Is $12-15 a day for food too much for a single person?

is $12-15 a day for food too much for a single person?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zzVqJPkiul0
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=cooked eggs 100g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

expensive as fuck

$40/wk maximum

stop eating fast food and learn to cook
this is why america is failing as a country

how did you know it was fast food man, i'm a fast-food addict but didn't want to reveal

I cook all my own food and spend $200 every 2 weeks on groceries. I eat really well and buy organic food. I spend more than this if I eat out, which I do tend to do also. $12-15 a day is totally reasonable.

because I used to buy alot of fast food. I red pilled my self and now I LOVE cooking. I wish i had discovered the joys of cooking earlier in life

I spend ~$500CAD/mo on groceries between my girlfriend and I.

We both drink coffee for breakfast, have a small lunch (sandwich or leftovers) and meat (chicken, steak, ground beef) + 2 or 3 veggies for dinner every night. Preparing food is expensive, dude.

I have try to keep it down to $500.

Retards steak is 6.99 pound on sale, banks skinless chicken thighs are 2.99 a pound. $15-20 is perfect for a perfectly rounded (3) meals a day purchased and cooked. If you are eating fast food at $15 a day you retarded, lazy, and will soon be unhealthy. If you want to eat out healthily (3) times a day you have to double that.

This

i dont know how you are spending 500 a month on groceries. do you live in hawaii? what the fuck are you buying?

you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. for 20 bucks i can make a feast for 5 people

you mean just for lunch? heh

t. cityfolk

post pic of that feast i hope you're not gonna post curry

$12-15 is more of less what i manage in NYC as a single dude. cook about half my meals. also, even if i do groceries, I'm not necessarily saving money because I'm buying good shit. in general, it's a hassle buying and cooking efficiently for one person. stuff goes to waste pretty often, so I try to buy/cook enough for 1-2 meals at a time only. i almost never cook anything fancy cuz im lazy and eat healthy. ill eat some yogurt and muesli for a meal, or a can of sardines and some good bread.

don't even need that, just replace with veggies n shrooms baby

let me go cook one up, be back in an hour

wanna know how i know you dont cook?

I can make a “feast” as well. But are you going to make 1 dish and eat it (3) times a day? Is that your idea of a square and balanced diet? Our are you going to make (3) square meals a day which would land you directly at $15-20 dollars a day faggot?

can doesn't mean should. everyone needs to find their own balance of what they can be bothered to prepare or even eat. i can cook on the cheap, but i don't want to eat the same thing or cook in bulk and reheat shit that's been in the fridge for days on end

have you ever gone grocery shopping before? the fuck are you talking about eating the same meal 3 times a day?

I work in construction. Not overweight but because I have no time and need a lot of food I spend about £100/$140 a week on food.

google some random pic of your liking and also how?

depends on how much you make and how much you can comfortably spend. but 12-15 a day?
you can easily eat for a week with 30-40 dollars. If you want to save money you easily could.

1.buy food
2.cook food
3.break each meal down into cost per meal
4.enlightenment

Yes lived on my own for a better part of a decade. I cook very well, my brother is a chef and it’s dificult for anyone to decide which of us is the better cook. $15-20 a day is perfect for fresh fruit, vegetables, fresh meats (never frozen) all non processed ingredients. Or you can buy a bag of frozen chicken tenders and rice er roni and eat for under $10 a day, and be sluggish and fat all day.

Im an expert at this so here are some good meals to bulk prepare/buy.

BreakFAST
-3lb Oatmeal, quick dry oats
($0.39-$0.80/lb)
~$1.50

-2 Jars Peanut Butter
($1.29-$1.79/jar)
~$3.00
-Frozen Blueberries(weight varies 1lb+ atleast)
($3.00-$5.00)
~$4.00

>brown sugar as extra, bulk buy should only uses about $0.05 a meal

Use 2-3tbps Peanutbutter with 60-80g of dry oats and 50-60g of blueberries. Sugar to taste

~600-800 calories a meal for two weeks for a total of:

~$8.50

Got more meals for lunch and dinner if you guys want more, this is the most expensive meal desu

>Failing as a country
>Revenue of top 500 corporations larger than the revenue of any entire non-USA country

okay

I spend about $20-$40 per week on groceries for meals. $40 is on the real high end though, if I get a few extras and maybe sirloin or something.

Eggs and OJ for breakfast, a snack (puffed rice cake w/ peanut butter and maybe banana) around mid day, and then usually some sort of stir fry or curry for dinner that I meal prep before the week. Pretty ez m8

>oats

i dont know how you are spending 20 bucks a day on meals. you must live in some fucked state

$30-$40 a week for 3 meals and snacks? I'd love to see a real-world shopping list .

that could definitely be done.

Cook the oats in water you autistic fuck

Why are people so retarded? They either waste time with complex recipes and money on stupid ingredients or eat out every day. They fall for every single nutrition meme instead of weighing practical implications like cost and time.
I spend about 120-140 a month and 15 minutes per meal twice a day.

