Al/ck/oholic Thread

Last one hit limit. What are you drinking? Anything you need to get off your chest?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lRi273CRTdg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mbCrotH9hpI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fuck off

water.
i had a flat last week.

I'm off alcohol until my doctor says otherwise. Caffeine too. It's hell. I might take up weed. I deal in human misery for a living. I'm a social worker at a welfare office. I used to drink a steady stream of craft beer and various cocktails to decompress after work. Try to forget about the mountain of paperwork I didn't even put a dent in and that waits for me upon my return. Try to forget about the young mother with a sickly kid staying at a homeless shelter. Try to forget about the seven siblings trapped in gang land, all of them with faces like they'd seen too much. Try to forget about the rosy cheeked, happy little toddler with the sweet, soft voice beat to death by her father...

Anyway, Bombay Sapphire and tonic was my usual go to. How about you guys?

I'm at a family gathering for dinner and everyone is just drinking and socializing, and I know I need to stay sober because bad things happen when I get back on alcohol binges, but I'm sitting here sober and pissed off that everyone else is able to drink normally and I'm incapable of having a few beers with friends and then calling it quits. Because I know if I start I'll drink until I pass out

have been drinking an average of 4 500ml beers (5%) a night for the last month. does this count as alcoholism or am i okay

I used to drink whiskey all the time and thus I slowly dissolved my social circle. I'm only thankful that I still have people who didn't disown me outright. Then I switched to vodka and really became a full blown practicing drunk who quit his job. Checked myself into a place after 8 years of drinking, emerged a lighter drinker but still an essentially friendless neet virgin living at his parents house. I'm 26. Will try to find work again at the beginning of the month. The sad part is I generally just feel like I have way less to worry about without seeing people, and I'm way less depressed than I used to be since I went full anti-social. Probably will have some wine tonight.

By my calculations, that's 3.38 fluid ounces of pure ethanol. Would you drink a little over five and a half shots of 80 proof vodka in a sitting?

You just need to watch your shit and try to keep it at a certain comfortable level instead of getting shitfaced every night. If you start to experience increased anxiety or other symptoms that you instinctually feel like only having a few drinks can fix, you'd be starting to develop a problem.

i only drink beer (lame right?), this is the average over most weeks

I understand that you only drink beer. I was trying to get you to visualize just how much alcohol you're actually drinking.

I think it is easier to define alcoholism as dependence on alcohol rather than intake.

Just bought my first bottle of absinthe. I'm excited to try it.

What are some good liqueurs, al/ck/?

I've had many of the good orange liqueurs, Benedictine, Drambuie, St-Germain, amaretto, Aperol, Chambord, maybe a few others.

What's Chartreuse like? What else would you recommend to try. I'd be interested in mixers and stuff you can just take a few sips of by itself.

What's something decent and cheap that will go well with a Thai dinner.

I'm thinking of just buying some Evan Williams but I want Veeky Forums's opinion.

I'm having this tonight and I'm having doubts about having applied to Marine officer candidate school.

I've already done my time in the Navy, why did I feel like I needed to go back?

That's how it really is defined 2bh. It's not how much you drink, it's how drinking affects you, what you do while you're drunk, and the problems it causes in your life if it does that defines alcoholism. As well as psychological and physical dependence etc.

It's pretty cool. I like it alright but haven't had any in years. Hope you didn't fall for the hallucinations meme.
Grand Marnier is the only one I really know and have had. Despite drinking everything under the sun liqueurs just also were gross to me. I didn't even like them in a combination as their supposed to be used.
If you want to enjoy the drink with the food I would just drink some kind of indian beer with it or something, and then get shitfaced on liquor afterward if that's what you want to do.
Thank you for your service.

In the Netherlands there is an alcohol intake as alcoholism threshold

Interesting, I'm just an Amurican so I didn't know.

>What's something decent and cheap that will go well with a Thai dinner.
>If you want to enjoy the drink with the food I would just drink some kind of indian beer with it or something, and then get shitfaced on liquor afterward if that's what you want to do.
Depending what Thai dishes you're enjoying, some Tsingha, Asahi extra dry or some kind of crisp light pilsner is what I'd do. Alcohol kills some burn if you're ordering spicy. A creamy good iced coffee also can pair alright, so I guess you could try some kahlua and cream if you simply must drink something afterwards. Protip, buttermilk biscuit dough can be panfried like a thai donut, and it's something you can do with the sweetened condensed milk you have with your coffee.

