I hope you faggots kwow that this guy here invented the modern threatre, not Shakespeare or one of those idiots

I hope you faggots kwow that this guy here invented the modern threatre, not Shakespeare or one of those idiots

this information does not enrich me in any way trivia nerd.

More like Lope de Verga.

>Spanish intellectual

>reading/seeing modern theatre
all you need is sophocles, euripides and aeschylus bro

>the modern threatre
>Shakespeare isn't the one who invented it

do you just, like, use some, like, random words and, like, put them together, like, in a sentence and, like, hope that it works?

Search for it on Google lazy douche

No

Ibsen invented the modern theater, fagtron

Lope de Vega broke with the classical unities and divided his plays in acts, just read Arte Nuevo de Hacer Comedias

>broke with the classical unities and divided his plays in acts
Isn't this what Shakespeare did? Heck, I think this was done even before.

>divided his plays in acts
That's also what Shakespeare did. And even before Etienne Jodelle did it

Weird how the word modern can mean either since the 16th century or since the mid-late 19th century. Was the modern novel, for example, invented in the 17th century, the 18th century, the 19th century or the 20th century? Any one of those could be it, depending on how you think about it.

Acts are just arbitrary divisions to let the audience take intermission breaks. Usually the author himself isn't even the one to decide how the acts are divided up.

are you guys kidding? Oedipus Rex has three parts.

lope is pretty much 99% forgotten by english speakers, just try looking for his works, he had one of the biggest outputs yet you can hardly find a thing in english.

Those are still considered three different plays. Shakespeare also wrote plays in multiple parts, IE Henry IV and Henry VI

He didn't invent Shakespeare? Ok.

Spanish Baroque and French Classicism seem to be completely unknown for Anglophones

Lope took that model from italians and Shakespeare took it from spanish threatre. He influenced the threatre and maybe without him Shakespeare wouldnt wrote that great plays

Which Italians?

Ludovico Castelvetro and Francesco Robortello

They don't know anything but their own arses. How many of them have read Camões in a decent Spanish or French translation? I bet nobody here has done it. All they know from Lusophone lit is Fernando Pessoa, and yet we have some three or four writers who were better than him.

Shakespeare also co-authored a play based on Cervantes's story of Cardenio.

We all know Machado and Saramago too. Some even know Eça.

Si no teneis ni zorra idea de literatura nano pos lo decis y ya esta pero Lope de Vega es el puto amo

I don't even like Shakesshit that much but Lope de Vega is YA-tier shit compared to him or any other Elizabethan.