Why is this book so hard to get? fucking 120 dollars on amazon, not even available on my national bookwebsite?

why is this book so hard to get? fucking 120 dollars on amazon, not even available on my national bookwebsite?
any way to get my hands on a hard cover of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

static1.squarespace.com/static/52e5d8e3e4b0c97661e70005/t/544ab321e4b0ddfd0e5bdd0a/1414181665787/CatalogFall14_Spring15.pdf
twitter.com/watrwake/status/594590321679462400
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sure just give a seller money and you'll get your very own hard cover copy of women and men.

B8 m8

>why is this book so hard to get?
Why do you think? Guess.

>any way to get my hands on a hard cover of this?
Yes.

>why is this book so hard to get?

Because it's been out of print for decades, genius. So unless you want to settle for the e-book or wait for the new edition that's never coming out you'll have to cough up that 120.

Fuck, that book is big.

The University of Texas library has only one copy and it is a "library only" book. It says it has some "former owner" making it more valuable but the name listed is McElroy himself so I don't know how that counts as a former owner. Anyway, it pisses me off that I can't even check it out.

Just steal it. That's what I did with my Uni's copy.

be patient

it could just be an extreme close-up

that post was nine months ago :/

Dzanc confirmed its out soon. We will finally get it.

Problem there is I'm not a piece of shit.

GET OUT NORMIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

it's slated for late May i believe

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

OUT NOW

GET OUT

GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The tweet say Spring 2015. We've missed it by quite a while.

You autists need to get back to your containment board.

It'll probably be a decade before I actually read it tbqh

have you read Frost yet? Wasn't my favorite Bernhard but it literally made me depressed

Not yet, only Concrete and The Loser, enjoyed them both though.

can i buy it

>go to my university's library
>browsing the stacks
>see women and men
>holy shit!
>open it up and start reading
>reading
>reading
>mfw

I haven't read concrete yet, but i enjoyed the Loser. I can't recommend Extinction enough. My favorite of all his work that I've read.

>I willingly support bureaucratic, capitalist institutions
Seems like you're the piece of shit autist

its on ebay for $100

what's this book even about?

women

and men?

Masturbation I think

It's an ebook anyway just so you all know
Another, slightly more recently tweet from mid-2015 clarified that this was the new edition to be released by Dzanc books. A look at their catalog for this year indicates that this will only be an ebook. As part of their "reprint series", it will only be released electronically.
static1.squarespace.com/static/52e5d8e3e4b0c97661e70005/t/544ab321e4b0ddfd0e5bdd0a/1414181665787/CatalogFall14_Spring15.pdf

The most recent tweet says that the 3rd edition will be published in the spring of 2015. There hasn't been anything since then unless he deleted it.

How much

the library

The wiki summary makes it sound pretty good, I might get to it sometime this year.

listen u lil shit
twitter.com/watrwake/status/594590321679462400

Yeah, very close in May, 2015 (i.e. Spring 2015).

I think you missed my point, in both this post and the first one

Jack Waters tweets Mr. McElroy the following on April 28th of 2015:
>@watrwake Mr. McElroy, any updates on @dzancbooks' 3rd edition of Women and Men? Is Spring 2015 still the anticipated re-release date?

McElroy responds:
>@h2oetry @dzancbooks W&M very close; also a new story about Citizens United coming soon in Fiction magazine

notice how McElroy @'s Dzanc Books? Jack Waters even goes so far as to specify that it's "[Dzanc Books'] 3rd edition of Women and Men". Check the Dzanc catalog that I linked to, you'll see quite clearly that while they do publish some physical books yearly, Women and Men will only be released as an ebook.

Wrote the publisher (dzanc) an email mid April of this year, here's what they said.

I'm not disagreeing that it will be an ebook first. I'm just saying that we don't have any real timeline. He said it would be out at this time last year and it has been radio silence ever since.

He's dragging his feet proofing it, and since he'll inevitably die before he finishes they'll print it then

>library
>capitalist institution
just how retarded can you get

what does "cleanest" even mean, just without mistakes?

le face when dzanc w&m is $100 new

there was a hardcover copy at my local second-hand bookstore for twenny bucks new zealand but i wasn't interested at the time

now, of course, it's gone, and i am full of sorrow, regret and remorse

I stand corrected and excited

>libraries
>mostly state owned and funded by taxes
>almost completely free and open to the public

Terrible bait.

We're talking about Universities, you Fucking mong

>i am full of sorrow, regret and remorse
Write it off

Also, I'm looking for this book on a library and stealing it.

State owned universities...

>defending a bureaucracy
Kill yourself 1st year

Grad student

Even more embarrassing

>Also, I'm looking for this book on a library and stealing it.

same

You shouldn't steal from the library.

I don't give a fuck about stealing from Uni libraries. I've stolen over 150 books from mine, mostly poetry/short story anthologies, and books no one has checked out since they got the book (which you can check on their online database).

>I don't give a fuck about stealing from Uni libraries.

Stay mad, Mr. Bureaucrat.

>Stay mad, Mr. Bureaucrat.

There's literally nothing wrong with stealing.

Prove me wrong.

Stop posting pictures of yourself, Anonymous.

>i-i know you are but what am i??

I read a scan of it online, legally. Figure that one out.

>he's too autistic to take a joke

What, the Open Library copy?

i'm gonna come to your house and steal your life. there's nothing wrong with that.

you're trash, but you already know that =^)

I know this is bait but if it was real it would be so cringey.

Why do parents let their children sperg out on the Internet?

Just bought a VG library copy for 80 bucks on thriftbooks. Pretty excited to be honest.