Meals a student can make and also lose weight

First time posting here, and since there's no sticky I'm not sure how to go about this but here goes

I'm a student living in a dorm, and I'm currently trying to lose weight. I'm a very bad cook, and have only learned a tiny bit in middle school for like a year. I was wondering if any of you could recommend meals that aren't difficult to make / takes a long time that is also healthy?
Pic slightly related cause its more or less the only 'proper' breakfast I can make, except for bread with topping

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jzm2kExgIPc&feature=youtu.be&t=2m50s
foodnetwork.com/recipes/robin-miller/stir-fried-chicken-and-vegetables-recipe0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wouldn't recommend eggs every day, maybe do some scrambled eggs on the weekend but then weekdays do oatmeal which is really easy.

For how to lose weight go to Veeky Forums /thinspo/ general, current one here: Read the FAQ there and the Model Diet Guide.

The short version is that you can eat whatever you want and lose weight as long as it is below your TDEE. Get MyFitnessPal (it's free) and start counting calories.

The trick is the eat healthy and go slow, then you can become permanently skinny and not lose your motivation. I recommend no more than a 500 calorie deficit.

>I wouldn't recommend eggs every day
>For how to lose weight go to Veeky Forums /thinspo/ general

Kill yourself.

My diet is doing pretty okay already really, I lost almost 10 pounds the first two weeks, but I can't just live on bread with smoked salmon anymore, so I really need some meals that I can easily make to have more variety and get all the nutrients I need

Thanks for the tips though!

No problem. Make some salads. It's a good way to sneak veggies and variety in. Careful with the dressing obviously, but you can find some lean ones. Then can cook some chicken or turkey up and put it on top for the protein.

delete this thread before the cholesterol shitstorm begins

When I was cutting as a student I would eat a mix of oats, pb and whey protein with veggies on the side.

diary is literally poison so generally a good idea to limit it

>diary

also
>implying eggs are dairy

>I lost almost 10 pounds the first two weeks
Jesus fucking Christ, either you're lying, rounding very generously or measuring wrong (my money is on one of these) or you really should slow down and/or see a doctor. Almost a pound a day is unreal, literally.

But on topic, oatmeal, maybe with some (!) toppings is incredibly hard to fuck up, filling and cheap as well. 80g of oats is ~300kcal, 200ml of milk (2%) another 100, makes 400 for a warm, incredibly quick and easy breakfast.

I sometimes have it twice a day, when I'm too lazy for anything else

What was your stool like?

>what is water weight

A-user, I went went from 104.2 kg to 100 kg. That's 9.2 pounds or something. I pushed myself through exercise every day and only had 3 meals a day along with maybe one or two snacks if I got really hungry.

Normal, I've not had any tummy problems or anything

>I'm a student living in a dorm, and I'm currently trying to lose weight.

You should try to reduce carbohydrates (rice, pasta, bread) to 10-20% of your diet to lose weight. Low-carb diets have been proven to be more efficient than low-fat diets. Also you can keep eating the good and fatty stuff.

45% fat
45% protein
10% carbs

Eggs are a good start, they are a really good protein source.

Frittatas are pretty easy egg recipes, just saw some especially easy ones on the youtube of that british meme cook:
youtube.com/watch?v=Jzm2kExgIPc&feature=youtu.be&t=2m50s

Also fried chicken with vegetables is probably one of the easiest recipes.
foodnetwork.com/recipes/robin-miller/stir-fried-chicken-and-vegetables-recipe0.html

>eat less food
>lose weight

How is it so fucking hard for you fat fucks to understand this? It has nothing to do with WHAT you eat, it's HOW MUCH you eat.

>reading comprehension
I never asked for help on specifically the losing weight part, just meals that are easy to make that aren't burgers or anything else filled with calories

Thanks, I'll check the recipies out

Stop stuttering

If your burgers have "too many calories" then eat smaller burgers. And while we're on the subject stop fucking snacking all day long too.

If you're dissatisfied with the way everything tastes then look up recipes online for things you think will taste good, and then make them. As long as you're not stuffing your fat face every time you sit down at the table you won't gain weight no matter what you eat, even if it's fucking cheesecake and fried chicken.

>If you're dissatisfied with the way everything tastes then look up recipes online for things you think will taste good, and then make them.
This is currently almost exactly what I'm doing

Fat Fuck here. That's completely possible depending on the weight. I've recently started back after falling off the wagon for a bit and I lost 7 lbs in 6 days at first.

Eggs and oatmeal, as plain as possible. Plus frozen vegetables, rices and beans prepared yourself.

At least you try to improve yourself. Most of the fat shits I know don't even care anymore. Good for you user, keep up the fantastic work.

Thank you so much!

If you succeed and start enjoying life, I'll murder you.

Good!

Just go to Veeky Forums. People will actually explain to you why to include/not include foods in your diet with actual facts. I'd rather go to pony board for diet advice than Veeky Forums.

Eggs are good for breakfast, along with a complex carb like oatmeal will give you energy through the day. Also there is nothing wrong with eating eggs, it's just outdated science that says they are bad. Nowadays we known the difference between HDL and LDL cholesterol. Drop all sodas obviously for water. Meats like chicken are very easy to cook and have low calories for a serving. Green veggies like broccoli and spinach are good.

OP, as a college student, you should have access to the school gym and some kind of fitness tracking, diet and nutrition assistance or some kind of free class. There is a free thing called OA, overeaters anonymous. And, of course /fit is free. Not only that, you can check out books from your library at school, from South Beach to Atkins to Weight Watchers cookbooks (which all contain a 2-3 week menu plan for inspiration). For many trying to lose weight, it's about hunger vs satiation when you first reduce calories. Just follow some American Heart Association guidelines if you don't wish to do anything drastic but keep things balanced.

For breakfast for instance, you think about only high fiber carbs, like high fiber bread and english muffins, and keeping it to the size of 1 piece. You also think about lean protein for satiety, and maybe trading some vegetables for fruits. A spinach/mushrrom omelette with some V8, and half an 18g whole wheat english muffin, might stick with you longer than two fried eggs on two pieces of toast and some juice. Whole grain oats, not the instant kind, can be made delicious with toppings that are real sugar, real cream, and a good amount of fruit and nuts, and kill hunger wayyyy past lunch. Think about having whole fruit between meals, like a bag of clementines or apples.

Fiber pills or drinks can tide you over until your stomach shrinks a bit and you get ahold of your meal plan changes. Many dieters journal and find out certain menus were better at hunger. Of course drink your shit tons of water each day so you don't confuse hunger and thirst.

Once you've tackled breakfast with 3-4 choices to do each day. Cup of soup or sm salad before dinner handles the munchies while you prep the rest. And doing a basic baked chicken breast on the bone, plus frozen veggie or two, you start to get good at portions and fat cals, and the rest takes care of itself. Lunch low cal wraps, salad greens, cream cheese, meat,dressing

>not fermenting your eggs into eggcheese

Don't eat. Don't walk. Just go on Veeky Forums and sleep. Eventually all your muscle and fat will disappear, leaving you a blank slate to work with.

Great advice