Please convince me to be vegan. Seriously I've been thinking about it for a while but i need a push

Please convince me to be vegan. Seriously I've been thinking about it for a while but i need a push.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DNgA06xE_Ng
nutritionfacts.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My sister is vegan
>Wont shut the fuck up about it, even after 5 years
>Constantly buy "Veggie Beef", some disgusting smelling chemicals or weird odor comes from it, why bother buying "mimic'd" food if you are a vegan you fucking dumb whore
>Probably malnutrition or lack of vitamins if you go full vegan

Just dont be such a pussy, only faggots are vegan. I recommend increases vegetables, while decreasing meat and/or carbs. Let vegetables compliment food. I own my own large garden and always pull a stack of fresh sallads for whatever, even sandwhiches doesnt matter.

I do not know if it's good or bad just yet. Seriously I'm on the fence about it. Mainly because I just went vegan and my body is very, very much protesting. I'm starving and nothing looks good.

Don't go full vegan, just greatly reduce your animal products consumption (mostly for meats and dairy products, those are the most harmful ones)

Maybe have meat one meal of the week, dairy another, fish whenever you feel like it, etc...

I find that going full vegan is a bit extreme and besides you still need vitamin B12 from somewhere

i tried going vegan for a couple months, it was hard. i got sick of eating beans everyday(im usually too lazy to cook an actual work after work/school). i couldnt last and i went back to eating meat and dairy and stuff. but now im a vegetarian. i never really liked eating just meat, i would have burgers and pepperoni pizza but thats really it. going vegetarian was 10 times easier than going vegan and ive been doing it for a long time now. maybe try being a vegetarian for a little while then switch and the transition wont be so tough. also if you want something to help you keep going keep this in mind. after about 2 months i started to hate the smell of meat, eggs, and butter. just because i wasnt eating meat my body just kind of didnt want it anymore. im sure if i ate a burger i would still like it but im not even tempted anymore. ive heard similar things from others. just think about it like you only have really try to be vegetarian/vegan for a few months then the stuff you eat will be exactly what you want. you wont crave other things. the health benefits are up to you, i havent lost a significant amount of weight. i eat a lot of rice and beans so im always full of carbs. but i dont really gain weight anymore(i dont exercise). if you are serious about oing vegan i really think you should consider going vegetarian first. its a big change and if not done gradually can have a pretty big affect on your body. i wish you the best of luck user

support pasture farming by buying only local pastured meat/eggs. since it's likely more expensive just eat more veggies instead of animal prodocts every day.

why would you ever want to do it?

please try more food
make yourself some decent meals with appropriate fats

That's just a readhead, m8. They always look fucked up. For all you know she eats nothing but bacon.

>I eat like shit therefore veganism is the problem
If you were going to run into trouble it would be like a year or more into it

Go back to your microwave pizza, you're obviously not cut out for paying attention to what you eat

Just kill yourself now and save yourself the trouble.

youtu.be/DNgA06xE_Ng

wat the frick

don't be a picky eater

>nutritionfacts.org/

Poke around on this site and/or read his book. He doesn't argue for a "vegan" diet because vegans are insane but he does offer an overwhelming amount of evidence supporting, from a nutritional and disease prevention standpoint, a plant-based diet that excludes animal foods.

Meat is only cheaper if you get the shit pumped full of antibiotics and growth hormones and compare to the organic out of season veggies.

And OP, you should go vegetarian first, going vegan in one step is going to be too hard unless you are extremely motivated. I would even say go pescetarian, and then vegetarian, and last go for vegan. You should aim for vegan because meat and meat products are shit for you and shit for the planet.

>eats banana peels
>"I eat organic bananas only and thus no pesticide worries"

... jesus fucking christ

Explain?

