What was your favorite story by him?

What was your favorite story by him?

Other urls found in this thread:

ia801304.us.archive.org/10/items/422HeckmanPN2014_201510/422-HeckmanPN2014.mp3
psychedelicsalon.com/podcast-422-visualizing-the-psychedelic-experience-using-computer-graphics/
youtu.be/gZzAeYWXFpk
theparty.netraver.org.za
youtu.be/ir8OsvXPLEs
youtu.be/kILVFRlUtT8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this guy really that good?

none

How good?

El Aleph

Undr

The Garden of Forking Paths.

The one with the tigers fighting each other with knives in the circular infinite dimension.

kek

the south

I hated every single one of his stories. I wanted to kill myself after every paragraph. Shit author.

The one with the name dropping.

This was the one with the Quixote scholar and the Encyclopaedia Britannica he found in a crack in a
Buenos Aires sidewalk right?

I have only read Ficciones, but it's gotta be Tlon. The Lottery of Babylon, The Library of Babel, and The Garden of Forking Paths all come close though.

What should I read next?

The map is not the territory

Aleph, The Immortal is my absolute favorite.

There is a very interesting story by Jorge Luis Borges called "The Sect of the Phoenix." Allow me to recapitulate. Borges starts out by writing: "There is no human group in which members of the sect do not appear. It is also true that there is no persecution or rigor they have not suffered and perpetrated." He continues,

...the rite is the only religious practice observed by the sectarians. The rite constitutes the Secret. This Secret...is transmitted from generation to generation. ...The act in itself is trivial, momentary, and requires no description. ...The Secret is sacred, but is always somewhat ridiculous; its performance is furtive and even clandestine and the adept do not speak of it. There are no decent words to name it, but it is understood that all words name it or, rather, inevitably allude to it.
Borges never explicitly says what the Secret is, but if one knows his other story, "The Aleph," one can put these two together and realize that the Aleph is the experience of the Secret of the Cult of the Phoenix.

>The Immortal
Seconding. The bit where the troglodyte is revealed to be Homer is the most Veeky Forumserary plot twist I ever read.

>Secret...
>requires no description...
>sacred
>somewhat ridiculous

Pierre Menard
The Circular Ruins
The Lottery in Babylon
The Library of Babel
Death and the Compass

...Rave...

>@23:00
ia801304.us.archive.org/10/items/422HeckmanPN2014_201510/422-HeckmanPN2014.mp3

>psychedelicsalon.com/podcast-422-visualizing-the-psychedelic-experience-using-computer-graphics/

Exploring
Icaros
Electronic Dance Music

Funes, The Immortal, The Zahir, Three Versions of Judas, Undr

Theologians.

Shamanic...

...a new poem titled "Music Is Sacred"...

"those of you who stand for the sanctity of music / So that its soul can breathe and be heard"

Tidal

"Hello"...

It's me...

His chief point was that people should not take for granted what it means to support a musician...

There's such a difference between us...

best choices mates, I'd also add Shakespeare's Memory

Speaking of best choices

I dot my e twice for the win

youtu.be/gZzAeYWXFpk

theparty.netraver.org.za

Huh? The Aleph is about orgasm? It works I guess

My choice as well. High time for a reread.

>These two posts in succession.
What more proof do you need?

Is it weird that this just gave me a boner?

What kind of boner?

of the weirdest kind

a bibliophile phallis

Like, you got turned on by the idea of a giant map covering everything? That it?

A circular one

No, more so from the fact that the quotation is false, but it has a real-life (albeit fantasy) source while also having material imprecations.

Interesting. Tell me, what are your other fetishes?

>Speaking of best choices

Speaking of best choices

..Fell in Love ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

>43

Anything but hopeless bae

Start the Dancin

Nice dubs

Dynamically fresh like snow

Eudaimonia now dog

If you build it...

All your secrets ?~?~?~?

Nobility of the light

Why are you posting shit coachella pictures on Veeky Forums ?

Do right kindness everywhere

Yiss Tlon. kind of weird reading it because it makes specific references to Memphis and Armenia, which aren't talked about that often, but I'm an Armenian in Memphis so it's like o shit

You outta love others

You've got to be kidding, Memphis was the fucking capital of Egypt and Armenia is brought up whenever someone needs to bully the turks

el hacedor

All thos feels reading that story.

Tlön, The Aleph, and An Examination of the Work of Herbert Quain

Can you put 2 and 2 together

Me and you ?

Anything but singluar

amirite ity?

Extra tastey

>It's not how you look, but how you cook

Never own me, yeauh ?

Your mom and me?

George and Oi

Couldn't believe my eyes ?

Couldn't believe my ears ?

Couldn't believe my luck ?

SO MUCH LOVE !!!

Couldn't believe you're here !

That's your ticket to everything

Your colors are Rado yo !

youtu.be/ir8OsvXPLEs

Been, waiting ?

Any tips ?

Staring at the Sun?

Believe it

Z to the A to the Sea ?

Jump

youtu.be/kILVFRlUtT8

Best

godamn calm yourself i'm talking about memphis, tn, as it's referenced in the story and turkish-armenian relations aren't a part of daily conversation in the south, which is fine

hey... .HEYYY STOP THAT!!!!! AIIEIEIE

The one about the old king and the one-sided coin. What was it called again? I never see it mentioned. I think it's from one of his later collections.

A cold and distant genius, yes.

Deutches Requiem

The Disk

For me, as a latin american, "El sur". FUCKING EPIC MAN. I read it, then I read it again, then i bought the audiobook, then I read it some more and now I listen to it on every trip I take.

The rest of his work is QUITE DENSE.

I love how personal that story seems, like he saw himself as Dahlmann and desired the same :'(

the immortal