Dr Manhattan vs Tom Bombadil

Dr Manhattan vs Tom Bombadil

Who would honestly win? They're the 2 most powerful characters in the history of storytelling.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZouiWmzWoY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I dunno, but I know who the looser is.

>omnipotent nature spirit vs some capeshit reddit man
gee i wonder

Who the fuck is tom bombadil. Wh the fuck is Doctor ManHattan.

Get this hsit out of here.

These discussions are pointless. You're pitting two creations by very different authors writing for completely different audiences, plus the genres and literary universes aren't even the same.

Ya, Tom is definitely a fag.

Cancer

>taking fan theories about tom bombadil seriously

Um it's fucking stunning how many people don't get Dr. Manhattan. I'm starting to think Watchmen is the perfect work to filter out the pseuds

OP is most definitely on the right track

>I'm dylsexic

Bombadil had yellow boots so he wins. He also fucks that spring bitch so he's more chad than Dr. Faggot

>They're the 2 most powerful characters in the history of storytelling.
Where's God in all of this?

That's nonfiction though.

One is a an immortal being capable of manipulating reality with his mind, the other is Dr.Manhattan

Uhm...

Veeky Forums - Le reddit

Tom's complete mastery of the Ring, and his simultaneous complete disregard for it, is right in the books. This at minimum makes him more powerful than Sauron and any of the Istari. He's the real shit and you don't need fan theories to see that.

Tom would win.

Dr. Manhattan's self is subject to the physical. Tom is a Maia, which means he's like Sauron, he can't be destroyed even if the universe were destroyed, his self is not subject to the physical. If the universe were destroyed then Dr. Manhattan would be destroyed as well.

>Maia
He isn't a Maia. He is a gnostic. He is aware that he is in a story (false reality).

Tom isn't shown to be a god, or all-powerful or all-knowing or anything. He's shown to have ways of dealing with monsters inside his region, like the barrow wights and Old Man Willow, and to be indifferent to the One Ring. He is probably a powerful, carefree nature spirit bound to a small region of land. But he still has to go gather lilies when he wants them.

>Who the fuck is tom bombadil
pathetic

I feel that's too limiting. EVERY RACE AND CULTURE has heard of him, and they all have names for him. He's special somehow.

Yeah because he's not A single high-tier nature spirit, he's the entire concept of nature spirits.

Wasn't Sauron light-years weaker than what'shisname from Silmarillion?

At some point in the book, i don't know if Tolkien or Tom himself mentions that, no matter how powerful Tom may be, he'll still get rekt if the dark forces surround him in the forest.

Meanwhile, Manhattan can blow them all up; so the winner is clearly Demonbane.

I still don't understand tom bombadil beyond that he's a huge fucking faggot

>>Hark ye yet again—the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event—in the living act, the undoubted deed—there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there’s naught beyond. But ’tis enough. He tasks me; he heaps me; I see in him outrageous strength, with an inscrutable malice sinewing it. That inscrutable thing is chiefly what I hate; and be the white whale agent, or be the white whale principal, I will wreak that hate upon him. Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me. For could the sun do that, then could I do the other; since there is ever a sort of fair play herein, jealousy presiding over all creations. But not my master, man, is even that fair play. Who’s over me? Truth hath no confines.

He's a literal meme character Tolkien created only because his son wanted him to. He's simply what was created after a child said "daddy make the mostest powerfulest man evurr"

Obviously he isn't an actual part of the story because Tolkien realized how childish it is, so he left it as a side-side character that pokes its head in every once in a while so his son could be like "bruuuhh waddafukk yoo dis the dude i came up with hahaha dat sick af"

Bombadil

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZouiWmzWoY

Sauron was only powerful against other maia. He couldn't do anything against a Valar. The same applies to Tom. Melkor would stomp his shit.

Paper towel manufacturer.

Dr. Manhattan.

>Demonbane

this guy gets it. or if you want to be a pleb, even TTGL would beat them

this is the most based post I've seen all day

He's not "the most powerful" anything and he's not a man either. He's basically a lesser angel, and he's less powerful than Sauron with the Ring.

Dr Manhattan hand down. Bald, no hair, and big and blue. Masturbate on Mars.

That full-clothing shit can't compete.

Yeah, Sauron is just a shadow of Melkor; if the Valar still fucked with Middle Earth, or even if the Noldor still had any fight left in them, Sauron wouldn't be waving his dick around.

This isn't accurate. It's established that Tom couldn't withstand a siege by Sauron. His indifference to the ring doesn't stem from personal power, it stems from being totally carefree and, by nature, incapable of taking anything seriously.

That's great and fuck you if you think otherwise

Nonsense

The dreams that Frodo had at his house show that he might've already known the outcome, but where's the story(adventure) in that

>most powerful characters in the history of story telling

>God
/thread

Aka The on above all

Also if were on the topic

Captain atom > Dr manhatten

and bombadil is a faggot living near a river

fuck while im at it

Spawn. Captain Atom. Walter West. Professor Zoom. Doctor Doom. Silver Surfer. Galactus. Doctor Fate. Green Lantern. Doctor Alchemy.

and of course IMPERIEX, you know.. the guy who can at will induce a big bang..

>But he still has to go gather lilies when he wants them.

implying walking and singing to gather dem lilies isn't a part of fun

>and bombadil is a faggot living near a river

why do so many people call bombadil faggot when he clearly has a wife which he loves