Alright Veeky Forums, here's the deal

alright Veeky Forums, here's the deal..
I have 40k USD in savings and earn about $18/hr for 32 hours a week. It's about 1800-2000 a month give or take..
I've been looking into stock portfolios and want to start a 3 fund for a Roth IRA. Been reading for the last fee days online, but it is pretty confusing to me since I'm pretty new.

Also, I wanted to get into real estate assets hopefully by next year or so. Any anons have any experience with this?
Not really interested in crypto, so I wanted to jump start in this other stuff

You've come to the wrong place, partner.

All in Link, friend.

>stocks
>real estate
lmao enjoy ur 2% gains max if lucky faggot, how about u grow up and play with the big boys in crypto

isn't this a finance/business board?
or is it that polluted with coinfags now?

I'll give you some advice on your Roth if you buy my DGB bags...

How is your credit? Above 600? 700? If you don't know use creditkarma.
Have you ever had any sort of loan before? Car, credit card, etc?
Look into Owner Occupied FHA loans. Buy a duplex, triplix, etc.
Only 3.5% down plus closing costs. Rent out the other sides, and you only have to live there a year minimum.
This gives you a passive income stream helping pay for your mortgage, and you can rent out the other side once you move on from there.

LMAO STAY POOR FUCKING WAGEKEK

can make 4MIL out of 40k in crypto but no he wants 5% on stocks

fucking brainwashed cuck

What color is your butthole?

Fuck off and stay poor.

You're gonna die poor. Sad!

dont listen to this user alot of crypto people work in stocks as a day job *myself included*

IRA's are a must...make sure you hit your contribution limit each year (think its like 5500 a year, but DoL made a bunch of changes this year)

the market is still pretty strong right now, so might not be best time to buy, but who am i to talk, i still buy stocks and am balls deep in crypto.

a good income builder like CAIBX is always good

why do you think all these retards shill coins?
millionares are being made. You dont deserve to move up an economic class poorfag

I've been reading that selling rather than renting out properties could be more viable, do you have any insight on this?
what would you say would be good credit score to start off with?

better late than never it seems

>not interested in crypto

Are you also not interested in Money????

Pic related - it's you

if you start before you are 30, you will still have a very comfortable retirement income unless you are a degenerate

It could be, but with 40k saved I would utilize as little as possible while minimizing your personal living costs. FHA owner occupancy lets you do this cheaply It's a great way to start dabbling in real estate.

You didn't answer my question. How's your credit? Do you have any? No credit is worse than bad credit.

Yeah theres occasionally some non-crypto threads but pretty much only crypto haha

> Not really interested in crypto
Stay poor faggot

I'm 22 and no, I don't do drugs or get drunk.
so far I've been reading "Poor Man's guide to real estate".. any other investing suggestions user?

the 40k is in a separate account than my main one I use for day to day spending. money only comes in whenever I put money. usually I put one paycheck in my regular account and the other check in my savings.
but now that my company does direct deposit, I sometimes pull out 500 bucks every now and then and put it in my savings account.

and no, I don't have credit unfortunately. been thinking of getting a credit card to start me up tho

wtf does this blog of text have to do with crypto?

or he can lose it all on meme zeroes and ones

real estate is good, but to be honest, i have business partners who are in it...and the amount of time they spend dealing with shitty tenants isnt worth the return...time is very valuable

now i have another associate who runs a building materials import shop, so he buys shitty houses in the country suburbs of our town and flips them for bookoo bucks.

if you can find someone with a materials hookup and give them a good cut, you could make dosh flipping.

do you have any college education?

>I've been looking into stock portfolios
Why did you even bother coming here?

yeah that's why I told the other user too I thought more of buying/selling than buying/renting

no, I am working towards a degree. I am currently an engineering student (electrical). At the moment I am working at a land surveying company, so I deal a lot with properties and more or less some of the legal aspects of that.

Ok you're a ghost, but you're fine.
I was you 6 years ago, with an 800 credit score now.
What you need to do is start establishing credit.
If you don't have a co-signer you should get a Secured Credit Card.
Put your normal expenditures on it and pay it off EVERY MONTH.
This will start to build good credit.

When I say ghost, I mean that you have realistically no credit information on file.
This is worse than bad credit. Seriously.

>if you start before you are 30, you will still have a very comfortable retirement income
My life is going to be so fucking awesome 40 years from now when I can finally relax and do everything I always wanted!

sounds good
I can probably get one of my parents to cosign, but in any case I'll look into a secured cc..
should I go with a local credit union instead of a big bank?

absolutely.
Always use your credit union if possible.
They'll be able to help you with a secured CC.
Show them that you can manage your finances, then bigger loans in the FUTURE will be MUCH less hassle.
Good luck user.

well it sounds like youre doing everything right then...just keep at it senpai

im 29 now, but i didnt really start working until 25, and that same year i lost ALL of my savings in a bad business deal.

now i have a heavily diversified portfolio, my own home and no debt.

youre doing better than most of the children flipping 3 dollars of linky stinky everyday to buy nigger weed

thanks anons.. I really appreciate you guys answering my questions and giving me helpful advice.. I'll get to it. have a good rest of your day/night

you too bro...remember, to keep aggressive ivestments to around 20 percent of portfolio at most...or yolo crypto whatever dawg lol