Oh, of course I've had G Marnier. It's really good I think. gonna try the $150 G Marnier soon. looks awesome.

Okay, but there's a pretty high correlation between amount and adverse effects.

>Okay, but there's a pretty high correlation between amount and adverse effects.
Oh yeah I absolutely agree with you. But there have been people who are just rare genetic anomalies that can drink like absolute psychopaths and it doesn't ruin a single thing in their lives. Are those people dependent? Yeah probably, the just wouldn't fall under the medical definition I've been exposed to in a program, and that's not even to say that that's the be-all-end-all definition.

Has anyone actually tasted the Frank Sinatra Centennial Jack? I know it's a complete jewish ploy for costing $500, but I was just curious.

>Jack Daniel's
>Ever

I trust every big brand of whisky EXCEPT Jack.

I know people talk shit about Jack but I used to drink it all the time. It was good enough for me. Personally I don't understand how someone would really come up to me and say that Jim Beam is a better mainstream whiskey.

Walker and Evan Williams are better mainstream whisky. Jim Beam is equally shit to Jack imo but it's the cheapest bourbon you can get. If you're willing to spend slightly more you can easily get Wild Turkey or something decent.

These Williams reviews are surprising me, I remember drinking it in college and always hating the shit out of it and would go back to Jack at the first opportunity. But then, I may not be a good judge of taste since every drink I've ever taken in my life I took it for the effect first and foremost. If I ever drink liquor now which I don't do everyday, it's Smirnoff or preferably Absolut.

I despise vodka so you got me there. People are starting to realize that even if Williams is trash, it at least tastes like whisky compared to Jack Daniels. They have also been upping the quality of their whiskys, I have no idea.

2 days sober. Had a hard time sleeping during the day. But it does feel good not waking up with a hangover before work.

I'm getting my friend a housewarming gift. He likes rum, his favorite drink being Captain and Coke. I want to get him something a bit nicer than normal Captain but I don't know what. $30 is my ceiling.

Of this selection what do you think fits the bill?

This image reminds me of every single time I would stare at the all the types of liquor in the liquor aisle for 10 minutes and settle for cheap shit.

Chartreuse is sometimes called 'the second green fairy' and worth trying if you're already a fan of Absinthe. But beware it's (very) sweet so unless you're used to an unhealthy level of sugar already it could easily be too sweet for you to drink a lot of in one sitting.

Either Mount Gay Eclipse or El Dorado 12 would be good choices for spiced rum.

Drinking some OG Sin cider. Do to endless fuckups, illness, procrastination and two major swaps. I'm still nowhere near my degree after graduating 5 years ago, I was suppose to be the "smart kid" but turns out my highschool was just easy as shit.

I don't really know what I want out of life.

>decide to buy something top or near-top shelf for once
>instant regret

I've tried MG Eclipse before, it was...interesting. I thought it tasted more like a tequila than a spiced rum.

Get the Kirk & Sweeney.

Sipping rum quality and tastes great in a rum & coke.

Source: 750mL per day rum drinker.

I've smoked crack a few times while I've been on a heavy binge, pretty good desu.

Thinking about trying this on the coming weekend. Never bought myself Tequila before, aside from shots at the bar. How do I make use of a full bottle?

>I've never made a Margarita

That's what one of my other friends suggested. I'll give it a shot. Thanks user

Also might as well update with my current drink. Having a few before bed.

Good luck with the coming workweek boys, thinking about trying to cut down this week.

Had a movie night with people, we drank a ton, decided that I could combine it with Zaleplon one more time. Big mistake; passed out, forgot nearly the whole night, pool of red vomit next to the floor where I slept

Could've died

Don't combine with anything

For serious

>Zaleplon
Alcohol: Avoid. Very serious interactions can occur

yes i am goddamn tired of being hungover and anxious under the flourescent lights of my office all day, with co-workers barking random orders at me

the problem is that i am also always sick of coming home to a sober evening after dealing with work, hungover or not

im not drinking for awhile i think, once i start getting dependent on it for sleep is when things go bad fast, and im approaching that point again now having drank approx a bottle of wine a night for 2 weeks after 3 months sober

5 days alcohol free bros

feelin great

I feel you dude, being hungover at work is the worst but getting drunk when I get home is the only thing I look forward too. If I could sleep without drinking I'd probably stop. But if I don't get drunk then I can't sleep and am all groggy and sleep deprived at work. Do I choose sleep deprived over hungover? Truly the drunkard's quandary

oh i read that before i took the first one

i'm just a retarded millennial who thinks he's invincible

I've been sober nearly two years and all I really want to do is get fucking loaded, put on yusef lateef, and feel really sad.

