S C H L I T Z
C
H
L
I
T
Z

Bock is breddy gud

Bock ain't bad. The ruby red grapefruit and white wing are solid too.

But yes there are so many better beers. Not even counting the more expensive higher quality craft stuff I'd honestly put a lot of smaller domestic brands over it. Shit honestly I'd rather have a Yuengling or Narragansett. Its still good though, especially if you live in Texas where it's very cheap.

>The ruby red grapefruit
Fuck those, all I taste is the ginger.

It's the most middle-of-the-road beer you can fine. Which is why I use it in my chili. Not just beer water (which is good for grill beer boils), but not something heavy that will give an off taste. Good for cooking.

For drinking, I prefer my beer water so I can drink longer. A 30 of Busch Light is the same as Miller HIgh LIfe, but I can rent it longer.

A double bock.

>protip
I just realized, I don't think I've seen this in... years?
People don't go around protippin' like they used to.

Their limited edition shit is cash, right now it's a strawberry blonde that's fucking amazing.

>judging beer by calories
Just go pour some moonshine up your ass instead, it'll do the job for you with even less calories.

I've found that if you care about calories when drinking you're better off just drinking vodka and water

> Is there an all around better beer?
That's a matter of taste.

But you can have lots of
>tastes good
>relatively cheap
With homebrew beer, even the easy as fuck malt extract kits (bock kits are like $13 / 5 gallons here).

Not everyone drinks to get plastered. Go project in your al/ck/ general instead of this thread.

A perfectly solid beer

Not the best thing ever, but not bad at all

NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA

I used to ditch school and drink 40s with the wrong crowd, but never colt 45

It was always mickey's or olde english

I'm not proud of it

Honestly my favorite 40 was a King Cobra. A good balance of malt, and hops. All though word of advice never drink malt liquor and eat tuna/ham salad sandwiches.

>word of advice never drink malt liquor and eat tuna/ham salad sandwiches

Amen to that, jesus christ was a horrendous combination

Shrimp and white wine may only exceed it

Yeah, some people drink to get plastered, while other people drink to not drink calories. Apparently.

Just drink water instead you moron.

>Just drink water instead you moron.

With that logic why ever drink anything other than water? Fucking drunks can't even shitpost properly. Fuck off

Someone who judges beer by calories should never drink anything other than water, there's no question there.

If you're truly drinking for just the taste you would only be drinking one and the amount of calories would have zero importance. There really isn't such a thing as a calorie bomb beer.

Hefe > Bock

Yuengling > Shiner

If calorie content is a factor in choosing beer for you, you might as well stop thinking about the taste or quality at that point.

Most beer have between 100-300 calories in a 12 oz. bottle - a negligible amount by itself, but becomes a full meal if you consume several beers in a sitting. At that point, however, you've already doused your liver in alcohol while your body is furiously trying to convert all of the alcohol and carbohydrates into sugars so your fat retarded ass can develop insulin tolerance. But keep worrying about those calories.

Me, I'm going to drink the beer I want to drink and accept the consequences. At least I'll be enjoying the beer.

Ever since I traveled to the west coast, I've become a huge fan of Pacifico beer

>OP mentions calories
>trigger all the fatasses of Veeky Forums

Is this the new go za?

They should have kept making FM 966 Farmhouse Ale.

beer memelord detected...seriously - Yuengling?

You have terrible taste yet you seem to realize that you have terrible taste...absolutely haram.

But beer lover gives a fuck about the caloric content of beer...go home, you are sober.

No beer lover*

This

The beer preference cycle is really cyclical. You start with light 30 racks of piss water. Then you move onto your journey of actually enjoying beer. Double bocks, dark porters and stouts, some hoppy IPAs, and some drinkable pilsners and farmhouse ales.

Then you try to find your "30-rack-mac." The most palatable mass production that you can handle. You learn to love it.

Then you realize, "Hey, I can keep this buzz on by drinking less proof stuff." And you come all the way back to your original beer water.

Sunrise. Sunset.

