How do you deal with picky eaters, Veeky Forums?

how do you deal with picky eaters, Veeky Forums?

serve 'em tendies and fries
fried food takes maybe 10 minutes of extra work and then they can't bitch
'I just don't like X'
well I don't like having to put extra effort to cook 2 whole complete meals for your whiny bitch ass, enjoy your child tier food u faggot

Send them to bed hungry.

I do them in the butt

They can get their food themselves however they like.
I say this as a picky eater myself, but i do not expect anyone to bend over backwards to feed me.
Besides, with the level of cooking skills of my friends and family i don't trust any of them to not give me food poisoning so i don't eat anything i haven't cooked myself.

Why would I have to "deal" with them? They can be as picky as they like. If I'm cooking for them and they have a problem, they can fuck off.

I will say, however, I know this one guy who is a fat sack of shit, and is incredibly particular when he eats at restaurants. Not "picky", but always orders food and requests half-a-dozen changes. He'll always send something back to the kitchen, EVERY fucking time, and half the time it's because of his own ignorance. It's embarrassing to be associated with him.

Don't. Their life is none of your business.

Feed her my spotted dick ;)

Send my loyal and truthful friend jamal after them

I wish I was less picky. Having a large list of things I think taste like shit sucks.

I don't interact with human beings in any capacity that requires I consume food near them.

> Tfw I actually have a onion intolerance
> get called an picky asshole by people that don't know.
> restaurants probably spit in my food for making them work harder

They can either eat what I made, or they can fend for themselves.

Only picky eater I know has severe food phobia so she "cooks" all her own food herself, then we stil have a nice evening as we have whatever and she eats her tuna on rye.

It's called being open-minded. There are millions of children who aren't afraid of those foods. Eat them a few times with an open mind and try to see the merit in them. You'll come around.

she fat or skinny?

She used to be super skinny.

Then she hooked up, settled down, got hormone injection birth control and a new prescription for antidepressants.

She gained ~50 kilos in 5 years.

Are you being serious? Being 'open minded' won't stop you finding the taste or texture of something repellent.

Its not fun trying dozens of things and not being able to stand any of them.

Give them a pink pork liver sandwich to change their minds.

>working close at a bar
>server comes back with a ticket completely filled with notes on how this guy wants his fucking poutine done
>so fucking butt hurt that I make the server point the person out so I can remember his shit ass face
>it's a cute girl
>get even more shitter shattered
>start making her stupid shit
>realise it's actually an excellent switch on our recipe
>start crying

Hey, tuna on rye is a solid choice, at least.

Nobody's spitting in your food. They're just making fun of you. You ever seen the kitchen staff laughing? Now you know why.

t.Henri Charpentier

It's that, salami on rye and... unseasoned meatballs... on rye.

Well... Girl got good taste in bread.

What was the switch on the recipe?

The bitch knew our menu. She wanted to sub the brown gravy for sausage gravy from our biscuits and gravy and add sauteed mushrooms and deep fried pork belly from one of our sandwhiches. Shit was cash. Still rude as fuck in my opinion, but girl had a palette.

You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Let em be they'll come around eventually.

I eat their food with a big smile.

Post real food you autist.

I have the solution friend.

I constantly make threads about them on Veeky Forums

Cull them in camps

My weird ass fetish right there.

"Would you like to eat a fist instead you little shit?"

Have you ever considered that maybe it's not that they're picky eaters, but you're just a shitty cook?

Impossible.

I don't care what other people eat tbchf

Well, they can either eat what I've prepared, or they can fuck off. I'm not making another meal because you can't handle something that isn't chicken nuggets.

If they're vegetarian or have some kind of food allergy, that's fine as long as I know ahead of time. But if you simply don't like tomatoes or onions, I'm going to tell you to fuck off.

Kek

I customize my own food.