This, even if you have one meat free day a wake it's making a difference.

easy...its the right thing to do ethically and environmentally...you can enjoy all the foods you did before while not funding a holocaust

Every meal is veganised

typical butthurt corpse muncher...ad hom ad hom and ad hom

>being cruel to animals is manly XD im alfa

shoo shoo gains goblin

what?...so not eating animal corpses without justification is sane...but then not funding them to be killed unjustly for a coat is insane?
>carnist logic

Why not watch Sorsha's videos and Pewdiepie's response before being vegan?

why? he didnt actually give a justification to carry on the animal holocaust or give a justification to kill animals when there is no need to do so...
tho sorsha is a retard

if someone needs so badly to replace beef with veggie beef theyre obviously creating dietary restrictions that they don't require. it's dumb ass new age bullshit. go make granola in the forest with the other lice-covered faggots.

wat

Fuck off.

what are you confused about senpai?

mature adult, truly becoming of a man

OP I think doing things like that for activism reasons is a waste of time.
I mean, if you think just being a symbol alone is going to do some good then more power to you. But it's not like you're really going to be saving any animal lives, it doesn't work that way. All the animals in the slaughter house are going to get slaughtered.
The only change to be made in that regard is how much livestock gets bred in the first place.

Maybe this is just me, but I personally don't care if people fighting for animal rights are still eating meat or not. I don't think this is like jumping off a bridge, where people need to see others doing it first before they can work up the courage. In the case of deciding to change your diet they either want to or they never will. I really don't think many people are getting convinced to go vegan based on the fact that others are doing it.

Personally I think effort would be much better spent in other areas, and not by telling people they have to stop eating meat to make a difference. Like more humane treatment in how the animals are raised/killed, and maybe even in supporting things like developing better meat replacements. (maybe something better than tofu. Can't they even grow meat in petri dishes now or something?)

>what is supply and demand
>appeal to futility
this is the exact mindset which keeps the status quo

vegans dont really care, suffering is only part of the equation desu...

Are you saying vegans wear leather? Lot of them don't.

I addressed supply and demand
>The only change to be made in that regard is how much livestock gets bred in the first place
It's not going to save their lives. What do you think, if you don't eat a couple burgers one week they're going to release some cows to run free in a green field for the rest of their lives? All the cows are still getting killed. If the demand goes down, they simply stop breeding as many cows next year. I wouldn't really call that "saving lives".

>>appeal to futility
How is it an appeal to futility to say there's no point in jumping off a bridge before you've convinced everyone else to do it?
If everyone is standing around saying "nope, I'm not doing that shit" and you jump anyway hoping to change someone's mind, you're not making a difference, you're just a jackass that jumped off alone. Better to stay up there and first talk everyone into collectively doing it.
You need a massive cultural shift to change something like this, not just a few people here and there. That's a waste of time and effort.

>truly becoming of a man

Says the user who started yet another vegan shitposting thread after your last one was deleted.

well yeah, id say having ethics and doing the right thing...in this case not funding a holocaust, which is going against the grain and requires individual thinking is behaviour becoming of a man

>hurr durr killing unjustly and being cruel to animals is alfa im so manly XD

You'll be able to pull chicks like pic related all day!

Okay bro, thank you

The definition of "organic" is very loose. In America and Canada, certain pesticides are permitted to be used under organic agricultural practices.

Veganism is exclusively environmental. All ethical arguments for it are on shaky grounds. Every vegan who calls themselves an ethical vegan is hypocritical because they only extend their ideology to food (because vegan diet is easy and doesn't require a commitment) and not other aspects of human civilization that hurt animals.

Face it vegans: The maintenance of a healthy vegan diet requires a global world to get variance and all the necessary vitamins and nutrients. The thing which enables your diet, society, trade and human civilization is directly harmful to animals.

you're just lazy as fuck and want to feel good so you do something that requires no work so that you can feel good.

kys

you can STUFF yourself with food without becoming a fatfag

>the definition of USDA organic, written by and for massive industrial agricultural interests, is very permissive compared to the original spirit of the organic food movement
FTFY

Also all the industrial monoculture shills that bleat about organic contains carbon and pesticides mean it's meaningless seem to forget that a pesticide is just something that controls pests. Pic related, a DANGEROUS PESTICIDE that biodynamic farmers permit

>Face it vegans: The maintenance of a healthy vegan diet requires a global world to get variance and all the necessary vitamins and nutrients. The thing which enables your diet, society, trade and human civilization is directly harmful to animals.

