Do female philosophers exist?

Do female philosophers exist?

>being this pleb

Stop any time.

>christian mystic
>french
literally who?

Actually yeah, this ugly bitch, HP Blavatsky

Perhaps this is b8, but in case people are interested, the answer is yes.

A few big ones off the top of my head: Anscombe, Foot, Barcan Marcus, Thomson, Korsgaard, Nussbaum, Cartwright, Churchland, Millikan

>simone weil
into the trash it goes

You don't seem like your typical Veeky Forums dunce. Have you read anything by Susanne Langer? Very interested in checking out a few of her works.

So all female philosophers are either satanists or pseudo-communists?

cmon Veeky Forums you can do better

First one I thought of and she's a pragmatist

Also Nussbaum

OP is trying for a bait thread; he's just not very good at it.

spot the cunt in the thread

I know I'm just an autist and have to take everything seriously

Muh keks

Spot the triggered cunt in the thread.

All female philosophers I've read have been total haacks.

Hmm, nope, haven't heard of her, but I don't know much about philosophy of art, which seemd to be her main thing. Looks interesting based on the wiki page, worked with Whitehead, and has papers published in the major journals of her time (JPhil, Mind). I'd say check her out!

nice joke

Are occultists philosophers? Is that her doctrine?

Thank you very much.

That same show came to my city, it was great, and I usually hate ceramics.

Patrician taste in art tbqh

You forgot rand

So much hate

>Anscombe, Foot, Barcan Marcus, Thomson, Korsgaard, Nussbaum, Cartwright, Churchland, Millikan

Good list - you got the main ones. Here are a few more:

Mary Hesse
Dorothy Edgington
Iris Murdoch
Susan Wolf
Julia Annas
Annette Baier
Susan Hurley
Lynne Rudder Baker
Iris Marion Young
Onora O'Neill
Margaret Boden
Susan Haack
Frances Kamm
Sarah Broadie
Jennifer Hornsby
Barbara Partee
L.A. Paul
Helen Longino

Thanks, yeah the ones whose work I've read on that list (Edgington, Wolf, Baier, O'Neill (who is also a baroness, lol), Kamm, Partee, and Paul) I really respect. Also want to mention Sarah Moss, who is great (though still pretty early in her career).

>Barbara Partee
Thought about including her, but didn't because mainly she's a semanticist. She is awesome, though. Also great semanticists with work relevant to philosophers: Angelika Kratzer and Irene Heim, especially the former.

>Also want to mention Sarah Moss, who is great (though still pretty early in her career).
Agreed; I've read a few of her papers. There are a lot of great younger female philosophers that I left out so the list didn't get too long.

>She is awesome, though. Also great semanticists with work relevant to philosophers: Angelika Kratzer and Irene Heim, especially the former.
Indeed. All three have done a lot to make semantics a real respectable science.

And one more I forgot to mention - Penelope Maddy, philosopher of mathematics.

>tfw you'll never fight in the durruti column

Edith Stein?

Hilary Putnam, she's dead now though RIP

Holy shit, that guy is so fucking annoying. You can tell he's so full of himself and thinks he's entertaining. It's embarrassing.

Good

Some people categorize Thomas Aquinas as a philosopher, so yeah, I guess so.

HAHHAHAH.. Like L.Rond Hubbard is a philosopher now too. hehehe

Anscombe, Beauvoir, maybe Butler, maybe noddings. That's about it for the 20th century

Simone Weil and Arendt

Not an argument.

A R E N D T
R
E
N
D
T
Hannah Arendt

Not an argument

They exist but obviously they aren't as good as the males, otherwise we'd talk about them without having the bring up "female x."

I think you just described her, why are you asking who she is?

If by 'we' you mean actual philosophers, then we do talk about them without having to bring up "female x". Just google scholar search some of those listed in
If you mean typical Veeky Forums posters by 'we', then it's a pretty bad inference from 'we don't mention without bringing up 'female'' to 'aren't as good as the ones we mention simpliciter'.

>ywn fight the fascists with your qt anarchist gf atop Barcelona's roofs

just fucking kill me right now, senpai

>women in a warzone

fitting roleplay for your roleplay political ideals lmao

enjoy the moment when your roleplay.... turns to rapelay

Abstraction is a male skill. Some women can do it because some wires got crossed while they were in the oven, too much testosterone or whatever, but as a group they're basically incapable.

This is why women are bad at pretty much everything in the world. Even little things. When you see a traffic jam, your primordial hunter brain is like
>Allow me to project this into an abstracted bird's-eye view diagram of traffic. Hmm, I see.. yes.. if only I could move those two cars to the right, and let that one through..
>Perhaps I could devise some kind of collaborative social mechanism whereby my ideas could be put into practice, and we could alleviate more traffic jams. Or perhaps the very nature of "traffic" itself is problematic? I must think on this, later.

