that not that it is an unrequited love.
I know that he is in no relationship and the rest of his life is a mystery. We're a small department so we do talk to each other quite a bit. At the department Christmas party we sat and talked for hours about random crap after our inhibitions left while more alcohol was consumed. The other day I was walking through the corridor and I see him ahead, he sees me and stops as if waiting to talk to me. Suddenly from behind me I hear my friend call for me, I turn around to see what she wants and by the time I turn my head he's walking away.

He is the butt of jokes by students in my department as he's very much a nebbish but to me he's perfect.

I think back to when I first met him and had no idea who he was - he sat in on a lecture we had by an external speaker. He asked a question towards the end and his voice struck me down - I had realised he was from the same city as me( I still haven't found someone from the same place at me in this whole University but him) - by the time I'd toned down my accent as people took the piss regarding its "poshness", I now feel completely at home with him.

I have no idea what to do. This has been going on a year now - awkward interactions, little jokes and general communicating in stuttered posh accents while others laugh.

It'll just account to nothing - he'll bat me off as a silly undergrad and carry on with his work.

In a few years he'll recall my face randomly one day and be unable to remember my name, just like all the other students that have passed through my department.

me irl ;_;

>gay for capital
wonderful

>me getting bored with him
also that post was probably bait
this is probably bait too desu

>I had realised he was from the same city
definitely from britain

I am, what about it?