What are some dishes I can make on Sunday night and bring to lunch the next 5 days?

What are some dishes I can make on Sunday night and bring to lunch the next 5 days?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladera
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks like you nailed it with your photo

/Discussion

It's great - but I need more. I can't be eating that stuff everyday, I love it, but I don't want to get sick of it.

Also I know it's not goulash, but would it kill people to include paprika in their American goulash recipes?

Grain + meat + vegetable. Can exchange all bits to keep it lively.

And all stews, of course.

curry. broccoli and cheese rice. lamb and beets with rice. stuffed poblanos. polenta. pierogies and sautéed cabbage

Also needs to be eaten cold.

wow u could have told us that earlier but YouTube bento box recipes.

egg salad
potato salad
egg and potato salad
fruit salad
egg potato and fruit salad

Forget that hassle and head down to McDonald's and grab a Big Mac with Large Fries and a large Coca-Cola, my friend!

Also must be heterosexual.

Not OP

Grilled chicken, onion and dijon on a piece of baguette

>What are some dishes I can make on Sunday night and bring to lunch the next 5 days?
Freeze whatever it is...because 2 days is the safety zone for leftovers.

Ideally, you'll do this often, and you can pull out leftovers from the freezer so your week isn't so boring.

I cook a whole turkey breast in my covered roaster, with a basic marinade of lemon juice, olive oil and lots of pepper. In the upcoming holidays, buy the "fresh" turkey breast for juiciest outcome. It's my dinner Sunday night, with gravy. The leftovers are sliced into a sandwich on Monday, basic white bread or roll, mayo, salt and pepper. At this point, I remove all the meat from the bone, cube part of it, and shred part of it. I layer a corn tortilla, enchilada casserole with turkey, cheese, cilantro, maybe beans, and some kind of herdez salsa, like green. Freeze without cooking, or cook and then freeze, your call. On Tuesday, a tablespoon of mayo is jazzed up with curry powder, hot mango chutney, and I dice an apple, onion, celery, grapes, whatever I have on hand to make a nice curried turkey salad, which can be enjoyed on bread or crackerr or pita. Feel free to drag some frozen bread out of the freezer and toast it. It's great on toasted bread. The turkey salad can be hit with a nice amount of lime juice and stretched into Wednesday.

Pasta salad
Chili
stir fries
fried noodles

You need to be not squeamish about eating stuff cold though.

It's 3 to 4 days. And that's from the FDA, who err massively on the side of caution.

>2 days is the safety zone for leftovers
I'd like to add that I'm also scared of eggs and raw milk.
t. middle America.

only homos plan out a week of food tho.

>.because 2 days is the safety zone for leftovers.
You are a fucking idiot. Every week I cook on Sunday and eat it Mon thru Fri. You are just a little bitch that was taught wrong. Grow up

Enjoy your early death.

Alcohol

Enjoy being retarded.

>in b4 "I was just pretending to be retarded."

Pasta salad
Rice salad
Potato salad

Tasty, easy to make and cheap, plus you don't have to wait in line with the plebs to use the microwave.

>eating fresh food is retarded

I made golabki last week and I'm still eating the leftovers. My recipe made about 20 rolls, and I eat two with dinner (plus sides) so it's lasted quite a while. Minestrone lasts a long time for me, Spanish style chicken and rice, gnocchi (I make a big batch of ~50), curry, lasagne, heck there's a lot of stuff.

>Thinking leftovers only last two days.

Yeah, you're retarded.

Sauce Bolognese is good for lots of things. You can make lasagna with it, put it over spaghetti, or make it one variation in a bruschetta selection. The trick is to boil the tomatoes for hours on low, preferably with ground pork and beef. And use canned tomatoes, not fresh ones. Revive lunch pasta with some steam or hot water before you put sauce on it.

Curries are easy to make and to nuke. Just make some rice and dinner is served. Sticky rice microwaves pretty well if you make it in the morning. Of course Indians get their lunch delivered from home just in time, there's special couriers.

Dice veggies you like and keep them airtight in the fridge. You can add them to anything after reheating to have some texture and vitamins.

Always cover anything you microwave. Most food will turn unpleasant otherwise because of uneven evaporation. And keep it covered for a minute or two to even it out.

Always bring a 3 course lunch. Have a sandwich, goulash, and a cookie, or onigiri, ramen, and an apple. Mix it up. Put yourself in a position to select what to eat when during the day.

Rice and corn with green beans and tumeric, possible fried ground beef. Won't keep a week but a day or two actually make it better.

Meatballs. Just make 3 variations. I don't know..., bacon, sesame, and sherry? That way you won't get sick of them. And if you do, change recipes. They go well with pickles which are perfect if you have small enough glass jars. Just can watered down vinegar on half cooked cauliflower, pumpkin, or raw celery stalks.

And that bruschetta selection: fry sliced ciabatta at home so it can be reheated. Put 3 sauces in plastic lunch bags and tie them off without air inside. Could be bolognese, guacamole with lemon, and salsa. Then cut the corners and squeeze the topping on the reheated slices. You can also reheat the toppings.

Hey, if you bake bread on Sunday you can slice and freeze for incredible sandwiches all week.

I used to make a bunch if chicken thighs in the oven.

In a big pot I'd make basmati rice with veggies.

I'd put two thighs with some rice in a thermos. By lunch the rice had soaked up the the juices from the chicken.

I eat stuff 6 days after...

Same. If it has meat in it I give it 6 days, if it's just veggies and shit I'll push it a little farther but let smell be the judge.

If you reheat above 60°C throughout for a few minutes then almost anything is edible. The flavor might suffer from fermentation. Actual poisoning like some molds will produce that can't be boiled off is clearly visible. And botulism isn't an issue as long as oxygen is available.

You can eat spoiled food as long as it isn't too far gone and you disinfect it by reheating. Before refrigerators it was the normal thing to do.

We don't because it tastes bad. Why do you think garbage cans have to be pest proof? Starving critters can't be picky. If it was poisonous then we could just let them eat it and die instead of having them exterminated.

The issue in food preservation isn't spoiling but loss of texture.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladera

Stuffed veg
Green beans and potatoes in red sauce
Peas and artichokes in white sauce
Spinach rice, Cabbage rice, Leek rice
Roast aubergines with garlicky tomato sauce and cheese
Chickpea stew
Lentil stew
Baked butterbeans, celery and carrots in red sauce

All these have a high oil content and are mainly veg based so they don't go bad easily. Eat them with bread and feta. Remember to use good olive oil or they will taste like shit.

Kedgeree.

Boiled rice, smoked haddock, hard-boiled egg, and cream.
Basically, you cook some rice and fish and eggs. Flake the fish, cut the eggs up into chunks, and drop it into a bowl of rice. Add some cream and a splash of milk, then stir. Eat a bunch when it's fresh, and the rest will keep in tupperware in the fridge and can be reheated in portions whenever. You can add curry powder if you want.