Can you explain? I'm curious

>I wouldn't really call that "saving lives".
Less demand for meat means less lives get bought or bred in the long run. If Pete brings 500 cookies to the fayre and only sells 200, he's probably gonna bring 300 next time so he doesn't lose as much money.

>appeal to futility
When someone finds out I'm vegan they shower me with compliments for not being "that vegan" and tell me they're hella surprised and then ask me about my choices. The more people that are vegan the less the bad vegan stereotype is perpetuated and the more normal it becomes. which means people are more open to trying it out and less resistant to it as a whole. I've never tried to convert someone 'cause I'm not about the missionary life but people are a lot more accepting of veganism after speaking to me about it.

Also OP, it isn't as hard as you think. See if there's a vegan FB group or event, we have monthly street food fests in my city. Maybe you have reservations like my GF did about meeting 'weirdo vegans' but again being part of a community makes things a whole lot easier and just like all communities there's weirdos and cool dudes all mixed in

I think most vegans and vegan threads are retarded, but you're completely missing the point, which is that they're trying to do something on a personal level. You can care about a cause without having to travel to a 3rd world country and do manual labor or bomb buildings or whatever, and being a vegan is already a pretty big commitment compared to what most people do who profess to care about whatever causes x,y,z.

Meat in and of itself is healthy, not harmful. Yes pesticides and antibiotics, hormones are horrible so a healthy diet necessarilly minimizes that. Dairy is really the most important food group to wholly eliminate, especially for those reactions to proteins (ghee is a superb substitute since it is pure fat soluble vitamins). Dr. Human has written extensively on what a truly healthy diet is. Mostly vegetables, lots of fat, moderate amounts of protein/meat. It's that simple. Customize to your needs. Some days I eat vegan, others vegetarian, and others omnivorous.

Yeah but nowadays if you use the word pesticide people think of the chemical. Remember that these people would probably be afraid of dihydrogen monoxide. There's no point in arguing about semantics.

Dr. Hyman? I'm not vegan, but eating the 100% healthiest diet isn't one of my priorities anyway.
Aiming for around a 7,5/10

What is the problem with dairy? Do you mean cheese and butter when you mention dairy? I'm from Denmark where dairy export is huge and i eat yoghurt every day. Shit like that and milk is healthy, why would you not get some of that?

>Remember that these people would probably be afraid of dihydrogen monoxide.
Sure and you people are all 475 pounds and ride around in electric wheelchairs

dairy will literally make you pee out your bones, also manboobs/breast cancer and excessive farting

I'd like some sources on that

You can stuff yourself on vegan food all day and LOSE weight. It's a calorie war and you actually have to force yourself to eat more.

We're discussing how the term organic is meaningless and used to appease chemophobes, but go ahead and strawman some more.

>what is a straw man is only ok when I do it
I'll take: Signs you've lost the argument for $100, Alex

Have you refuted how the term organic is meaningless, or are you going to shit up the discussion some more?

Who's shitting up the discussion? I've explained to you why USDA organic is a toothless definition, and also shot down your straw man that says that people who like high quality foods are somehow averse to pest control.

Then you started raving about le DHMO maymay and vaccine conspiracies, and got mad when you were called out on your bullshit.

Anything else you weren't clear on?

I was explaining to the other guy why the term organic is meaningless, never said that people who like high quality foods are averse to pest control. Like show me where I said that and I'll concede defeat.

>certain pesticides are permitted to be used under organic agricultural practices.

Yes and how does that translate into

>people who like high quality foods are somehow averse to pest control

When the use of pesticides is presented as a gotcha, the implication is that if anyone found out pesticides are ever used when growing food, it would render the food undesirable.

See also: all of your strawmanning

But yeah, it's only ok to strawman when it's you doing the strawmanning :^)

When did I ever present it as a gotcha? I made my first post in reply to the other person who wanted an explanation about

Do it for your health if not health do it for the animals, if not for the animals do it for the environment.

Being Vegan is super easy once you do it for over 21 days, just be sure to stuff your face or you'll want to go back to eating animal flesh. (which will fuck up your stomach)

broski peanut butter is vegan. deep fried oreos are vegan. i think you're thinking "raw".

actually scratch that, even with raw food you can eat nuts and avocado all day.