200 a day once you develop a taste for sushi oysters and booze ur fukd

Los Angeles, CA. It doesn’t look like anyone has figured in drinks? Coffee, orange juice? Waters? Or does everyone stay home all day and drink tap water?

A thing of steel cut oats will last you 2 weeks, for 3.50
Then buy some organic bananas for 2 bucks, you have a healthy strong breakfast for around 4 dollars a week

water and coffee or your a faggot

I think he was referring to the quality of life in the US. Which, is quite honestly pretty shitty if you remove superficial consumerism from the picture.

Eggs are far healthier than oats. Are you guys trying to eat healthy and have an active lifestyle or feed yourselves on the cheap for some sort of retarded minimalist victory?

California? yeah you are in a fucked state.
make your own coffee and drink it black, you dont need 5 dollar starbucks. keep drinking fiji water and xenoestrogens soyboy

>tap water

yeah I live in Canada, my government doesn't poison my water so I can drink unlike you idiots down there

Are you fucking stupid? Oats are equally if not healthier than eggs. Oh I’m sorry... I forgot most amerifats think Quaker instant is acceptable oatmeal. Get up and cook some real oats retard

How the fuck do you do it so cheap and not either eat like shit or spend your whole time cooking.

Frozen veg x 2kg = $10
chicken x 1kg = $13
Milk, bread = $10
Almonds, goji berries = $10
Tuna, carrot, zucchini, cheese = $15
Instant rice (this is dumb expensive but too convenient) = $10
misc (eggs, fruit, juice, snacks, cereal, whatever) = 30

That's about 100 bucks and lasts 4 days, so 25 a day.

I drink coffee black retard, no sugary shit here. But unlike the rest of you in this thread I’m not trying to Purdue every other faggot to see how thrifty I am. I work and work out, and including the occasional meal at a restaurant $105-$140 a week for myself is very comfortable. Have fun drinking your silk and munching on oats and rice cakes all day.

I'll hear them

what is this Mad Men?

quaker oats have like 20-30% calories from sugar, it's ridiculous, stay away from those for sure

youtube.com/watch?v=zzVqJPkiul0

love me some oats in the instapot and I a a burger don’t judge eurofag

black coffee in california is 140 bucks a week?
what a shit hole. your probably a metrosexual chink

Join this decade, eggs are full of protein and healthy fats. Oats are full of....wheat which is gluten which is turned into sugar...

nigga $13 for 2 lbs of chicken what the fuck am i reading. I can get like 7 lbs of breast at Aldi's for $14

During crypto peak I was ordering $50 a day off grub hub

>oats are full of wheat
(You)

You guys are spending a fortune on meat. I only eat chicken like every other day, otherwise I get my protein from brown rice, eggs, beans, whole milk. Plus I eat a lot of frozen veggies. Shit is good and cheap.

yeah but you have chicken instead of fish or beef

also, $10 for what I'm assuming is those small ass boxes of instant rice? I'm convinced you're retarded. Buy a bag of white or brown rice that'll last you 2 weeks for like $1.50

bro oats are NOT full of wheat LMAO. It's gluten free, slow digesting carb makes you feel fuller. You can def add an egg or two to the meal i listed earlier and it's still perfectly balanced and healthy. Personally the fat to protein ratios from eggs can be achieved easier and cheaper from other foods, i hate cooking eggs. Do some research on oats, unless you're just trolling

Your reading comprehension and debate skills are magnificent. How did you turn 21 square meals a week, including drinks, and takeout for $140 a week into “$140 for drinks”

he said 1kg of chicken for $13 what are you getting at

There's like almost no fat in eggs themselves. The only fat in finished, fried eggs, is the fat you fried them in. If boiled, then none. I usually add fat to eggs, in the form of (cold pressed) olive or coconut oil. Coconut oil btw is great for losing bodyfat and assisting in muscle development.

carbs are deadly, nigger.

dude look at the egg carton. there's as much fat as protein in an egg.

mmmm, flacid!

t.retard

Not interested in spending 30+ mins waiting for and cleaning up after brown rice every day if i don't have to for a measly extra $9 or so. But even if we sub that out for bulk rice we're still left with $300+ a fortnight

Eat eggs in the morning, buy whole milk instead of skim, enjoy regular ice cream instead of frozen yogurt. All of these are newly realized/rediscovered healthy foods.

But getting back to the original topic. $15-20, or $105-$140 a week in food/drinks for a single person is not ridiculous. No matter what the minimalist hipsters in this thread say.

Yes.

you're not making any sense

You guys must have been raised with American education.

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=cooked eggs 100g

most chicken is disgusting and not worth it at any price.

Idk who cares just make more money.

>ice cream
>Healthy food

Stupid fuck it's full of unsaturated fat and sugar

12pack microwaveable burritos on a budget.

Lunch-Tacos

Pull up to a mexican store near you and get some carne asada (beef) or buy some chicken breasts and salsa.