I mix this Asian sesame salad dressing into crab cakes instead of mayo to make it taste better than anything at a restaurant. I put a tablespoon of ketchup in jerk chicken and people love it. Also, I've turned pecan pie into a based maple pecan tart by adding maple syrup.

Nobody has ever complained, really.

What else did you want to know?

i dont see how its rude. she knew your poutine was ass, so she found a way to still make it edible.

>friend's friend comes to my place (which is basically a squat) for a few days
>doesn't eat tomato
>doesn't eat greens
>doesn't fucking eat anything
>goes to nearby McD's, buys some burgers, takes everything out except the patty
>only other thing I've heard of him eating is plain peanut butter
HOW DOES HE SURVIVE

At what point am I a picky eater and at what point does the other side become the problem?
I try everything before claiming I don't like it, like a good bite, chew and swallow never spit and then I can decide I don't like it.
In the other side many people actively lie to me about food, my dad bitched so much about sun dried tomatoes and that I couldn't even push them to the side and eat everything else that after about 20 horrible meals I'm ok with sun dried tomatoes, i don't like them but I don't nottice them either. Funny that sun dried tomatoes stayed yet I don't talk to my dad anymore

I honestly don't personally know any. All the people I associate with are pretty open to trying new things, eating vegetables and love assertive tastes like garlic, anchovy, etc.

Don't give them spaghetti and salad?
I eat most stuff, but that looks bland as hell.

>dumbass who doesn't know how gut flora work

If you have never eaten something, or something like that thing, your body thinks it's poison and causes you to dislike it.

By eating small portions of a food you want to enjoy, but don't, you can force yourself to like things. Something as simple as choking down a slice of raw tomato once a day will, after a few days, make you like tomatoes.

Stop living in a culinary bubble. This is how the bourgeoisie controls us.

Just say you're allergic to onions.

It's a lot less stupid sounding than saying you're intolerant of them.

I used to be a picky eater.

Wouldn't eat any meat. Wouldn't eat any veggies except tomatoes, cucumber, salad, carrots and peas. Didn't like cheese (except for the blandest, mildest form of cheese). Didn't like fish.

Nowadays, I eat mostly anything. I still don't like fish (I can eat salmon tartar and lobster soup, though) and I'm not too fond of pork, but I don't mind it in small amounts.

Most veggies are fine, except brusselssprouts. And I prefer eating almost all veggies raw instead of cooked/steamed. I HATE steamed/cooked vegetables.

And I fucking LOVE cheese now.

>Still rude as fuck
Nah, if someone is paying for you to make food. They should get a say in how it's made.

I know that feel.

If only I could enjoy fish more, though I do like sushi

They don't

Look around you, people aren't healthy in America

I've been eating broccoli more than once per week for 20 years and I still hate that shit.

I have a grandma that won't eat any vegetable at all but still treats any pickiness from others with the vivid contempt. She is not a trashy eater, just a 70 year old child

Have you ever tried catching flies with honey? I haven't, but vinegar works really fucking well.

Is it bad that I never ever eat fruits? I just dont like them

>how do you deal with picky eaters

I don't.

How are you cooking the broccoli?

Nah, fruit really isn't very good for you.

Why?

It's mostly just sugar. You can get all the vitamins in fruit from vegetables and it would be healthier because you'd be eating less sugar and more fiber.

You should've suggested adding it to the menu and taken all the credit.

Good point, I do like veggies. Specially broccoli and cauliflower

I kill them

or at least fantasize about killing them

>fruit really isn't very good for you
>It's mostly just sugar

How does someone qualify as being a 'picky eater'?

I want to know why you write like you're having a one-to-one conversation.

But this is true. Vegetables are objectively healthier for you. Just look at an apple, for example. It's basically some fiber and vitamin C, and sugar. I could eat some spinach or kale and get much more nutrition without the sugar.

dating one. Now instead of wondering whether I'll eat Vietnamese, Indian, or Greek food I get to decide between Wendy's and Sonic.

