Other urls found in this thread:

chrisjonesblog.com/2011/11/42-ways-to-improve-your-screenplay.html
youtube.com/watch?v=oP3c1h8v2ZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That story is structured like me eating your pussy

Crisis = me saying dumb unsexy shit

that story is structured like me making a shitpost
climax = someone sends me a "here's your (you)" pity post

A talk, a kiss, a hit, a break, a murder.

That was easy

William Archer on Play-Making PDF.

I could upload notes if you're that interested, but hey may not read well to you.

His language is pure 19th Century and it really rubbed off on me.

This might help you grasp the structure of a Shakespearean play. You may conceive of plays themselves as a kind of ritual.

You see how, in a 3-Act film, they may combine Acts II, III and IV into the "2nd Act"...

Archer himself is fairly understanding of this.

Separately, here we have a view of Biblical narrative in the Gospels.

Die Technik des Dramas by Freytag (or Freitag in German I believe)

Alexander MacKendrick wrote a book On Film-making, but I haven't read it in full.

Here is a taste of some of his slogans, if you find slogans helpful at various stages of writing:
chrisjonesblog.com/2011/11/42-ways-to-improve-your-screenplay.html

youtube.com/watch?v=oP3c1h8v2ZQ

stop posting your fucking notes, faggot. get a blog.

Get a rope, faggot.

le shitty handwriting notebook meme man

here's a book on story substance, story structure and story style

aristotle's poetics.

I've heard from other people that gerad genette also does that kind of things.

Wikipedia has a page on what seem to be the discipline of story structure, narratology. Just google the names in that page.

Didn't any classic writers ever wrote something about this topic?

Aristotle

>implying story and plot are important

I meant besides him, I know how to read, m8.

wow your penmanship is so unconventional and quirky

do you post pictures of your bleeding wrist on tumblr too you fucking fruit?

I appreciate your content even if other users do not.

Kill yourself samefag

>9 hours later and you haven't received a single (You)
Enjoy.

These are really the notes of a Playwright named William Archer. It's surprising how rare it is to find a discussion of Shakespeare's intent in using the Roman structure of playwriting.

One of the first things anyone should know about story structure is the Roman method... but it's just one of the many options available. If someone has read Terence or Plautus, I'd like to hear how it compares in structure, there appear to be few good essays on that subject.

Does Aristotle satisfy anyone seeking detailed instruction in storytelling? He is the biggest meme there is, nearly all of his contextual framework is removed from us. What does 'beginning, middle and end' tell anyone anyway?

Maybe Hero With A Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell is what you're after?

>Nothing happens in the world? Are you out of your fucking mind? People are murdered every day. There's genocide, war, corruption. Every fucking day, somewhere in the world, somebody sacrifices his life to save someone else. Every fucking day, someone, somewhere takes a conscious decision to destroy someone else. People find love, people lose it. For Christ's sake, a child watches her mother beaten to death on the steps of a church. Someone goes hungry. Somebody else betrays his best friend for a woman. If you can't find that stuff in life, then you, my friend, don't know crap about life! And why the FUCK are you wasting my two precious hours with your movie? I don't have any use for it! I don't have any bloody use for it!

Your best bet is going to be picking apart the movies you like on your own and breaking down the film into smaller parts in terms of all the overcome challenges and what they signify

That's...actually pretty good, thanks user.

midpoints are often overlooked but are the heart of the story. google it or bell's write your novel from the middle is one of the better explanations of this.

i would also highly recommend donald maass' writing the breakout novel workbook

there's a really good podcast called storywonk sessions that deconstructs pixar's movies

Laurence Sterne - Tristram Shandy

Why do you post it? Nobody said they were interested. Stop.

Screenwriting 101 by FilmCritHulk. It pretty much covers the main theories of story structure and some other useful writing stuff.
If you don't want to shell out the 5$, look up Dan Harmon's story circle, it's a version of the Hero's Journey that's more about actually writing stories than comparing them.

Good taste famalam

(you)