Books about school shootings/mass shootings

Books about school shootings/mass shootings.

Other urls found in this thread:

documentcloud.org/documents/1173808-elliot-rodger-manifesto.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The book entitled Columbine

My Twisted World by Elliot Rodger

documentcloud.org/documents/1173808-elliot-rodger-manifesto.html

Empire Falls

Well Project X is pretty good, honestly, and , as big of a meme as it is, provides an interesting narrative - and a proper funny read

the elliot rodger manifesto is a really interesting look at what happens when an autist gets narcissistic personality disorder.

he stabs a guy 94 times

Yeah, that part was pretty fucked up - I found the way he genuinely believes everyone around him (his mother especially, his friends to) to exist as a tool to satisfy his needs.

Also, his writing is hilariously bad for someone who purportedly read philosophy for years (when the only books he actually mentions are The Hunger Games, Game of Thrones and The Secret).

i seriously can't see how you can read past the first paragraph, holy shit, it's so contrived and convoluted and repetitive

My Twisted World will be canon in 100 years.

His rampage was shit though. He couldn't even get through the front door of the sorority he wanted to rek so badly.

I'd have to say the part where he talks about carrying around people's heads in a bag takes the cake.

La compañía de las moscas by Cesar Mallorqui

It is extremely pretentious but it isn't being written by a normal person. How he writes is just one aspect of his mental illness and I think it would be a worse book if it had been edited.

This is the opposite of commercial literature. It is pure expression and it's honestly one of the most powerful books I ever read just because of that.

Reading it fundamentally changed me as a person and honestly there aren't a lot of books that I can say that about. Yes, it's a slog, but in the end you get a really beautiful image of a tortured soul suffering from serious mental disorders and the inevitable tragic outcome of it.

Even if the most of the book is lies (which has been speculated since it's contradictory and repetitive and suspiciously vague in places) it is still a perfect representation of his worldview/perception, completely untainted.

It is not entertaining and it is painful to read but IMO it should be mandatory reading in high schools.

Just read crime and punishment

Nice try, Stephen

the hour i first believed is about columbine. p good i guess

I just remembered I read a book like this when I was 10 or something, the main character had a gameboy that someone stomped on, and he was jerking off in the bathroom and then his dad came in but he didn't notice. That's about all I remember but it was probably shit any way.

Gr8 b8 m8

We Need to Talk About Kevin

This.
Elliot would be interesting if he had killed everyone in the sorority house.

His shooting reflects his life.