How can anyone say Hemingway is better than this guy? Faulkner shits all over Hemingway...

How can anyone say Hemingway is better than this guy? Faulkner shits all over Hemingway. Faulkner shits all over nearly everyone in the 20th Century. The only one better than him is Joyce.

As far as corn-cobby chroniclers go, there are none better.

>How can anyone say Hemingway is better than this guy?
Never heard anyone say that.

>The only one better than him is Joyce.
Eh, I think Beckett is above Faulkner.

Faulkner is great--really, really great--but, even so, I think that is kind of a ridiculous claim to make, especially when you consider all the authors you haven't read, like Orlovitz, or Coover, or Gaddis, who are all just as great as themselves as Joyce was as himself.

okay, i've heard this enough

what the fuck does corn-cobby mean

>Le "stream of consciousness I'm really nice to people less fortunate than me" man

Maybe in American lit but Kafka tops them all

how do you know i haven't read them...

not really

I want to know the same thing.

Meme based on Nabokov's criticism on his work. It's a reference to one of his books (Sanctuary I think?) where a girl is raped via corn cob pipe

No one's saying that. He's even better than McCarthy.

He's the great American author. He's probably the best 20th century American author and I'm a homer, so what?

basically another way of saying "redneck"

Literal who tier

I've listened to a few Veeky Forumserates suggesting that I read Light in August, and I'm already so fucking hooked with just the first chapter.

I will seriously read his entire oeuvre since I'm already more than halfway there.

First for parroting Nabokov's envious bile, good job

Well, true, but if you're going to write off everyone who isn't better than Kafka then you're going to be left with a very short list.

>Never heard anyone say that.
Hemingway said that.

A famous author thought he was better than one of his contemporaries? Stop the fucking presses

Hemingway actually thought Faulkner was great

lol plebs

Yeah, Faulkner DUMPSTERS Hemingway.