-Corn flour tortillas 36ct x 2 (lasts 3-4 weeks)
($1.29)
~$3.00

2 jars of Salsa ($1.79-$2.50)
~$4.00
>choice of meat (beef, chicken, pork)
price varies depending on where you live
($2.00-$5.50lb) approx 1-2lb/week
~$6.50
-Pork or chicken 2lbs. Bring water to boil, throw chicken and pork in there, simmer for a while then dump 3/4 jar of salsa and pull apart the meat while cooking still.

-beef just chop and cook on the pan

1lb of the following veggies

zucchini ($0.79/lb)
squash ($0.89/lb)
onion ($0.39)
lime x 5 ($0.50)
Chop and mix. Season lightly with olive oil salt pepper.

Assemble DOUBLE corn tortilla, meat, veggie salad. Dip in salsa and enjoy.(price much cheaper if you don't dip in salsa, only soak the meats in it)

Total:
~$9.50 for 2 weeks of shit
~$6.00 for 1 week of meat

Calories per taco ~190

DOUBLE STACK THE TORTILLAS BEFORE ASSEMBLING. TASTES BETTER AND WONT GET DESTROYED.

I didn’t say go balls deep in a tub of Hagen Das, I said just eat a little ice cream instead of thinking you’re making a healthy choice with frozen yogurt. Fuck is everyone in here liberal?

This was my go-to in grad school when I was broke as fuck:

* Dice 1 jumbo onion, 1 medium tomato, 1 green pepper, and however much garlic you want
* Brown 1 lb of ground beef and mix with veggies
* Add beef + veggies to crockpot with 1 lb of black beans and seasoning - I used a homemade taco seasoning that had a bunch of Cayenne pepper added to it (the black beans are too bland otherwise)
* Add a couple quarts of water (I use a small crockpot so this is almost to the top for me) and just let it cook on high in the crockpot until that water is almost all gone, like the lazy motherfucker you are
* Serve with cooked whole grain rice

Made like 10 servings for $12 worth of ingredients.

You don't have to make brown rice every day. Unless you're eating it with all 3 meals, just make a couple cups of it and it'll last you the week. If you don't want to wait 30 min to cook it (which is retarded because you dont have to fucking watch it) then make white rice, that takes like 10 minutes.
> cleaning up after
you mean rinsing the pot?
> measly extra $9
you asked how the fuck we do it so cheap and I told you. You're spending almost 10 times as much on the simplest thing. Reevaluate your shit

underrated post

my american education says that's 58% fat which isn't low. for reference that database says cheddar cheese is 71% and ribeye steak is 50%. In what world aren't eggs a high fat foot

The chicken breast I buy is perfectly fine. Maybe trim a few slices of fat here and there once in a while and give it a quick rinse. At $14 for ~7 lbs I'd say it's damn sure worth it.

Kek. Not even a eurofag, just hate my fellow Amerifats. Burgers should eat more steel cut/rolled oats to reduce all that cholesterol. It'd be okay if people did some form of physical activity everyday but damn, we've been reduced to consumerism and normalizing unhealthy habits

$3.42 pk of 8

why are you even here then traitor

Just the fatties retard, oh wait... everyone's fat now.

considering i eat 30 cent packages of ramen uhhhh yeah...just a bit!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Amerimutts.

Fuck off faggot.

nigga I spend that for a single dish

i spend $13 on stinky snacks a day
I order through the mcstinkies mobile oracle app which connects my linkies directly to my stinkies

this i just get boneless chicken breasts for $11 some potato buns for $3 a bag some bbq sauce and pull the chicken apart mix it in bbq and have a weeks worth of pulled chicken sandwiches that are way fucking better than any shit fast food can offer

im also a

For me, it's a Large Quarter Pounder® Meal with a side of Six McNuggets® with Sweet and Sour Sauce.

I spend about 80 USD a day but I’m an airline pilot have more or less eaten in restaurants for 75% of my meals the last 20 years.

Pic related, this was lunch today in Guangzhou. Turk pizza and tomato salad.

Make sandwiches or whatever for lunch. So damn easy. Then cook your own meals for dinner (fry a damn steak if you have to) and eat cereal for breakfast.

This is your baseline no brainer routine you can improve on that is healthier and cheaper than whatever the fuck amorons do.

Then with the excess $ fill your consumer habit need to spend money on a damn fine restaurant for a decent $15 meal. Do international if you have no mates.

That stuff will taste so damn good.

Brown rice, steel cut oats, sweet potatoes, whey protein powder, olive/coconut oils, grass fed butter, free range eggs, whole milk, and unsalted nuts/seeds are all inexpensive, healthy, and calorie dense staples. I splurge on grass fed/ free range steak and chicken, or wild fish as additional proteins, but you can technically have a balanced plant based diet cheaper. I’ll mix in fresh fruit in smoothies after workouts but otherwise try to stay away from simple sugars. If you buy in bulk and meal prep you can easily eat vegetarian for under $5-$6/ day in the US but adding in willd/free range proteins can easily push you in to the $10-$15 range

are you a good one or those shitty ones that bangs the plane when they land

>not having a bitch to cook all your meals

finding one that can cook is pure luck

Good one but it doesn’t matter. I fly boxes now anyway !