Wait...why in Jeebus' name would you return to shitwater at .50 cents/beer simply because it is inexpensive after unveiling the beautiful world of proper beer and indulging? Something must have gone seriously wrong with your life user. This makes me sad :(

> Then you realize, "Hey, I can keep this buzz on by drinking less proof stuff." And you come all the way back to your original beer water.
Or you took a fork somewhere, started homebrewing, and brewed beers where you also had the option to somewhat choose the alcohol content to get lower alcohol contents with something that is NOT piss water.

For example, lots of darker beers have low alcohol even in the default style. Yet they are not piss water due to all the various flavors and to a lesser extent also that you didn't run everything through a filter and pasteurized it.

You could actually also already have gone there when you were looking for cheaper volumes in bulk...

You don't get it. If I could find 50 cal beer water at 2% abv, I'd drink that like water. I just want a beer in my hand...

I got trashed on shiner cheer in texas. It ruled, but the batches the last few years have tasted pretty off

its not the cheapest but goddamn is it good. Its all I buy during autumn

NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA I DONT DRINK BEER I DRINK MALK LIQUOR

>Not an alcoholic
>Not black
>Not poor
>Mostly buy craft beer
>Still fucking love 40s
I don't get it. OE is best though.

>tfw I started with my dad by drinking locals and god imports

I didn't start with pisswater. I liked beer from the first sip, really. Some people say it's an acquired taste, but I find that the people that say that are the ones that started out sneak-drinking Daddy's MGD 64 in their bedroom at 2 AM after everyone else has gone to bed. It wasn't acquired for me, or many of my friends. It's more of a natural affinity. Then again, I live in Wisconsin where parents can give their child a beer or glass of wine every now and then, and many do.

What's it like to live in a fantastical haven of non-liberal ideology? Please. I want to hear your stories!

And here comes /pol/ to shit up another thread

i know heinekin is incredibly overpriced in the US for what it is but there's something about its light crispness that i really enjoy. same with corona. i'd get them a lot more if they were priced according to their quality. really, why are they priced like craft beers when they blatantly aren't that good?

I was buying this for like two months straight then all the stores around me stopped having it in stock and now just have lil sumpin and IPA.

>muh /pol/ boogeyman

Fuck off Reddit

>So butthurt at liberals he needs to stir shit up in threads that aren't about politics
>MUH REDDIT

Quality posts

because idiots will pay for them?

Shiner Blonde is a lot better, IMO.

Or Hef with an orange..

Corona is cheap here in Texas

lucky. it's $9 for a six pack here in maryland

Well, my family moved from IL to WI when I was 10. I was a lonely little half-Jew with no friends, but after I moved to WI, I got into guns (mom is still anti-gunner) and target sports, started doing more outdoors shit, and my allergies disappeared. I still like my Chicago sports, but I would never live in IL again. Once I got to a certain age my dad would buy me beer and we'd buy 16.9 oz bottles of beer to try together. Overall, Wisconsin is a nice place o live. Even Milwaukee County is mostly nice, except for the north side of the city. Kenosha and Racine counties are also pretty good when their namesake cities are removed from the equation. Waukesha, Jefferson, Dodge, Walworth, and Dane counties are all still pretty rural while remaining close enough to Milwaukee and Chicago to make work commutes viable. I also live the southwest corner of the state, particularly Grant and Iowa counties, where hills and prairies are met by the patches of forests and rolling fields. Central WI is full of wonderful lakes and forests ripe for hunting, trapping, camping, and so on (Wild Rose, where the BSA's Camp Nappowan is located is one of my favorites).

tl;dr WI is pretty cool, come check it out. Also, if you think New Glarus is the best WI brewer, please try Lakefront and Sprecher, they are much better.

Well la dee da...

Dude, literally nobody asked for your life story. You seem to be mistaking a Veeky Forums cooking board thread for your blog.

>Someone asks what it's like living in WI
>Tell them
>"DUDE NOT YOUR BLOG WOW LMAO LOOK DUDE WHY DO YOU HAVE TO TELL YOUR LIFE'S STORY> NOT YOUR BLOG DUDE"

Thanks for the (You), btw.