I gave up on wholesome fun and meaningful relationships along time ago and now I just that cozy sadness back. I've learned through sobriety that I really have nothing without alcohol and that trying to fill in those gaping wholes where alcohol used to be doesn't always work.

I posted in the last thread a few days ago, saying I was going to end my two-and-a-half months of sobriety and get drunk--but just that night. Then I would wait at least a couple weekends before doing it again, and from then on I'd drink every other weekend.

Turned into a bender and I missed work one day and was useless at work the next.

Back on the wagon, gradually getting over that queasiness, shame, and above all anxiety that always follows a bender. Back to meetings this week.

Mixing benzos or z drugs with alcohol is a really bad idea.

t. picked up burglary charges during a vodka and xanax blackout

>Mixing benzos or z drugs with alcohol is a really bad idea.
So is mixing coke and alcohol

t. ran over his own daughter

I've got a giant dent in my front fender from hitting the TD Bank sign in the parking lot because I wasn't paying attention and was smoking crack while parked(with my foot on the brake, not in park), then let my foot off the brake and rolled into the sign. That was a vodka and xanax night as well.

Well done, bro

Pic related is what I am drinking.

To get off my chest. I am going back to university in September. I am a little nervous of fucking up honestly and I need to get straight A's to have good chances for med school. I am a hypocrite who ruined a girls engagement because I lost attraction to her and I started a new thing with a hotter engaged woman who is 11 years older than me. I am a massive scumbag with daddy issues, I have lost my faith in god and humanity, the only time I am happy is when I am drunk and have upbeat blues music playing. I often regret being born.

If you're THAT into liqueurs, try making some yourself. I've made a couple, the first with raspberries, a Remy Martin base, and sweetened with honey. It was delightful. The second one I made with dates with white rum as the base. It was very sweet, cloudy, and inconsistent, but not unpleasant.

youtube.com/watch?v=lRi273CRTdg

This one is for you.

Kirk and Sweeney or maybe the twisted path ones, haven't had them and it looks like they atleast tried.

Thank you user. What a coincidence. I was just listening to m.youtube.com/watch?v=mbCrotH9hpI

Love Howling Wolf. Cheers

I'm trying to mature my tastebuds so I have questions. What's a good wine to start out with for a beginner? This information is probably irrelevant but if it helps any: I have a bit of sweet tooth, my favorite kind of grape juice is white grape juice, and seltzer/soda water is my favorite drink overall.

Forgot to add that, yeah, like most people who barely touch alcohol (technically speaking, yes I've tried wine before) it's mainly the 'burn' down the throat that's kept me from coming back to it. Do you just have it often enough until you get used to it and can ignore it or are their any actual 'strategies' for dealing or even preventing the burning-esque sensation when you drink wine?

It doesn't have to be fancy. Just make it on the rocks. couple ounces of tequila, half ounce of Grand Marnier, juice from a key lime. Voila.

Drinking this with some sam adams hopology, plus homebrew and homemade applewine.

Trying to limit myself to weekends but when the beer tastes so good it's hard.

Got a german pilsner fermenting currently, need to get another lager in the ferm chamber, maybe an oktoberfest, or a munich helles.

Not really an alcoholic, but st germaine is probably my favorite shit. Been on a budget recently so can't get that shit anymore.

Trying to find something cheap and high %. So far I've just been getting captain morgan. I can drink just about anything though.

Anyone know something cheaper?

I'm drinking low wines. No one should do that.

I want to die.
Will devoting a portion of my earnings to getting fucking wasted three times a week help with this?

>Three times a week.

lol, kids.

Alcoholic here. Jameo is godly. No regrets. I can function socially, i don't get drunk before work, i have a gf. "Better than thou" basically. I gave up weed and other hard drugs in becoming a drunk. I think of it as a step up in life. If you can function and you are happy then drink away anons. That being said I'm 6 shots in. Cheers my brothers. For those destroying their lives with the sauce; focus. Focus on what you want. How do you want to be remembered? Do not let that be tainted by your dirty habits. Par example many great mathematicians were opiod addicts or many great novelists dabbbled in psychedelics. However they are remembered by their discoveries and not their habits. We're all human, you're not a bad person, do something great, i believe in you, just as i believe in me. Be drunk my people, be drunk and be merry. Goodnight from the east coast.

