Tea drunkenness

What are your experiences with tea drunkenness?

How often does it happen?
What teas do you use?
How do you prepare it, how strong do you brew it etc?
How would you describe the feeling?

I've ordered some Chinese teas that allegedly have the effect (according to a post on Quora.com) but my experience with Chinese tea is non-existent. I've only ever drunk ordinary black and green supermarket tea in my life so I know nothing of what to expect. To all the haters who claim this is a stoner thread: yes it sort of is but I won't keep making this thread so please keep calm. I'm just seeking to gather as much information as possible on a subject that I'm unfamiliar with.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HrLaKX9J8Uo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>being a filthy stoner and a chifir swilling gopnik besides

cyкa блять

How to chifir:
1) buy cheapest black tea
2) boil the fuck out of it for 15 minutes
3) drink, vomit, never sleep again

top kek
Pu'er

Ok. What is your opinion on Da Hong Pao and Tie Guan Yin? These were also recommended on Quora.

kys

I get it when i have particularly long sessions, mainly with puerh. I wouldnt call it being drunk though, you just feel very energised and very calm minded at the same time. Its all about the mindset, if you are just drinking a mug while doing other stuff you wont concentrate on it, thats why gong fu style is so good, it forces you to fully concentrate on just the tea and your body.

When I do it with other people we also usually get more talkative and gigly

Id wait for the autumn/winter for more serious tea threads, during the summer people dont drink it as much and the poster base is a bit more shit.
Never had da hong pao, tie guan yin is hard to tell you about it, there are a lot of different varieties from more floral to more mineral, and being one of the more popular ones the quality ranges from undrinkable to very good

buy L-theanine in bulk

ripe puer from funky smelling cake
I've had two sessions today and I feel like third is coming up.
might use milk oolong instead, my heart is still beating quite heavly

what the fuck is tea drunkenness?

This.

Qi feeling. I get it as a warm feeling in the spine and slightly elevated awareness and concentration. Pretty mild though. The only time I really felt 'altered' was after a day of drinking a piece of 70's cake.
I think this is different from the chifir drunkenness which comes from guzzling too much concentrated tea essence.

i'm fairly certain you're all giggling placebo pseudo-science indulging memers

the effects of caffine and theanine
the two combine very well

youtu.be/HrLaKX9J8Uo

Worth a watch. Just happen to have a sample of the white tea cake they were drinking - looking forward to this now.

How long do you guys age your pu'er? I bought a 250mg brick for like $2 at an Asian market and the only numbers I could find on it were 2008 and 2011. My full of shit friend who lived in China until he was 12 and talks about how Chinese he is every single day can't read mandarin so he can't tell me how old it is. It's already been in the drawer for 6 months, I keep forgetting it's there and plan on drinking it when I rediscover it in a few years when I move.

I once drank 1.5 liters of strong Assam tea within half an hour or so. I was so awake that it was both painful and pleasant at the same time. I went through the university main hall and felt like I could predict the movement of people, I saw the shapes of the ceiling and furniture moving by, and I felt like everything was more than 24 fps. It was rad

>it isn't winter in half of the world right now

Not as many posters in the southern hemisphere I think

Not as many people in general.

I can read the Chinese for you if you want

Never knew this was a thing. I always end up feeling a bit funny after a few pots of chinese tea, but I just put it down to, y'know, drinking a shitload of tea. Now that I think about it, it's generally after the third pot using the same leaves.

I wouldn't describe it as drunk, more like having two puffs on a cigar. I definitely wouldn't associate it with anything more mind bending than eating half a pound of sugar.

Being "tea-drunk" doesn't literally mean you get actually drunk off of tea, it is just a term to describe the feeling you get when you have tons of caffeine and L-theanine in your system from drinking tons of tea, normally pu-erh.

If you have ever felt a little funy from drinking lots of loose leaf tea that is all it is.

Pleasant, but not intoxication. Tea just makes you feel good.