I only like a few fish. And if it is cold its instant no. The taste of cold fish is slimy and disgusting. If someone serves that I just eat one plate and try to shovel it down quickly so Im over with it

I don't invite them. Lots of people don't like me very much but I like to think I'm still better off.

>sugar

In the form of fructose, yes.

White/granulated sugar is a refined product that's a lot more concentrated (and less healthy).

Ignore them. Don't bring it up. They'rr missing out for themselves.

Vegetables might be objectively healthier for >(you), you fat lazy fuck, but not everyone leads a sedentary lifestyle. Sugar isn't inherently unhealthy. Sugar is outright vital for many high intensity forms of exercise.

A lot of vegetables aren't nutrient dense either (iceburg lettuce) and a lot of vegetables are full of fat (avocados) or complex carbohydrates (potatoes) neither of which are unhealthy either, for a healthy person.

Ask them politely but firmly to leave

I never said fruit was bad for you. Calm down. Eat fruit if you like it.

I don't wanna jerk off again

>is a picky asshole
>gets upset when people call him out
I've never heard of anyone having an "onion intolerance."

>I've never heard of anyone having an "onion intolerance."
Well then that settles it. It can't possibly exist because (You) haven't heard of it.

...and that's why the human race has reached a stalemate in evolution (especially in your bloodline).

You can fix that by looking up the word "fructan".

i tell their parents to hit them.

As a kinda picky eater myself, I don't mind as long as it's something I know about before I cook. When I have a group of friends, I try to choose dishes that don't have completely blended ingredients so people can pick out what they don't like. I also try to stay on the fairly normal and bland side for a main dish and do more flavorful and weird sides. I know I've been a rude guest before because I always turn down a dish with green pepper (you can lie and say it's not in there and I ALWAYS taste it and can't stomach it at all) or anything that's spicy. Especially if it has cumin. Sharing a meal is suppose to be a fun experience for all, not a chance to single out someone.

>Not having high standards for things you literally put into your body to assimilate into yourself

If you don't strive to eat the best you can for your income, you are nothing but a dirty food slut

I don't like green bell peppers either. If someone made something with them, I'd eat some anyway and pretend it didn't suck to me. It's like polite and shit so you don't hurt someone's feelings. You just need to roll with it and have some general, non-committal compliments ready for shit that's not so great. It's a fine line between being gracious enough to not arouse suspicions, but not making people think it's your favorite thing. By the way, fucking everybody hates a few things. The difference between a picky eater and a not-picky eater is how well they hide it in public.

On the other side, I appreciate that you try to make picky-proof food. It's considerate. However, since most people are going to pretend to like it anyway (barring rotten, or extremely poorly cooked food), it hardly matters. You could probably lighten up. Nobody cares. Something to laugh about.

No joke some of the stuff you guys make didn't make sense at all toe, like your pancake's are big and fluffy like bread while mine are completely flat and supposed to be rolled like a burrito.
I have tried to make American pancakes ten times following different recipes and I always fuck them up and I don't even know why.
Tried making hash browns too I even did the water and dry thing and cooked them really dry but they reduced from the size of a potsto to being barely a spoon of of shit

Baking powder makes pancakes fluffy.

For the pancakes, make sure you're using the specified amount of baking soda. Only mix the wet and dry ingredients immediately before cooking. Since the baking soda is the leavener, the moment it hits the liquid, the rising action begins. Stir for about 10 seconds, no longer. lumps are fine, even preferable. They'll cook out. Take any liquid amount in a recipe as a suggestion. I've found most recipes make medium to thin batter. I start with half the amount, then add more if it needs it. Never fuck around with low fat milk. Full fat minimum, but milk and heavy cream is better. If you've got yourself some dank buttermilk, it wants a splash of heavy cream, too. For thicc pancakes, the batter should be like cake batter, almost pudding consistency. Also, if you've got a crummy old cardboard box of baking soda, humidity may have ruined it.

This. Sometimes I intentionally add too much for UFO/Flying Saucer Cakes