Does anyone here read Svetlana Alexievich? What are your thoughts? Did she deserve the Nobel Prize for Literature?

Does anyone here read Svetlana Alexievich? What are your thoughts? Did she deserve the Nobel Prize for Literature?

i guess she deserved it better than malala deserved her nobel peace prize but it doesn't say much

She doesn't even write her own books.

You don't even read the books you own, who are you to talk?

Chernobyl book very gut, deserved some kind of recognition and since that's really all the nobel prize is these days then polyphonic my ass but yes I guess

I read Voices of Chernobyl, thought it was great and want to read her other works. I would probably never have heard of her if she hadn't won, so I'm happy she did.

Her work is legitimately good. But I don't think it's worth a literature prize.

Better than the hack Alice Munro from my country though so whatever.

Let's not forget Camus has a Nobel, Sartre too.

It was only given to her because she's a roast whore SJW who hates men and whiteness

We will never see a white heterosexual conservative male win ever again.

>>Sartre too
well... technically... he doesnt

Your ridiculous post made me realize conservatives, per definition, cannot provide groundbreaking thought

This post made me realize your autistic

What do you mean?

Nice grammar faggotron.

>Veeky Forums poster made you dismiss conservatism as a whole
>Veeky Forums made you do it
>Veeky Forums

I've read some of her poetry and it was incredibly awful.

Try rereading the post.

yea she really deserved it but it was boring how obvious it was that she would win it. fun part about lit nobel prize is that it feels like anyone can win it every year.

Thanks for proving my point.

All of her books are collections of interviews with other people. Vast majority of the words aren't her own.

whats your point man?

Just think it's a little absurd to win a literary prize, especially the most prestigious one in the world, when your books are composed primarily of the stories of others as related by they themselves. A journalism prize I could easily understand, but not so sure about a literary one.

Yes, this confuses me too. I guess she deserves praise for converting rants into readable prose? Is that why she got the Nobel Prize? Because I get the feeling that she was awarded the prize because of identity politics.

What's your problem with Alice Munro?
Not edgy enough for you?

Don't know her. Did she shit on putin? If yes that's why.

She got bullets in her body for doing something good for people.

>muh rants
Is not groundbreaking thought.

I recently went to see a talk with her in my city

She was exiled from Belarus in Sweden for several years
This also made her very popular in the Swedish literary community
and essentially won her the nobel

Her books are not just "muh interviews"
she talked a lot about that which she wanted to achieve is a "human language" like Dostoevsky spoke about

As I understand it a sort of communication through feelings and experiance more than prose

Say what you will about her books but she is a genuinely good person who has helped a lot of people

She's a huge scam. Basically she compile transcripts and write 5 pages of semi-idiotic toughts citing russian classics to use as introduction and conclusion. That's how her book on the afghan war was built anyway. I think she's liked by a majority of readers because she offer the transcripts of voices never heard. But in what does that imply a nobel in litterature, I don't know. Overall, she contribute to my low opinion of journalists dabbing in books and I would be glad if somebody could propose me a genuinly interesting journalist that write non-fiction.

She seems like a nice enough person, but yes, I agree with your assessment, she seems like a hack.

Doesn't she at least deserve some praise for converting the random musings of random people into readable, occassionally beautiful text?

>Joyce never won a Nobel
>Borges never won a Nobel
>Nabokov never won a Nobel
>Pynchon never won a Nobel
It's like they deliberately avoid actual talent

The true greats don't need prizes, they are great not because of their recognition, but just because they are

Yeah she does, and my assessment was severe, but I wish she would work with her material more and though this is something that could be left to others, I think a real show of skills and of work would've been to provide more thoughts and more research about her subjects. I guess when I made my mind about Zinky boys I was comparing her with a historian.