Why is flavored kefir so good but unflavored so gross?

Why is flavored kefir so good but unflavored so gross?

Other urls found in this thread:

lifewaykefir.com/why-our-kefir-is-99-percent-lactose-free/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Better question is, why can't I find any lemon flavored Kefir? Strawberry, Raspberry and Plain is all I can find. For a while there were those gross liquid ones with mango and shit, but never lemon.

And I clearly remember having lemon kefir as a kid.

Sugar. The flavored stuff usually has more sugar to make it taste better. Otherwise it would taste like assholes with overtones of honey

Plain Kefir is far superior you giant pleb.

Because you're a wuss. Flavored kefir is totally palateable if you can stand yogurt. Also, make sure you don't go nonfat.

Kefir already has a shitton of kefiran and lactic acid, it's sweet as it is.

What's the point of kefir?

Does it make you shit?

Plain tastes like you dank buttermilk, what's not to love.

Probiotic. Not only makes you shit better, helps keep up your git bacteria, helping you digest food more fully

>lactic acid
>sweet

user lactose is sweet. Lactic acid is sour. It's literally just "Greek Gogurt".

Well, fair enough. But kefiran, which is a product of the lactose conversion, is a polysaccharide (which is why the label claims lactose-free but there is still sugar on the label).

Not as sweet as sugar, mind you.

lifewaykefir.com/why-our-kefir-is-99-percent-lactose-free/

Oh, my bad. Glucose and galactose are the byproducts. So yes, sweet as sugar.

Tastes good.

>there are no specific health benefits to probiotics
>probiotic organism genus differs per product, and per brand, AND per batch
>there is no governing body that verifies probiotic counts in commercial products
>2013 study by Consumer Lab: most brands have around 20% of the claimed organism counts
>there is no evidence that probiotics prevent a single disease or ailment
>probiotics: the meme Activia sold the world

>drinking mass-produced kefir
>not making your own yogurt and enjoying tasty ayran every day

because you don't like kefir, you like sweetener.

#REKT

>ayran

Get your disgusting cockroach semen drink out of here.

Because you have a childs palette

t. butthurt Balkanlkar/Gayreek.

Wouldn't Balkanlar like ayran because it's closer to the consistency of their yogurt?

What the fuck has a palette to do with kefir?

Ayran and keffir are good for different things. Ayran compliments sweet things nicely or is good by itself, whereas keffir is good with savoury meals.

>>probiotics: the meme Activia sold the world
Activia marketed their one strain to help people with constipation to be more regular, be able to poop (and not the reverse). I'm sure if your daily issue is being stopped up, and Activia didn't do anything, you'd utterly stop buying it, like you would know if you pooped or experienced continued pain and bloating.

I'm sure that other claims vary as you said, including actual live culture that makes it past digestion (capsules are better really). I gotta say that I can chug kefir because I find it delicious and it has filling protein and vitamins, not just probiotics. It's refreshingly tart.
Lifeway was replaced at my local Publix with the greek god one in OPs picture. It's ridiculously sweeter and more caloric, and they don't carry plain. Wish they would switch back. I miss my tartness. Also the jug design is poor, as the top tapers too narrowly to allow the ultra-thick yogurt to completely be decanted. Unless I add some water or milk in there and shake it up, I kid you not, I leave about 30% in the bottle, even if I store it upside down. It's thicker than yoplait. My last portion goes into the blender because of the thinning out.

I buy kefir or greek yogurt if I'm on antibiotics,or have had some kind of food poisoning that slammed my gut, and then continue it for like the two weeks following it. I think it does help me just be the normal me a little faster. I think icelandic people are sparklingly pretty people with amazing skin and I enjoyed skyr while there, but at home all the brands are stupidly sweet and nothing like what I had there. I think that's a gimmick here. It's not skyr.