What are some comfy books?

What are some comfy books?

Wew

I Am Legend

A book

This is really great for sitting in your cool room on a warm, sunny day with the fan running and a cold drink at hand. I do this with this book every summer to be honest.

Nice

do something nice for yourself OP

>sitting outside in the shade on a hot Summer day reading Hemmingway
The best

Are you me? Not every summer, but holy shit, it's glorious doing this.

Yeah, and the magic of doing this lies in the fact that despite it being a sunny summer afternoon: with the blinds drawn, the fan going and a cold drink closeby, reading this indoors in that kind of environment really is the epitome of warm weather comfiness.

Not OP, I've read all of these and it's really strange because I never see Abbey brought up on the board.

Got to add Dubliners to this, that book is the ultimate comfy read.

Joyce has more of a "wintertime comfiness aesthetic" to it tho, I really think we're meaning to in this thread talk about "comfy" books suited to the burgeoning warm weather months.

Jane Austen

I sat outside getting drunk on cheap bourbon at my ex-girlfriend's house in the garden looking over the countryside, reading HST until I could no longer read, then listening to music and playing with the cat until she got back from work (we lived in different towns). I then we would spend the whole night humping like rabbits. This was the closest to a hedonistic lifestyle I ever reached. However, tastes changed, I dumped her and I don't drink alcohol anymore.

>Reading Hemingway on a cool summer afternoon on the porch, having a glass of Disaronno while your faithful old dog is at your feet resting.

Just drove to the book store and grabbed a copy of this.

I have this really nice hardback copy (complete with slipcase) that I found in the bargain section at Chapters. After I'm done rereading Fear and Loathing, should I read this? I read the first few chapters a long time ago but haven't actually read the whole thing. Or should I start with something else by Hemingway?

Stoner is comfy as fuck. Read by a fire with whisky comfy.

Paradise Lost is incredibly comfy, and also fairly short.

Seconding this as well. All of John Williams' books are comfy as fuck, Augustus in particular.

Just finished A farewell to arms; fucking boring.
The end was great though, many lols at his woman and kid dying :)

In praise of older woman

Mein Kampfy chair

I found Paradise Lost to be pretty dense if you weren't paying attention to the context of whats going on.

I know you're trolling, but pretty much any post-apocalyptic story is a comfy read for me.

I give you permission to post this every /comfy/ thread only for one more week

After that it's enough. It's definitely on my list and everyone's here so that's enough. Put it on the wiki if you want.

Oooo

Wasnt trolling

This

Cool