How do you stop the feeling of self-loathing when you write anything?

How do you stop the feeling of self-loathing when you write anything?

what i do is i don't hate myself

sounds hard

kill self

masturbate while writing, it'll get your mind off the self hatred

>tfw you write like a teenager

Remember that I'm shit at everything else too so it doesn't matter.

If you read even just one part of a story in Wattpad, you'll start to feel better.

I just blame all my problems on Jews and Negroes.
And women of any ethnicity.

I write pretty good and honest stuff but self-loathing kicks in because I then see through the stories how shitty my life has really always been.

You don't. You keep writing while feeling like shit, until you die at 40 from Tuberculosis, and then one of your friends publishes your works.

lol parrot

I'm a god, I don't loath myself.

loathe*

samefag

Not even close Columbo..

do research. Im sick of reading stories where hexor hacker ups a 1080p television to 4000p to show off his skill, that is not how any of this works(same with the army,medical,legal,etc things) research enough so you know your story is accurate but don't turn it into a boring manual koban series. that will help you feel better about yourself

i just write while im not paying attn. to the writing. edit later.
>helps you get out of your head imho.

You'll stop once you start to both:
A. Improve your writing up to the standards you wish to achieve
and
B. Find a person or two who say they enjoy what you've written.

I got B but A is pretty hard. I'll take that in mind, thank you.

I've never had this problem. I'm a very laid back person though and have a good handle on my emotions. So when I look at my writing and see that it's bad I just think 'this is bad, but I understand that it must be bad before it can be good. It just means I have more work to do'. And then everything is fine.

It's like if you are sculpting. You don't start at the top, carve the head perfectly and work your way down. You start by cutting the obvious excess material. Give it a very slight shape as to what you want. Now you focus on smaller parts, remove the excess and start to give it real shape until it gives you enough idea about the whole to do another area. Once you have gone over the whole statue like this you keep repeating the last step until it is done.

Stop identifying yourself with your writing/writing ability, let it do what it does without expectations, yours or other people's.

I just have way too high expectations for myself even though I'm inadequate. Although, I've been trying to tell myself over and over "the first draft is shit, and always will be," sometimes it just won't work.

drink

Write full of "fuck it" hatred, edit l8 b01

i love hugo simberg's paintings.

I love you.

arr fuck you. Literally, if I fuck you, you'll give birth to a demigod. So, no I'm not fucking you. I'll order my minotors to give you a god ol bestiality.

upgrade resolution, now that's something that is worth a lol.

>write a few hundred words all in one sitting, find it fun and can't wait to write more
>read it through again the next day
>mfw I lose all motivation when I read my own work
>mfw I have no face, just emptiness

I want off this ride.

everytimeI read my own words, I feel like this: Holy shit, how could I possibly able to write that? It's so powerful and beautiful. And the sad thing is, most of the time, I can't duplicate my own masterpiece, so that I have to think of a new way to write. Thus, another masterpiece is born. LOL

This was a bad post, user, but that does bring up an interesting question-- do the best authors actually like what they read when they scan through their own work?

Or do they feel hatred towards it since they (supposedly) put so much time and effort into creating and then editing it several times over, and never want to read it again?

tell yourself it's ironic, ironically

>friends

y-you t-too...

frankly, reading my own words at the 10-ish-th time is not only boring but weary as well.

stop the cyber fetish user.

I can relate. I'm and I feel so fatigued after maybe one or two rereads that I wonder, how could anybody else enjoy this?

And that's almost exactly the point where I lose interest in writing altogether. I'll come back to it in a few months, and then the process starts all over again.

Vodka.

Git gud.

Drinking helps.

This.

fucking drunk, fuck you.

I read. Then when I have emptied myself out into the book, I write.

I gave up the drinking awhile ago. It's a hit or miss whether it really makes me feel better and then I always feel awful afterwards. For days and even up to a week.

u2