Ben rhodes

anyone excited for when he does actually publish his delillo inspired masterpiece ?

don't know who ben rhodes is?

nytimes.com/2016/05/08/magazine/the-aspiring-novelist-who-became-obamas-foreign-policy-guru.html

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/book-party/wp/2016/05/06/why-the-ben-rhodes-profile-in-the-new-york-times-magazine-is-just-gross/
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/ben-rhodes-and-the-retailing-of-the-iran-deal/481893/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

interesting

He's a square. He sold out already. Fuck him.

what do you mean by this? or are you meming?

it seems to me like he's probably going to end up writing a real great american novel. he's right in the thick of things and stays meme free by reading delillo. he can save american literature from the cormacs and tommys

New York Times, please go.

>the single most influential voice shaping American foreign policy aside from Potus himself
>His mother is Jewish
was right again

washingtonpost.com/news/book-party/wp/2016/05/06/why-the-ben-rhodes-profile-in-the-new-york-times-magazine-is-just-gross/

theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/ben-rhodes-and-the-retailing-of-the-iran-deal/481893/

Americans are disgusting. The NYT / WaPo / New Yorker / establishment politicians / new England academic circlejerk is disgusting. I thought the UK was bad but we're not even 1 % as bad.

Also Americans are mostly fat and live in cities that mostly aren't even cities. What they call cities are mostly motorways with 95 % country side and 5 % ridiculously spaced out buildings

i actually just read those articles and have come to the conclusion that it's pretty funny how these journalists are resorting to this kind high school behavior in front of their own publications. should the author of the original profile handled it better? maybe. it doesn't really matter to the public if he had to throw some fellow journalists under the bus for it though. it doesn't change the facts about the administration's media strategy. i don't give a shit about two guys personal affairs and desu the atlantic should be above publishing personal feuds like that. and yes, Washington post, the article was written in a self-masturbatory way - many articles are. idc that your staff have decided to take particular issue with this one bc you were name called in it.

oh the internet

Didn't read the Washington post one, but I thought the Atlantic one did a good job explaining that the personal feud wasn't the issue but rather one of journalistic honestly and integrity. I wouldn't quite call it high school, these are prominent people in their field with reputations and nuanced stances on very important matters to uphold, which especially important because the press is the only direct conduit between political administrations/world events and the public.

hi, Jeff

I forgot only ironic posting is allowed on Veeky Forums

Here's your (you) :^)

if you didn't read it, why did you post it? where is the integrity and honesty in that?

>hasnt been to nyc

You've clearly never been to any of the major cities in the US. "Mostly Fat" doesn't even register. Most people aren't fat. Sure you'll see a lot of people who aren't muscular or physically fit looking but "Fat" doesn't cover it. You also don't seem to understand what a city is because most cities are buildings with interconnected highways that lead to other cities. The highways have country side but the cities themselves have buildings and businesses.

of all the points why did you let him trigger you on weight issue?

he's going off of broad statistical judgments which is the root of all misunderstanding and prejudice. get used to it. America will be forever known as the land where everyone is 30 stone and has a shotgun on them at all times.

this desu

He looked pretty choked during the state of Union write-up

we're simultaneously the fattest nation and the strongest nation, we've out-sumoed japan

>american literature needs to be saved
dont believe you

The Atlantic hasn't been above publishing anything for at least five years, probably more like ten. I remember it was still pretty respectable when I was in high school, which was ~15 years ago.

Did you read the article? Have you been living under a rock? Most modern "journalists" are little more than meat puppets for official propaganda agencies. The more "prominent" journalists are, the more that's true, because they become prominent by doing what they're told. Their "reputations" consist of parroting what their handlers tell them, and their "nuanced stances on very important matters" are a combination of unremarkable personal opinions which equal I can on find dozens of blogs and forums in a few minutes and rationalizations for selling out their integrity.

/pol/ aside, I don't think it's a mystery how having mommy's friend get you a job at the Carnegie Foundation and oh yeah, your brother's the president of CBS News ought to raise eyebrows. Especially since any mention of Rhodes' parents, including their names, have been pretty carefully scrubbed from the Internet.

it's called hyperbole you pedantic fuck

>/pol/ aside, I don't think it's a mystery how having mommy's friend get you a job at the Carnegie Foundation and oh yeah, your brother's the president of CBS News ought to raise eyebrows. Especially since any mention of Rhodes' parents, including their names, have been pretty carefully scrubbed from the Internet

he comes from a rich ny jew family, so what? he's done his job good.

anyone got a link to his short story?

Fuck this guy, I'm better than him.

dank

That sweater looks comfy.