ITT: post you favorite Bible verse

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PwnpAM-FE3g
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMAeMaCnOvk
youtube.com/watch?v=rLCquJxoOFs
youtube.com/watch?v=VSSFG_pNPg0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I will fill your mountains with the dead. Your hills, your valleys, and your streams will be filled with people slaughtered by the sword. I will make you desolate forever. Your cities will never be rebuilt. Then you will know that I am God.

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

- Matthew 10:16

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

Make ready to slaughter [the infidel’s] sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants.

Kill ur dad, marry Ur mama.

t. slavoj

Yet she increased her whorings, remembering the days of her youth, when she played the whore in the land of Egypt (20)and lusted after her paramours there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose emission was like that of stallions.

youtube.com/watch?v=PwnpAM-FE3g

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

yawn

"Thou shalt not suffer a sorceress to live"

No hungry generations tread thee down;
The voice I hear this passing night was heard
In ancient days by emperor and clown:
Perhaps the self-same song that found a path
Through the sad heart of Ruth, when, sick for home,
She stood in tears amid the alien corn;
The same that oft-times hath
Charm'd magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn.

That's a good one.

"Be weary of the one called "H. Bloom" for byne his will shall you be lead astray"
-Meryl 20:28

Niggers ain't even human.

t. Jesus

offensive, heretical, and unfunny.

F-

See me after class.

posting in an epic thread

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Psalm 23

I am the resurrection and the life; he that believeth in me, though he be dead, yet shall he live

And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven. —Luke 12:10

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. —Romans 10:13

>offensive

Back to your safe space, tumblerina.

Thou shalt not kill. —Exodus 20:13

Thus sayeth the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side. and slay every man his brother…companion…neighbor. —Exodus 32:27

"Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
1 Corinthians 1:10

Enjoy a literal eternity of torment, heretic.

The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up. —Revelation 8:7

And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. —Revelation 9:4

Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord. —Proverbs 12:22

The Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee. —I Kings 22:23

And in the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month…Nebuzaradan…came…unto Jerusalem… —2 Kings 25:8

…in the fifth month, in the tenth day of the month…came Nebuzaradan…into Jerusalem… —Jeremiah 52:12

For by grace are ye saved through faith…not of works. —Ephesians 2:8,9

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. —James 2:24

Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. —2 Kings 24:8

Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem… —2 Chronicles 36:9

For I am the Lord; I change not. —Malachi 3:6

And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people. —Exodus 32:14

Frig off you fedora tippers, you're taking scripture out of context to impress on thee like a serpent

For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation. —Exodus 20:5

The Lord is good to all. —Psalms 145:9

OP said post your favorite verse, not copy and paste the whole bible

No man hath seen God at any time. —John 1:18

For I have seen God face to face. —Genesis 32:30

>reeee

Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign. —II Kings 8:26

Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign. —II Chronicles 22:2

Look at the pairings.

Dilettantes out.

Submit yourself to every ordinance of man…to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors. —I Peter 2:13

We ought to obey God rather than men. —Acts 5:29

And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun. —Mark 16:2

The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre. —John 20:1

>things I don't like are necessarily the result of ignorance
no u

That's not even a contradiction. God obviously doesn't have a literal face - except perhaps in his incarnation as Jesus, which John was aware of. One is poetry about living in the divine will, the other is a statement about how God transcends man beyond all his earthly senses.

And it was the third hour, and they crucified him. —Mark 15:25

…about the sixth hour…they cried out…crucify him….Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. —John 19:14-16

you do realize these are different books written by different people, pleb>?

See:

Excuse me but if you had even a tiny pea brain you could see that the Bible says different things in different parts and this proves that the entire thing is a sham, a hoax, a load of poppycock if you will.

Perhaps if you took a moment to look up from your collection of bronze age desert fairy tales you would see this objective fact. Sorry to burst your bubble kiddo but your magic book has been debunked, it's irrelevant, it's nonsense, it's nothing at all. Welcome to the real world.

When two people tell the same story about real events they both saw there are almost always discrepancies. It would be more concerning if all the stories matched perfectly.

>But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!" Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by

Interesting that you limit how such a powerful God is allowed to manifest himself.

what fix be mean by this

Umm, no, it's concerning that God didn't bother to inspire them to remember what time the climax of his manifestation on earth occurred. Seems wildly sloppy for something so powerful.

>Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

damn...

The definition of God requires restriction to what God actually is. God is infinitely powerful, but it doesn't mean He has to be everything he possibly can be? I'm not sure what you're getting at user.

That the world is fucked and to live as a Christian you have to be smart and sensitive to the difficulties of others.

