So is self-employment as good as it sounds, or is it just a classic grass is greener story?

So is self-employment as good as it sounds, or is it just a classic grass is greener story?

3 dimensional PIG

Do you like nobody ever giving you shit, but potentially working your ass off for a low six figure salary (or maybe even just $50-60k depending on how shit you and your business are)?

Then self employment is for you.

Most self employed people are small business owners and they will tell you it sucks a huge cock BUT they'll never ever consider going back to working for someone else. They're mostly people who don't have a fucking clue but can't stand being told what to do or being at the mercy of someone else.

However, truly intelligent and motivated self employed people can make an incredible living. You'll still work your ass off. With any luck, you'll be successful enough that you can build a great business and eventually chill a bit while your incredible management staff/leadership staff/board takes over and you just come in for coffee, conversation, and a few big meetings/decisions.

It is what you make of it, like most things in life. For most people, it's far from glamorous. But no matter how shit your self employed situation, you're your own boss. That's the perk.

>haha bideo games and pizza xD im such a cutie

Self employment into real estate. It's the American way.

oh shit she looks just like that girl from that anime

I work as a freelance website developer (businesses will pay me a one-time fee for making the site, then a monthly for "maintenance"). It's literally free money for hardly any work.

if youre actually capable of networking at a young age, there is an in between. The choices arent either: self made loner millionare or loner autist wagecuck stuck in his desk job prison

It's great, but it's double the tax unless you do a ton of legal/tax mumbo jumbo, where you're basically your own employee?

otherwise it's fine, ya.

How do I actually get into this business? I know a fair bit of node.js, react, and ruby on rails and can make a relatively professional and functional website. The only thing that worries me is security and trying to get a good enough reputation for people to do business with me.

Self-employment requires some extroversion as you will need to maintain your clients.

Depends what you think you're capable of doing. What's your background for a start? Skills? Education? Previous work?
Write it all down on a piece of paper and start thinking about shit. You need to figure out what you can do with the experiences you have, and try to determine if doing it is going to be more effort than just being a wagecuck.
Remember, your time is money. If you're going to have to work 9 months nonstop trying to build up this idea you have from scratch and not get fucking shit from it, it's probably best to go work for some dickhead.
Always remember, work smarter, not harder. Do whatever makes you the most amount of money with the least amount of time/effort.

I've worked as a freelance software developer that included web development and frankly it's overrated. Eventually, I just started working for one of my clients full-time. I'm pretty introverted myself so managing clients and networking was always a pain. I prefer just building the software instead.

Find people that need contract work done.
The people that hire you are those who don't have the budget to hire someone to work for them full-time, nor do they want to outsource the entire project to an expensive team. Thus, generally your target clients would be small-businesses.

I’m a project manager for a union construction company. I have a healthy 6 figure salary 3 weeks paid a year, pension, bonus each year paid in cash, $200 a week car allowance, gas card, etc. My dad owns another smaller construction company doing exactly the same thing I do, he makes a little more per year but has no security. I would never want to be the owner of my larger company, the sheer headaches are mind boggling...incompetent employees, bitchy needy customers, and having to chase money through court sometimes, he makes good money but not proportionally to me or my father and has far far more problems. So I would advise to pick your poison.

Of course, I went freelance after graduating college so I had a lot of contacts to ask around if there was any contract work they knew that needed to be done. Networking for clients is the hardest part of getting started in freelance.

This is actually a pretty refreshing thread for a change. I'm starting a small bookkeeping business targeting weed and tech. What do you think is the best way to network with these sort of companies. I already have 4-5 companies that I'm doing the books for so I know how to maintain a healthy client relationship but these were from when I worked at another firm.

Anyone have any tips for sourcing clients? I know web dev so I can make a nice wordpress site. I wonder if Adwords work

>web dev
>wordpress
Get out.

Is it gay if I want to put my penis inside of her ?

I fucking hate WordPress.

That said, there's a lot of demand for people to put something together in Wordpress AND teach them how to do it. I've scored a few hundred bucks installing a theme and handing them an easy PDF how-to I knocked up.

>webdev
>wordpress

Full stack web devs BTFO

Fuck off retards. I'm an accountant. I know some php, JS, react, mysql, etc etc etc. I was saying should I just throw a shit website together to advertise with adwords or not

It's fucking great. I work one week a month, and go full neet the rest of the time.