When a woman sees it she's like like
>nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE RED ONE IS RAPING THE BLUE ONE.. RED MAKES ME FEEL SAD... ONE TIME WHEN I FELT SAD I WAS EATING A HOAGIE.. I WANT A HOAGIE NOW!!! WHY ISN'T ANYONE GIVING ME A HOAGIE?? THIS MAKES ME FEEL SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RED CARS ARE EVIL!!!!!!
Then she starts crying. And no one knows why.

That's why women can't do philosophy.

*patronizing pat on the head*
Good post user.

quality posting here, truly one of /r9k/'s greatest :^)

>look at these brave women, posing for pictures while taking a brief break from smiting capitalism! I bet they got out there and really SLAYED those fascist pigs! Truly gender equality is the only way to secure the future of the revol*suddenly 36 fascists surge into the room, guns blazing at the quaggy, gay bodies of the young anarchists. The firefight is over in moments, as the anarchists thought that fighting a war was mostly about making a cool fort and sitting around taking Instagram pictures of themselves, while the fascists were all congenitally nihilistic illiterate mountainfolk from Albania, selected for their ability to efficiently smash prisoners to death with their rifle butts when ordered. The most beautiful anarchist women were quickly selected -- all having dropped their poorly maintained rifles during the fight in a desperate attempts to tweet about their situation -- and lined up against the wall. The fascists then took turns raping them, over and over again, while their few surviving cucks could only look onward. Comrade McReddit tried to look away, tried to think of the beautiful and heroic times earlier that year, when they had all chosen cool anarchist nicknames for themselves, changing their Tumblr URLs to reflect their allegiance to the Good Fight. But one of the fascists, taking a brief reprieve from sodomizing his oneitis, forced his eyes open, made him watch as his friends rolled up all the rasterbated antifa posters and stuffed them up one of the girl's vaginas. Every single one of the anarchist girls orgasmed powerfully, developed instant Stockholm syndrome, and married one of their stalwart conquerors. The anarchists were buried in ditches, still clutching the merchandise bearing ironic anti-capitalist catchphrases that they purchased on ThinkGeek.com.

This is what living on the Internet does to your perception of time, history, and social dynamics.

Mouffe is one of my major influences, Zizek likes her too

not unless you want a Treatise on Lipstick

women are too dumb for philosophy, lol

Continental -> theory -> muh gender studies

Yes.

Well when you look at the actual stats, it's more likely that the woman will say, "OK I need to get to my job and save my money and make it to college" while she will usually not be a genius.

At the same tjme it's far more likely that a man like you OP, will go ",hurrr I can probably shit in a bucket and that way I will never have to leave my bedroom!"

Women are usually not stupid, men are. Men are also more often geniuses. That would be relative to you if you weren't fucktarded

it's so easy to tell this was written by a broad

why do they make themselves so obvious?

Beauvoir and Butler are pseuds. See this list for actual philosophers.

>A Treatise on Lipstick
That would be a good title for a book.

>Everyone who disagrees with me is offended

Not a broad pal. I'm a guy. (PS calling me a broad doesn't make the previous post you made less
Stupid.)

What I said is also true. Women are less likely to be fucking idiots, and also less likely to be super intelligent. They are in the middle on the bell curve.

Because of this they are able to mostly have good social lives and not have to eek out an existence being angry at an entire gender because you can't get with one of its members

>i'm not a woman! but you're a virgin for disliking women, virgin! you just can't get laid!!!! not a woman btw

hahahaha hello woman. are you mad?

>eek out

lmfao woman retard

I'll accept Butler's a pseud since ultimately I think it would have to agree with that, but Beauvoir's philosophy is better than Sartre and her ass approaching Beyonce levels of bootilicious so it doesn't even count she's gay and a pedo, she's a female philosopher of note by any metric. Except Heidegger but then Arendt doesn't have n00ds does she?

>spacing posts out

>like this

>"(PS calling me a broad doesn't make the previous post you made less
>Stupid.)"
Take your fucking tampon and get out of here, princess, nobody cares about your rancid moist hole here.

You are only proving my point.

>Admiting you dislike women
>Haha u mad

Do you even know how to argue? Can you respond to anything in the post intelligently?

the woman who wrote the second sex . whatever her name was. also ayn rand

>occultist
>philosopher

choose one

>Be me
>Still not a girl.
>Look up at tab
>See that it reads Veeky Forums
>Wonder why it feels like R9K in here
>Scratch my head
>Scratch my hairy nutsack
>Wonder some more

Don't you have a YA novel you're supposed to be reading, sweetheart.