>implying

It helps to remember that the OT is different from the NT. Not to get all /pol/ on you, but one is foundational to Judaism and the other is the precise opposite, the ANTIDOTE to Judaism. Anyone who has actually read the entire Bible can tell you that the OT and the NT really do seem to be talking about two entirely different deities.

Anyway, my favorite New Testament passage is Romans 7:14-24:

"I do not understand my own behavior; I do not act as I mean to, but I do the things that I hate. Though the will to do what is good is in me, the power to do it is not; the good thing I want to do, I never do; the evil thing which I do not want - that is what I do.

>The definition of God requires restriction to what God actually is.
Sure, he's all-powerful, all-knowing and all-benevolent. I don't see how that excludes him from having a face when he feels like it.

>the antidote to Judaism

How dare you.

Why would He need a material face? It would not be something central to His being.

He does of course have a human face, that of Jesus Christ, but it is clearly not what John was referring to since it is definitely a face that people did see with your own eyes.

>Marcionism

Kek, I mean in the sense that actual moral goodness and decency is stressed, rather than,"let's sell etrogs in the Temple at a steep profit" and that sort of mindset. Judaism is ethnicity-based, whereas Jesus is presented as beyond ethnicity.

Nigga, he showed his hand and back to Moses. There's a face facing away from Moses in that scene. I don't know why you think God and Moses are lying about this.

>God showed his hand and back to Moses. There's a face facing away from Moses in that scene.

Citation pls?

18 Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”

19 And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

21 Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

Exodus 33

Well, you do know your Gnosticism, user, but I'm not trying to say to actually discard the OT like Marcion, but it should be looked at through a Christian lens. I originally just meant that OPs favorite quote taken out of context is a bit Satanic sounding.

>literally stepping on Pelagius

What a boss.

Btw, good music. Thanks for sharing. Reminds me of Stone Temple Pilots.

ty and stp are rad

this is a lil edgier and heavier but still good imo

youtube.com/watch?v=ZMAeMaCnOvk

>no John 1:1
C'mon.

STAND UP
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
AMEN
SIT DOWN.

>Jesus cursed the fig tree

When the morning stars sang together
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?

>Fig tree didn't produce fruit

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:1

s'aight

youtube.com/watch?v=rLCquJxoOFs

That's a cute snake.

youtube.com/watch?v=VSSFG_pNPg0

He said, “Go out and stand on the mountain before the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.” Now there was a great wind, so strong that it was splitting mountains and breaking rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake;
and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a sound of sheer silence.
When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave. Then there came a whisper to him that said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”
1 Kings 19:11-13

Nice scripture and nice doubles.

oh dear

In the beginning...

>Edgelords itt who don't understand that historical records have variances and that poetry tends to be of metaphorical/non-literal nature.

>edgelords itt who think their personal feelings about historical records have significance and that truth hinges on how it makes them feel

On that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian will come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians will worship with the Assyrians.
On that day Israel will be the third with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth, whom the Lord of hosts has blessed, saying, “Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel my heritage.”
- Isaiah 19:23-25

>I do not understand my own behavior; I do not act as I mean to, but I do the things that I hate. Though the will to do what is good is in me, the power to do it is not; the good thing I want to do, I never do; the evil thing which I do not want - that is what I do.
This is me, to be frank

I've always loved Genesis 1:1

So basically:
>The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak

Psalm 139:7-10
"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me."

Ecclesiastes 12
[1] Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, Before the difficult days come, And the years draw near when you say, “I have no pleasure in them”: [2] While the sun and the light, The moon and the stars, Are not darkened, And the clouds do not return after the rain; [3] In the day when the keepers of the house tremble, And the strong men bow down; When the grinders cease because they are few, And those that look through the windows grow dim; [4] When the doors are shut in the streets, And the sound of grinding is low; When one rises up at the sound of a bird, And all the daughters of music are brought low. [5] Also they are afraid of height, And of terrors in the way; When the almond tree blossoms, The grasshopper is a burden, And desire fails. For man goes to his eternal home, And the mourners go about the streets. [6] Remember your Creator before the silver cord is loosed, Or the golden bowl is broken, Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain, Or the wheel broken at the well. [7] Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it. [8] “Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher, “All is vanity.”

For you

Its not even edgy to be atheist anymore

Depends on who you ask.

>this

14: Ogres have layers. Like onions.

I can't tell if this post is supposed to be anti-atheist or anti-bible.

hahah

The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying:

“Holy, holy, holy,
Lord God Almighty,
Who was and is and is to come!”

pretty spooky sis

>I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

> “If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you."

> “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

Ecclesiastes is the most patrician biblical book.

The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament shows His handiwork. (Psalm 19:1)

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1 Corinthians 13:12

fuck you all go die !!!!!!!! parasites .