Not an al/ck/ie and never tried captain, but I liked the zacapa with coke, but feels like it's too much for just one bottle.

I have this exact problem

>vintage
>3 years ago

>can't stop dreaming about liquor
>sober for almost two months now
I'm going to check myself in tomorrow, lads.
Wish me luck.

>implying age has anything to do with vintage.
Compete and utter, fucking mong.

>my brand new honda civic is a vintage car
vtec kicked ur brain, yo.

>millennial retards think vintage means old.
I'm guessing you're black as well?

Your Honda Civic is not a thing of qualit, hence not vintage.
Get a BMW you rice-burning fuck.

I love this post, and you too user

>I'm guessing you're black as well?
ur mum thought so too until I took the blindfold off.

bmw haven't produced a quality car since the E36

But what's the story behind "vintage" and "3 years"? How does that work?

>But what's the story behind "vintage" and "3 years"? How does that work?
Disgregard that I looked at the pictures.

I'm 24, I have no job and I'm still living with my dad.
I need a drink badly but I have no money to afford buying alcohol on a regular basis. Would drink whiskey or ipa/porter beer all day otherwise.

Where are you from? I will hook you up

drink smaller sips and let it mix with your saliva. Drink less dry wine. Eat fat food like fat meat or cheese.

>gib me da gray predjur
>*seizes*
>~haulin wooffff~
she looks drunk as fuck

That sounds relaxing actually

Drinking root beer.
Want to take a break for at least a week.

We all are

Drank a 12pk of bud light yesterday... It's so fucking gross buts cheap and does the trick. I got another 12 in my fridge, contemplating drinking it lol but my life sucks so I'll probably start around noon.

Where all my alcoholics at... Drinking by myself but Atleast if I talk to you guys I won't be so lonely

Hi. Started drinking at 7AM with a coffee and bailey's.

Nice... Does baileys even get you drunk though? If I. Drinking a bottle I grab patron or Hennessy but I'm pretty broke right now so I picked up a 12er of bud light for $5. I always buy alcohol at the corner store so the Sikh guy hooks me up.

Not really, it's more for the taste of cream in the coffee but with a bit of alcohol too. 17% so nothing too crazy.

>Patron or Henny
You have expensive tastes my friend. Have you considered midshelf or good bottomshelf replacements?

Nah not really because I like to drink it straight. The way I see it is to get drunk I can spend

>$20 on patron (like I said the Sikh guy hooks me up since I buy everyday)
>$20 on Hennessy (I'll be extra fucked up I usually down 3/4 or the whole bottle in a day)
>or $5 on a 12 pack

But $20 a day isn't bad. I bought a Buchanan 18 for $60 from him 2 days ago and finished it, woke up naked with zero recollection of the previous night lol

>Nah not really because I like to drink it straight.
So do I. You can probably get Korbel as a replacement for Henny and ElJim as a replacement for Patron for half the price while still being good neat.

>woke up naked with zero recollection of the previous night lol
As long as you don't have any weird scratches and a used condom stuck to you, you're probably good.

Hahaha my leg was fucked up and I broke a chili plant in my backyard so I'm guessing I fell back there while I was taking a piss or some shit. I like to drink in my backyard it's relaxing. You're right on the mid shelf drinks but like I said I can afford it (dad gave me a location of his business I hired some people and love off the profits) and $20 a day isn't too bad. I'll keep going down this road until my livers gone. I'm only 23 but I've been drinking since 16. I don't recommend it. :/

>Does baileys even get you drunk though?

It's about as strong as wine is, so OFC it could get you drunk. But, it's pretty expensive and is very rich and filling for something you drink just to get smashed.

Yea if you can afford it then by all means get the topshelf

>I'll keep going down this road until my livers gone. I'm only 23 but I've been drinking since 16
That might be sooner than you think.

Yeah I kno. We're all strangers here so I'll be honest, I couldn't care less. My life is meaningless. I've slept with over 20 girls but have never been in a relation ship (besides a little two week stunt in 8th grade) and I really don't want kids so... Whatever. I spend my money on alcohol food and cars. Cars make me really happy but it's my downfall too I buy old cars and fix hem up but I can't help but to drink while I do it (everygoddamnedfuckingday)

Drinking 8-10 500ml (1/8 gallon approx)beers of 5%alc every night.
Cheap shit too.0.45 cents a can

How severe is my al/ck/oholism?