>occultist
>philosopher
>choose one

>pal

Yeah you're a broad lol

your hypocrisy knows no bounds. Every brick you see, or at least 99% of them, is there because a man put it there.

yikes

>Be you, men
>Mock women for thier emotional nature
>Praise your own logic anf level-headedness
>Proceed to say that a man is a woman because he doesn't talk like you.

This is pretty funny. Yeah.... men so stupid. With their tools, their literature, their math, science, vehicles, airplanes, space exploration.

Those idiots going all the way to Antarctica to explore lol, they should be just like me, living in a mans world, while they do all the work, and I do nothing but call men stupid, that's TRUE intelligence.

Literally who: the list

Quit pretending these women are on par with anything the great philosophers have put out. They were all men. Just like with literature. Men excel at it, and everytime you want to mention your Weills or Woolfs it shows how much you're grasping at straws.

I'm not the guy you were arguing with honey.

Seriously though, your posts are embarrassingly obvious, are you going to post tits or something soon? Or are you a disgusting hamplanet who somehow got knocked out of tumblr orbit and wanted to be a tourist here for a while?

h-happy Mother's Day everybody

>partaking in shitty consumerism meme days

>Turning this into man vs women when
1. I'm not a woman
2. I said that because of IQ placement and statistics, it seems that men are more often the idiots or the geniuses, will girls are of average and above average intellect mainly

>Loving your mother is a meme

That's the nature of women, they think because men go with their lies in order to avoid weird cringe situations or in order to get their pussy, that we actually believe them lol.

It's so funny how she literally has shown herself to be a woman in every way mentally, but expects us to believe her she's a man.

The funny part is, that also helps further proof she's a woman. She has this feeling that is we think she's a man we will be like "oh boy, how wrong are we, look other men can hate men and praise women, perhaps that's the way we men need to be" LOL

Even if she was a man, what would it prove? Nothing, the world knows what kind of manginas exist out there.

>tfw was gonna take my parents out to Olive Garden today but mom is sick

soon

You love her only one day of the year? You show her you love her only one day of the year? Whatever way you twist and turn it, Mother's Day is a bullshit day, same as Valentine's and whatever other nonsense there is. If you need to adhere to a day in the year to show your appreciation and love for someone you might as well not do it at all, it's meaningless.

>R9K
some of them really bought it when /a/ told them it's not gay if one of you's wearing a skirt?

>Beauvoir's philosophy is better than Sartre
That's an embarrassingly low bar.

Even if I was a woman trying to sneak my agenda into Veeky Forums, I wouldn't be as pathetic as this attempt to demoralize someone with such hairbrained schemes as reminding women they have tits

>lol
>LOL
>mangina
Who uses these words? You sound a bit like a retarded woman, or just a woman.

do be a philosopher you have to be an adult person with agency who has ideas in their head other than what to look at next on their facebook feed, so no, female philosophers don't exist

so is descartes and a lot of non german phil. we can't hold it against her, or else everybody will be in here pointing out camus's a novelist.

If you are not familiar with philosophy, you should not be posting in this thread.

I wonder if you believe that male transgenders are women because they sound that way mentally to some faggot on Veeky Forums.

Inb4 you imply I'm a tranny. I'm saying that for someone to emotionally sound like a women when you have no context other than words is fucking stupid.

There's no way in hell that women can be above average intellect when they hardly help society and actually live like parasites making man's (the people who build civilizations) life harder, but I guess in exchange you guys produce the children needed so we don't die out.

When man lives a privileged life, he has time to think, to study, to invent, to discover. Women, especially WHITE WOMEN, arguably the most privileged group in the history of man kind, who are protected, given things for free, sought after, never alone, don't create, build, invent, or discover.

>inb4 insert a few examples, now you're wrong and every woman is now a scientist/explorer and men are all idiots

>Even if I was a woman
But you are. It's funny how it started off with complete denial and now you're making up some kind of hypothetical situation "oh well if I WERE a woman, THEN". Go brush your hair for some hours or watch some Beverly Hills, just get out of here.

>The world started in 2002 :B

Ban.

My mother is a disgusting whore who took me away from my father to spite him.

Not sure if this was posted yet, but....

>Women, especially WHITE WOMEN, arguably the most privileged group in the history of man kind, who are protected, given things for free, sought after, never alone, don't create, build, invent, or discover.
Read about this in Esther Vila's The Manipulated Man as well, and that was back from the hippie days when feminism got big. Really quite sad most of them simply cannot come up with anything.

Again... look at her still taking the woman path of arguments.

She's trying to publicly shame me, another way of basically saying

"you have a small penis"

>I want my father's penis in me

I don't know it all, but I believe that just like we have abnormal humans who aren't born perfectly, it's perfectly possible that a woman's brain (chemistry, hormones, size?) goes in a mans body by mistake. Like that girl with two heads.