Underaged with no friends trying to get as close to the feeling of drunkenness without drinking mouth wash

I.e. its not real

T. Lipton tea drinker

OP here, I never assumed it would be the same thing as getting drunk from alcohol because then I wouldn't even have bothered, I'd just gone out and get myself some ordinary booze. I just used tea drunk as an expression to give a name to it, I don't know if it has any others.

Me drunk on puerh in singapore.

10/10 seems cool

wow this guy needs more teapots

He owns a decent tea shop, sold everything imaginable. I was ther with a friend and he invited us to share some teas with him and some of his regulars. Ended up staying there for 2 hours, great memory.

This is pretty common with tea shop owners in China. I got invited in by a guy in Hangzhou too. They're all chill as fuck.

Dunno about Da Hong Pao but TGY is very reputable.

Does this work with Chai or does the milk affect it?

Drink that shit like every day, never had this "tea drunkenness" once. I'm guessing this only works with certain loose-leaf teas?

>What are your experiences with tea drunkenness?
Making tea and putting bourbon in it

The tea current tea general is garbage so ill ask here, has anyone bought any raw puehr from yunnan sourcing lately? Never had good raw only ripe, any suggestions, perhaps on samples or a particularly good cake?

won't binging on extra strong black tea fuck up your health after a while? I'd be worried about caffeine addiction with a side of fluoride poisoning

Dont think so, there have been studies, one Ive read had people drink like 6 to 8 coffees daily for a few years and registered no correlation to health issues. But when you get too much caffeine in one sitting you get pretty nauseous, your body wont let you fuck up very much

I got you covered senpai.

Menghai is fucking awesome.

This was my first order from them and evertthing was perfect. I'm in love with my yixing teapot.

hey, I've got that green tuocha box of jia ji right next to me! it's aight, not the best factory to begin with, and I'm getting used to the smokiness

just get a bunch of samples. the w2t basics is recommended as well as an intro.

Yeah. Following them on snapchat really awakened my appetite but still havent looked into their shipping to yuroland.
Cheers, I got a menghai ripe mini cake from this year and was not disapointed, no fishiness or off flavours, really nice to steep till only water comes out.
Hows that 04 xiaguan? Dont know a lot about raws, would that be a good showcase of the typical cake?

So... this is the same as popping two caffeine pills, right?
Caffeine overdose feels like shit and is the worst kind of "high" I know of.

this is the scientific explanation for this real, albeit highly overstated phenomenon

l-theanine is a calming, concentration-improving, and steadying compound that cancels out the jittery effects of caffeine. consuming large quantities of any kind of strong tea will put a lot of these into you and result in temporarily increased metabolism, lightheadedness, and (particularly on an empty stomach) nausea. if you're trying to induce this state on purpose, the easiest way would be to make a big pot of fresh green tea, drink it, and then eat the leaves. all tea leaves are technically edible but green tea leaves are the only ones that don't taste like total ass, and obviously just straight chowing down on the leaves will get way higher quantities of everything in the leaf into your body than just drinking steeped liquid would.

i have no idea why you would want to induce this state recreationally, but (on a full stomach to avoid nausea) this can be useful for things like studying. it's like a half-assed version of the feeling of taking an adderall

That menghai is too much good. I must resist the urge of drinking that everyday.

>Hows that 04 xiaguan? Dont know a lot about raws, would that be a good showcase of the typical cake?

It's like a peat scotch. If you like the smoke flavor buy this tea! This is the first one I drink that it so much smoky. It's not typical but I love it too. Very much.

I will probably try to mix it with a little bit of scotch soon.

Sorry is meant for .

I can just picture you fucking faggots pretending to be 'drunk' after a few cups of tea, like a 14 year old who just had his first sip of beer and thinks he's wasted. Disgusting.

It happen only if I drink at least 3 liters in a short period of time, my dear neckbeard comrade.

*sheat katana and tip my fedora*

user is a high test alpha male

>teleports behind you
>shoves entire go za down your throat
Nothin personal, kid.