I can't think of any popular diet where it isn't easy as hell to eat too many calories.

On and on about pesticides as if that's all there is to growing stuff. Organic certification puts restrictions on what kind of fertilizer you can use and that alone is valuable. Plus no GMOs or gamma irradiation allowed, if you care about these things.

Thumbnail made me think it was a stuffed animal in a bowl of diarrhea

Trucks, planes, factories, farms and everything else required to maintain human society are harmful to animals.

Do vegans care that their home city displaced hundreds of species? No. The only thing they pay attention to is food, because it is easy to change your diet.

We can extend this more by going to the core of Vegan ideology. Should animals that die in nature be helped? Should a horse who has a bad leg be given welfare instead of being put down? You might think that I'm being hyperbolic, but I'm not. I'm just taking Vegan philosophy to it's logical conclusion. If you say killing animals are bad because x, that x almost always covers other areas too. I.E if the x is "feelings", surely we need to do more to help animals than just stop eating them?

Human civilization and not harming animals are incompatible.

>but you're completely missing the point
No, I'm not. I'm just taking the implications of Vegan philosophy to it's full extent.

If you choose to not eat meat and moralize others for not eating meat because "animals have feelings, they can feel pain, they are just like humans" and so on, you shouldn't be living in a city, you shouldn't have plumbing, you shouldn't have a house, you shouldn't have electricity because these too are things that hurt animals that have feelings.

and moralize others for eating meat*

I went vegan for a whole month and cooked every single meal. I tried my best to prepare plant-based nutritious meals, but I was bloated for the whole month, had constant diarrhea and gas.
I ended up quitting.
Anyone else had/has this problem?

Why is every vegan thread just bait? i've never seen a single vegan thread on any board thats just that, it's always just someone waiting to be retarded, someon who probably isn't a vegan? I know vegans can be smug assholes, but I've just never seen a legitimate discussion involving veganism that doesn't devolve into muh moral supeiority, muh systemic genocide of farm animals, and muh current year.

People want a boogyman to gang up on and vegans are safe and board-relevant. Every board has those. On /trv/ it's "real travellers" who only travel to feel smug. On /g/ it's rich kids with Apple brand consumer goods who allegedly don't know what a browser is. On Veeky Forums it's cardio bunnies who are afraid of getting all muscley.

Here on Veeky Forums it's morally superior vegans who eat soy-based meat substitutes and constantly try to evangelize.

It's important for non-/pol/ boards to have such a boogyman as an outlet because otherwise you might not be able to fall back on strawman arguments and memes and then we might be able to tell the difference between intelligent adults and the actual children who are probably responsible for at least half the posts on Veeky Forums. Nobody wants to admit to themselves that they voluntarily go to a website to argue with children, so stuff like MUH B12 provides a veneer of "I was just pretending to be retarded" so we can tell ourselves that our time spent here isn't completely bereft of dignity.

>you can't do a good thing without going 100%

a lot of folk go vegan to minimise their impact, you can't counter-argue that by saying human society is bad to animals so u gotta leave it and endorse all the bad stuff

>you can't do a good thing without going 100%
Correct, if you've ever even so much as thought a dirty thought, you might as well become a serial rapist/murderer, or commit suicide.

People who try to be good and fail are hypocrites.

i think the only reason to be vegan is if you feel that strongly about the poor treatment of animals. it's pretty terrible the way a lot of them are treated. most of them spend a very small amount of time cramped into dirty conditions.

however, i think veganism will become obsolete and outdated once we have things like readily available cultured meat. if cultured meat tastes just as good (it probably won't at first, but i would still eat it instead just because there's less cruelty involved) there won't be a need for CAFO farms. we'll still need smaller farms for the people who want to keep buying "real" meat, and to keep a stock of the animals, increasing animal welfare and letting them be happier/healthier.

so go vegan if you want to, just make sure you take the proper supplements to stay healthy. and push for the production of cultured meat, don't become a radical vegan trying to convert everyone to your religion.

>most of them spend a very small amount of time cramped into dirty conditions.
most of them have short lives in cramped and dirty conditions*