Its a shame that we europoors only have wonderful beers, with thw exception of heineken. Fuck that shit.

>What's it like to live in a fantastical haven of non-liberal ideology?

Nowhere in that blatant trollish shitpost did they seriously ask you for an origin story blog entry. Maybe Veeky Forums isn't for you, buddy...

>Trying to use buddy in a demeaning fashion on an anonymous imageboard

I think you're the one that isn't cut out for Veeky Forums, my man, especially if you're triggered by a post as mundane and benevolent as that.

What kind of damage control is this?

You didn't recognize blatant trolling, and even further, responded to it with a paragraph of personal details about your own life that nobody asked for. You don't belong on Veeky Forums if you're this dense.

Maybe Facebook is more your speed.

>Hah! I was just pretending to be retarded, get trolled xD

>Damage control

Lad, you're the one sperging out because I posted something that you didn't like for some reason or another. The fact that you are sitting on your PC sniveling about a post that, in a few weeks, will be somewhere tucked away on an archive, most likely never to be seen again is a sure sign of the highest form of autism.

Just merely pointed out that you replied to a blatant troll post with an unnecessary paragraph of personal blogpost. You don't respond to trolls, you ignore them. The fact that you went completely in the opposite direction, on Veeky Forums of all places, is just terrible. Please learn from your mistakes. It was almost as dumb as reading youtube comments.

Have a nice day.

>STOP POSTING THINGS I DON'T WANT TO SEE!!! WAAAHHHHH!!!

Just pointing out that you took the bait by replying to me multiple times over a post that means nothing. I'm glad to have gotten your goat. Have a nice day. :^)

Not even close to the point, and apparently you don't even know what the term "bait," means. Get off Veeky Forums and go back to whatever shithole you came from.

sage

>Announcing a sage
>Telling anyone else to get off of Veeky Forums

It's nice to know that you have surpassed butthurt and are now feeding me (You)s even after you said "Have a nice day". You've taken the bait. :^^^

sage

rage

can't you faggots just talk about food and not shit up every thread whenever pol leaks it's fecal contamination

>a beer I like isn't available every day of the year

absolutely unheard of

>muh /pol/ is the root of all the problems of Veeky Forums
>not the forced goza memes

You can easily homebrew 3-4% beers that taste fine.

And you will have gallons of it.

And I don't think the ingredients are too hard to find / mail order...

I live within 100 miles of lagunitas and they are really my favorite brewery. I'm an alcoholic so I love that they have so many big beers for $10 a 6pack. When I bought Lagunitas 13 I was impressed with the abv but I've never had a red ale from lagunitas that tastes good. The other one I had was shit but this one got me drunk and was shit. Honestly I usually ignore everything from lagunitas that is under 7% but they just seem so fucking bad at red ale.

If you don't like it I suggest you find another board.
'go 'za is the official meme of /ck.

I want to congratulate you for a well-orchestrated shill thread.

> I'm an alcoholic so I love that they have so many big beers for $10 a 6pack
Why u no homebrew?

It should halve to quarter your beer costs, plus less bottles to deal with if you get a keg.

Not that I wanna ruin your liver...

It actually comes out to roughly the same cost when you factor in equipment and ingredients, unless you grow your own as well.

Nah, I don't grow them.

The ingredients for quite typical extract brewing are ~$15-20 for about 19L beer. (If you mash your own wort and keep your own yeast alive, it's half as much or less, but of course you will work a bunch more...)

Given that your 4.5L six-pack is $10, you can probably see how it works out?

In terms of tools, for extract brewing, you basically just want a lidded plastic bucket with a plastic bubbler air lock at the top, plus a plastic tube to funnel out the beer later. (You also need to clean the bucket, but I'm sure you already have what's needed for washing dishes..).

Oh sure, I'd recommend a bunch of extras like for instance a plastic keg with a CO2/NO2 valve and tap, but you can also just fill PET bottles.

I drink a six pack of shiner each evening

:3